“Avoid”
Review of Adelaide Paringa

Adelaide Paringa
Ranked #37 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed July 15, 2011

The hotel is situated at a "dodgy" part of Adelaide. I knew that I had made a mistake booking the place when my taxi driver commented by saying "It's not a very nice street, is it?" The hotel reception was the only modern, renovated part of the hotel. The rooms were extremely dated and tacky and cleanliness was not to a high standard. The room was also very noisy, even up on the 4th floor. Internet was very expensive at $20/day but they only give you a 100MB limit (which is not much when you need to work) and they charge extra for every bit of data above that.

I couldn't stay the night and so checked-out early and stayed elsewhere. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank omni01
Adelaide_Management, Manager at Adelaide Paringa, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It saddens us to receive negative feedback regarding our property, however it is only by listening to our guests we can improve our policies and procedures and become better at what we do.

Our central CBD location is at the Rundle Mall and King William Street end of Hindley Street, and we are pleased to announce that we have just secured a contract to ‘double glaze’ all the windows at our hotel which will alleviate excess noise.

Although we do charge for internet in our Standard Rooms, all Deluxe Rooms come with 100MB of complimentary internet, as well as a few other little extras, which are more suitable to the business traveller.

I have discussed the experience of your Room Servicing with the housekeeping supervisor and a refresher training of Linen Service Cleaning Standards has been implemented of our Standard Operating Procedures for all rooms.

I do welcome you to contact me directly for me to further clarify the details of your stay, and perhaps give us the opportunity to better assist your requirements next time you visit Adelaide.

Jenna Kenyon, Business Development Executive - Phone: 08 8410 1888 or Email: sales@adeaideparinga.com.au

There are newer reviews for Adelaide Paringa

Reviewed July 11, 2011

Warning, if booking this motel, you won't get a refund under any circumstances. Our flight to Adelaide was disrupted because of the ash cloud. The airline gladly refunded tickets purchased, but the manager dogedly refused to change the booking to another day or give a refund. Crying 'we would go broke to do so'. She over-ruled the friendly receptionist, who initially was amenable to changing the booking. She also manages the nearby Miller Apartments. Bad karma here too I suspect.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank pmh2011
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I booked this hotel and after reading a few reviews from 'Tripadvisor ' I must admit I was a little concerned. But after staying at the motel I have no such concerns. I found the accomodaition comfortable and pleasant and I had everything I needed. I found it to be very good value for money considering it is so close to the shops and restaurants. The nights were a little noisy sometimes from the street but surprisingly not too loud. I found the staff to be friendly and on the occasions when I had a query or a request, they were more than happy to help and made me feel welcomed. I would most definitely stay here again and I enjoyed my stay in Adelaide very much. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Kirstie_from_Perth
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Looking around this site prompted me to review this past accommodation. Judging by the comments of others, not much has really changed to improve this hotel since we stayed.

An easy drive by airport shuttle and pleasant enough staff on our late check in. The entrance is down a small side lane otherwise very well located to the city blocks. Plenty of night life within walking distance and stepping out during the day put you straight into the hustle and bustle of city streets.

The rooms were a little dated and plain. They were also quite small but that wasn't of real concern at the time. The 'opening' window didn't really give much more than a glimpse of a rear service area of several other buildings. Just thankful that the window was frosted glass, no view to look out to anyway. At least we didn't suffer those noise problems experienced by others.

In all we only stayed a few days, loved our time in Adelaide, but not sure that this would be our preference next time.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gigglehat
Reviewed May 16, 2011

So to begin with , I knew it was located in a busy / loud part of Adelaide. Found out just how dodgy a part of the city it was on my arrival. My room was overlooking the little lane-way across from the pub. Not ideal.
Place was relatively clean but the entire building was terribly old: it was like putting a fresh lick of paint on a previously derelict building.
Much more akin to the standards of an overseas hostel.
Paid for two nights. Stayed one and paid to stay elsewhere for the 2nd.
Enough said.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Frank_Black_2k
Reviewed May 13, 2011

"spacious queen suite, not at all, a double bed in a tiny room, the only thing spacious was the high ceiling which made the room quite cold at this time of year. Third floor room overlooking the little pub on hindely, the noise at night was almost like standing next to the people talking. we had the "bed and breakfast" package, which was advertised as a hot breakfast, turned out to be warm but no options other than bacon and eggs, at least the food was warm though, the "foxtel was about 4 grainey channels on a telivision so poorly placed your neck started to hurt trying to watch it.
Really unimpressed with everything except the location and the price though even that was miserly.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Matt_nev
Miller_Management, Manager at Adelaide Paringa, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write down your comments on your recent stay with us. It saddens us to receive negative feedback regarding our property, however it is only by listening to our guests we can improve our policies and procedures and become better at what we do.

Please let me sincerely apologize for any excess noise that may have occurred during your stay with us. We are pleased to announce that we have just secured a contract to ‘double glaze’ all the windows at our hotel which will alleviate excess noise and also assist in insulating the room.
We have an onsite Maintenance Manager who investigates all maintenance issues on a daily basis, and we appreciate your comments regarding television reception.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast, and whilst we do not own the restaurant that supplies our guest breakfast, we will certainly pass your feedback on to them.

Again we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience you experienced and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 5, 2011

Yes it was cheap, but, long hair all over the dirty tables and a saggy bed and pillows made it feel like a YMCA place!
Towels weren't replaced and the empty tissue box had to be left out for someone to replace it!
My room faced inwards, so there was little noise, as Hindley St is a nightmare on the weekend!
This also applies to Miller Apartments Adelaide across the road. An all night pub with outdoor tables is next door plus a 24 hour Maccas is close by makes it a noisy place to be.
So if you are a light sleeper, wear earplugs!
I wouldn't recommend it to single woman, the area is just too dangerous.
When I expressed some concerns about my room which smelled, I was told , Well it is in the CBD, as if that is a good excuse!
One morning the hot water system died, flooding reception, no phone call was made to the patrons, and I had a freezing shower.
The stairs were dirty and never cleaned.
The benches in the room need to be wiped down before use.
While the location is good, you have to weigh it up with the possiblity of sleeping in an enclosed box or facing a noisy road, the choice is yours.

I went with this motel because of its reviews on here, which now leave me wondering how accurate they are??

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank vicpk
Millers_Sales, General Manager at Adelaide Paringa, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

Thank you for your feedback.
The Housekeeping issues you raised have been addressed with the team as a result not only will those staff members with long hair need to continue to keep it tied back we will be implementing hair nets as a further precaution.

This morning I personally checked the room you stayed in and there was no smell, however that is not to say that one of the surrounding business could not have been pumping a grease trap during your stay, many operations in the area back onto the lane adjacent to the room you occupied.
The bed is a commercial Sealy and was placed in that room less than 12 months past.
Unfortunately we did have a hot water cylinder "blow' during your stay and the first and ground floors of hotel were without hot water for several hours while emergency measures were put in place and a new cylinder fitted the following day. We were of the understanding that all guest effected by this had been contacted I truly apologize if we failed to notify you.

As a process the stairwells in the hotel are vacuumed at approximately 7.30 am each morning and again at around 4.00pm each afternoon however during the 36 hours required to complete the hot water cylinder replacement this was not adequate to keep the stairs from 1st to ground floors at a normal standard of cleanliness given to coming and goings of cylinders workmen etc.

I hope the above covers your concerns and once again thank you for your feedback.