“central”

Majestic Roof Garden Hotel
Ranked #3 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is an excellent central hotel for visiting Adelaide. The rooms are very large and clean all the normal facilities were available. The friendly and accommodating staff looked after our luggage while we took trips to Uluru and Kangaroo Island.
The location is great for Adelaide as it is in the middle of all the shops and restaurants, could not ask more
We never tried the restuarant but it looked very interesting.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear exfarmersteve,

Thank you for your positive review of our Hotel. I am always pleased to read that we have been able to provide a positive experience for our many guests and provide them with a central location to enjoy the sights of Adelaide or South Australia.

I hope you enjoyed Kangaroo Island and Uluru as much as you enjoyed Adelaide and I hope that next time you stay with us you are able to enjoy our unique dining experience in Culshaw's Restaurant.

Michael Collis

Write a ReviewReviews (2,200)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel is without doubt one of the finest I've ever stayed in. Firstly the location is perfect. There are so many terrific restaurants and shops literally just around the corner, and the city centre is only a short 5-10 minute walk. From the moment I arrived the staff were friendly, enthusiastic and helpful. They were more than happy to offer advise on activities and willfully book them on your behalf. The rooms were spacious and presented in immaculate condition. The bonus of free internet was very welcome, with speeds more than capable for browsing and streaming videos. I thoroughly enjoyed my short stay here, and shall be recommending it to anyone who decides to visit Adelaide in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear ramlux84,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback about your recent stay with us. I am excited to read that we were able to provide you with such a positive experience and that our staff and facilities were above your expectations. Your feedback is appreciated and I will be sure to share this with our team.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Spent two nights here, separated by a trip to Kangaroo Island, and was impressed by the professionalism, friendliness and helpfulness of the staff - both front desk and restaurant. They happily stored our luggage in-between, and arranged for it to be waiting in our room on return, and they offered great advice and went to the trouble of printing out directions and maps without even being asked. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Perhaps look a little on the tired side and the aircon was the noisiest I've ever heard, but ruthlessly efficient! Great breakfast, and dinner at the restaurant was also superb, though I should have kept to 2 courses - the portions are huge!

Room Tip: Most rooms don't have baths - specify if you'd like on (may cost more - not sure)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear underw00d,

Thank you for your positive review of our Hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and I am pleased to read that you found our team members to be professional and helpful and that they were able to assist you during your stay.

I do take your comments regarding our rooms on board and will certainly consider this for upcoming projects. I also apologise for any inconvenience the air conditioning unit caused during your stay.

And finally, I am delighted that you had a positive dining experience for breakfast and dinner as we have recently made some significant enhancements to this aspect of our product. Our team have worked tirelessly to enhance our menus and offerings and I trust that next time you stay, you will notice some further improvements.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I tried this hotel based on the reviews on Tripadviser and wasn't disappointed.

The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and all the amenities are there. The hotel is well-located, a short walk from the centre of the city and the east end restaurants.

My only (minor) gripe was the speed of the free internet which is described in the room as "high speed broadband". It was fast enough for email and basic functions but slow to download business files with graphics. (Speed was 1.5 Mbps down and 0.27 up.)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear AussieStrategist,

Thank you for providing such wonderful feedback on our Hotel. It is pleasing to read that your stay with us lived up to your fellow traveller's feedback and exceeded your expectations in the process.

I have taken note on your feedback regarding the internet and will have our team review the speeds to ensure it is up to our customer's expectations.

We certainly hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here over a period of two weeks and was very impressed. The staff were very friendly, attentive and provided service over and above what I expected. The rooms were beautifully presented, well equipped and spacious. The location was brilliant, just near Rundle street so easy access to everything. The rooftop garden made the expereince even better, as it was a place to sit outside amongst the garden in the evening. Excellent value.

Room Tip: I asked for a balcony which was a good outside space.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Intrepids_04,

It is extremely pleasing to read your feedback and in particular, your comments regarding our staff. It is always rewarding to hear that our staff have had such a positive effect on our guest's stay and in the process, exceeded your expectations.

It appears you stayed during Adelaide's 'Mad March' and you would have experienced first hand how lucky we are to have a superb location that is close to it all.

Thank you for your comments and I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I spent three nights here during a trip to Kangaroo Island. I found the staff to go out of their way to make your day a pleasure. We were offered complimentary bottles of cold water while our room was readied. I loved being so close to everything! Rundle Street was a lot of fun! The air conditioner really works!!! The free WiFi was excellent. The hotel s as clean as can be! The room are comfortable. Anyone who has a huge sign that saysbtell us what you think on Trip Advisor has confidence in their hotel! Feel free to book this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear JudyRMassachussets,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive comments regarding your stay with us. We do take our customer's feedback very seriously whether it is positive or negative and I am excited to read that our staff were able to assist you throughout your stay to make it as comfortabe as possible.

Our location is very convenient for the period you stayed with us as there is so many events happeneing in and around the East End and we are lucky that our Hotel is so closey located to all of them.

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Everything about this hotel was good. It was the only hotel in Australia that we stayed in with free wifi in every room. The location is wonderful, just around the corner is Rundle Street with lovely old malls, good shops and great restaurants. And, all the sites of Adelaide are an easy stroll away. All the staff where very friendly and we were offered a late checkout without even asking.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear C O,

Thank you for your positive review of our Hotel. It is fantastic to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of our location and our complimentary wifi. I am delighted to read that our staff were able to accommodate a late check out for you and I hope to welcome you back soon.