“Majestic Roof Garden Hotel”

Majestic Roof Garden Hotel
Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Good hotel and well situated close to lots of eating and drinking places and walking distance to main pedestrian shopping area. Staff were friendly and helpful.Had a bar and restaurant and car parking facilities.

Room Tip: high up and away from the lifts
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Mick231,

Thank you for your positive comments on our Hotel. I am glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Michael Collis

Write a ReviewReviews (2,096)

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is well located for shopping, restaurants and walks. There is parking nearby for an additional cost.The room was very clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Altogether a good experience.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear jaycar98,

I am delighted to read that you had a positive experience with us and I thank you for providing your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Check in friendly, welcoming & efficient, room well designed, clean, with loads of hanging & drawer space. Large bathroom. Location couldn't be better, at heart of the city, especially during the Fringe. Good choice of breakfast. Check out easy, no issues sorting taxi for airport. Niggles - great roof top area to sit out, but if you want a drink, you have to take the lift 7 floors to bar, and bring drinks back; when checked in, given vouchers for breakfast; call me picky, but don't expect to have this at a 4 star hotel; electric blinds in room didn't work v well. Dining area like something out of budget hotel. Overall, the pluses outweigh the minuses several times over. Would stay again, and recommend it. Just think hotel needs to decide it it is really a 4 star place!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Simon G,

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your stay at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel. I will certainly take note of the feedback you have raised in an effort to improve these areas for your next visit with us. I am happy to read however that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of our location.

We are currently undergoing a refurbishment in our restaurant area which includes an update to the décor and furnishings to enhance the guest experience whilst dining. In addition to these enhancements, we have planned work to be undertaken in our Roof Garden area. I am confident that should you return, you will notice an improvement here.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Arrived Sunday night at about 11:15pm. Check in was polite and quick. Room looks modern with a very nice bathroom. Check out next morning was pleasant and fast. This hotel is great value and one to return to. I couldn't get the block out curtains to fully join which was a pain but I was up so early it didn't affect me before the sun hit the room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Shintri,

Thank you for your positive review of our Hotel. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable experience staying with us and I apologise for any convenience the curtains not fully joining caused you during your time with us.

I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Only an overnight stay but lovely clean room and great bathroom. Really great location and helpful reception staff pointed us to good Italian restaurant really close by. Didn't eat at the hotel. Nice roof terrace. Certainly a good value city hotel in great location.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear jennyArley,

Thank you for your comments on recent stay with us. I certainly appreciate your time and I am happy to see that overall, your stay was pleasant.

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here January 2013. The location was perfect and v close for my sisters wedding at ayers house. Breakfast was absolutely delicious everything tasted amazing cold and hot buffet pastries and yoghurt. I lost a ring which we later found but the staff were so helpful and understanding even though it caused us to check outlate. I would definitely recommend a stay here for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2013
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Melissa O,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that our location was convenient for your sister’s wedding and I trust that the wedding went well. I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed breakfast and that are staff were so helpful. We have recently invested heavily in these two areas and I am happy to see they have had a positive impact on your stay.

I hope to welcome you back soon and thank you for your recommendation.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Recently stayed 4 nights with my daughter and would definitely stay again.Front of house very polite and helpful.Rooms very clean and tidy.Lovely big bathroom.Hotel very close to plenty of places to eat and a short stroll to the main shopping area.We didn't eat at hotel so can't comment on food.
My only complaint would be the single beds.I usually travel with my husband so have queen or king beds but seriously what adult sleeps in a single bed?Surely hotels could provide double bed for twin rooms?

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Jackie C,

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us. It is great to see that you found our location, staff and facilities to be to your liking and I hope that next time you stay with us, you are able to try some of our delicious menu options. We have recently spent considerable time in reviewing our food options and I am confident you will find them to be a great alternative option to the restaurants on Rundle Street.

And thank you for the feedback on our beds. In a small number of our rooms, we have multi-use beds which can be used as either a single king bed or two king singles and I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of replacing our beds with new mattresses which will give a luxurious night’s sleep.