“My home in Adelaide”
Review of Adelaide Paringa

Adelaide Paringa
Ranked #39 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have stayed at the Paringa hotel 3 times now, each time a stop for when I head back to the small town in SA I'm working/living in. The first time I stayed (Room 204, queen and single bed) I picked the hotel because it was not too far from the airport, the price was great, and it was also very close to Rundle Mall, and since I needed to do some shopping, was very convenient. The next two times I stayed because I had such a wonderful experience the first time!

The 2nd stay I was given a different type of room (I think room 207) that had just a queen bed, and the room was fine, but I didn't like the layout as much, because the air conditioner was in the lounge room, and found I had to run it for a while to get it to the bedroom. But my stay was comfortable.

The 3rd stay, I requested room 204, and was given it no problem. This room also overlooks Hinley Street, so I got to people watch a bit from my room, which can be fun. I was very happy to arrive to a letter and a bag of jellybeans from the manager, it was a nice surprise. I had two different staff members in reception go out of their way to help me out.

I will be coming through Adelaide twice again in June, and have sent a request in for their "Name your price" special, and am hoping to stay again! I can't wait to be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank SaraB73
MillersParinga, General Manager at Adelaide Paringa, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so very much for your lovely review, it is so rewarding for myself and also the hardworking team here to read such a review! I am glad that your received your welcome back gift and note (we have a return guest program here in which are return guests receive a little something from us!).

We can't wait to see you back again in June!

Safe travels, and thank you again

Reviewed April 25, 2013

there was no spoon / no fork / no microwave / no plate
no WiFi in room
for a week they took 508$ for internet
about 720$ for resistance
shamefully more than 500$ for internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not believable!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank Faraz H
MillersParinga, General Manager at Adelaide Paringa, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments, however for the benefit of those reading this, it is only fair to respond to what is clearly an inflammatory and unfair review of our hotel.

Our rooms do not have cutlery, crockery or microwaves in them, nor do we ever advertise that we have them. They can certainly be sent up to your room if you need them, and we would have graciously done so had you requested them. Very few hotels in Adelaide provide these, and we are no exception to the norm.

Regarding your internet costs, up to 100MB are offered to as part of your initial fee, which is certainly enough for basic email, internet and voice Skype. Beyond this amount of bandwidth you are prompted to click "accept" to pay more money for more bandwidth, and the costs are clearly outlined. You proceeded to use well over 5 GB of data, and a significant amount of material was downloaded! Each and very step of the way you were informed of the costs. Although this amount may seem excessive, we do not own this internet system, and are passing on the cost that is charged to us.

Should you return to Adelaide and wish to stay at a hotel that has full kitchen facilities and offer 5 GB of internet, I can make recommendations for you, but it will not be Adelaide Paringa, because for the $87 that you paid here, unfortunately these additional items are not a standard for our room offering. What we do offer is friendly, clean and excellent value 3.5 star accommodation, in a very central location.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I still have nightmares about this hotel.

Incredibly dirty, I found a worm in my pillow,

Definitely unpolite, they were like always angry with you with no reason.

the building is a [--].

The only good stuff is the location.

I will never go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Fabio V
MillersParinga, General Manager at Adelaide Paringa, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

This guest did not stay at our hotel, nor did they even arrive at our hotel. They cancelled their reservation prior to arriving and were charged a cancellation penalty as they had booked a heavily discounted rate with no cancellations allowed. This person is attempting to take their anger at the charge out on the hotel. This is fraudulent misrepresentation of our hotel and Trip Advisor have been advised to remove the review due to clear breach of the review guidelines.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for one night over the Easter break. Not awful, but certainly one of the lowest quality hotels I have been in. The building smelled unclean, dirty carpet everywhere, rooms were very dated and dark. I don't think there had been any money spent on the rooms or communal areas for a fair few years

I'd definitely spend an extra $50 and stay in a more reputable hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tah4530

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. I apologize for what appears to be a disappointing stay. I certainly take on board your comments, thank you, although I admit to being a little surprised regarding your comments about our carpets and communal areas. The carpet is fairly new, and in excellent condition throughout the hotel. And regarding the communal areas, I assume you are referring to our Guest Lounge, it is extremely popular with our many regular guests enjoying its comfort and warmth. But it clearly is not what you expected, and for this I am sorry.

Safe travels, and we hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, and ensure you leave us with a more positive impression.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have just returned from a holiday in adelaide first we stayed in a hotel called the Ambassador and had the worst experience ever at the hotel please read my review of this hotel. the following week we booked the Paringa for one night, the hotel more than exceeded our expectations the room was very large lots and lots of space the rooms are exceptionally clean and well looked after, we were so impressed with the hotel we booked a further two nights the following week and again a further two nights the following week. there is a lovely young lady called Jin Hee who was very friendly and extremly helpful, Jin advised us of the best rooms in the hotel and because of her information we decided to upgrade to the rooms with a jacuzi this was a momorable stay, we also recieved a letter on the final stay from the management welcoming us back to the hotel and left us a lovely bag of jelly beans, lovely thought from them, the rest of the staff were very cheerfull and friendly, we definatley will stay here again when we return, many thanks to Jin Hee and the rest of the staff, best wishes Carol and Ron

Room Tip: the best room is the executive on first floor i think the number is 101 there is less noise as this...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank carol h

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your very kind review, and also for choosing to stay with us at Adelaide Paringa. Thank you also for your lovely comments about Jin Hee, she is such a important part of our Paringa team, and it is pleasing to see that she has again made a positive impression upon our valued guests!

I wish you all the best in your travels around this great country, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Please let me know if you do come back, and I will make sure Jin Hee is around to see you!

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed three nights. Hotel in great location near Rundle St mall. Lots of places to eat and drink on Hindley Street. Most of the tours will pick up from the hotel too which is convenient. Wifi only works in reception which is frustrating. As a lone traveller u need to keep in touch with people. This was my only bug bear though. Everything else was spot on.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your review and for your constructive comments on our hotel. Yes, our location is ideal, and apologies for not having wifi in the guest rooms, only in the Guest Lounge. This is something we are looking at, however we do have the cabled broadband internet in the rooms for guests that wish to connect.

Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The room smelt like smoke, when we told them we got moved. The hot water was hot hot or mild. The "deluxe" spa was stuck in te 80's. the milk was off (new milk in new room). Our neighbours partied till 4am. We could hear everything off te street (fights an all). There was vomit in te hallway (cleaned up once told). As reception was closed over Easter we felt a burden to their delightful sister hotel to complain but when we did bring up concerns the reception was helpful. The loaction was central bit probably too central even for us in our mid-twenties. For $140ish a night we were expecting more than an $80 room else we would have understood. But deluxe spa room? Nope. Sorry guys but this needs a good reno of rooms and workings. Our first trip to Adelaide is now likely to be our last. :(

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Randeharills

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience at Adelaide Paringa. it is disappointing to read that we fell short of your expectations, and I apologize for that. It does appear that some other guests impacted upon your experience, but at the same time you have highlighted some areas that I am already looking into and seeking at improving.

We do hope this has not spoilt your impression of our lovely city of adelaide, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.