“Nice hotel in great location”

Ranked #13 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We had a two day stay here for a birthday celebration. The hotel was quiet and the staff friendly. The apartment was large, attractive and comfortable, with kitchen facilities, large TV in living area and smaller one in the main bedroom. The bathroom was well appointed, and for once, when we followed instructions and hung our towels up to use again, they were left as we wanted. Breakfast was included and was a good spread, although the hot food was not all as hot as it should have been.
The location is great - close to the North Terrace cultural precinct, Rundle Mall shops and Rundle Street restaurants, bars and pubs.
As with most Australian hotels, the wifi was extra cost - we have had it for free in tiny B&Bs on Ireland's west coast, so surely it should be available in capital cities in Australia!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank astrokath
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

Dear astrokath,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon to Mantra Hindmarsh Square.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Mantra Hindmarsh Square

Reviewed August 11, 2010

The check-in desk service was friendly and helpfull. We appreciated the assistance from staff for parking the car and in providing advice on using public transport. We also found it useful having a lot of information available in the lobby on places to visit. Given the cost of the accommodation the room provided was excellent value. Undoubtedly the location of the hotel was a significant reason for deciding on the accommodation. It proved to be a good choice in providing easy access to many of the amenities in the City.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2010

Dear Motorcycle9,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2010

Just a bunch of very friendly and helpful people. Room was twice as big as other hotels I've stayed in.
Food downstairs was some of the best I've ever had.
Can't recommend them highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2010

Dear Jez2a,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near furture.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 4, 2010

I stayed at the Mantra while visiting wineries in the Barossa, Adelaide Hills and McLaren Vale. It was a fantastic base in every way - nice and central and within easy distance of the vineyards and also nice and close to the action in Adelaide (though not so close it was impossible to get a good night's sleep).

When I stayed the Adelaide festival was in full swing and the city was buzzing - it was nice to have a hotel just on the periphery of the action, a calm oasis to return to after a night of partying.

When I first booked in I arrived ahead of my colleagues - even though it was a group booking and I didn't have much information the receptionist couldn't have been more helpful and friendly - after dropping off my luggage in my fantastic apartment (fantastic views across Adelaide Hills, huge TV, fridge, comfortable furniture, beautiful bedrooms with super comfy beds, soft lighting and perfect silence and darkness when it was time to turn in) I headed back downsatirs for a cold beer.

The foyer bar is just lovely as well - open to the street so a nice breeze wafts through, with friendly staff who had time for a chat. The atmosphere was so relaxed - if you preferred to catch a few rays, the large frontage was was laid out with tables and chairs as well - all the better to watch the bustle of a sunny day in Adelaide over a cool beer.

I didn't eat dinner or lunch in the hotel and I didn't hear any reports back, but I lovely heart breakfast one morning.

Overall, a lovely stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank rconti479

Dear rconti479,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us at Mantra Hindmarsh Square. We are very happy we were able to assist in providing you with a memorable holiday and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 12, 2010

We had some guests in our room before going out at around 11,00PM. The noise level was a little loud at 1 point, so we received a visit from a 'manager'. This whole encounter spiralled out of context and the manager decided to react very poorly and inappropriately by allowing his personal attack to override appropriate skills in handling a slightly difficult guest situation. Apart form this, the bed was hard and uncomfortable, the lift very crammed and difficult to operate with the room card. The rooms are advertised as suits, but are very small - particularly in the living area. The 1st room that we were given was a rear facing room onto a car park, after having confirmed at the time of reservation that we would be receiving a view of the city. This was changed after complaining to the desk and having the manager agree to the room change. We won a free voucher for this stay, so I guess the usual treatment and service disappears with that. Properties need to realise that these vouchers are provided more often than not through a corporate situation or event, and that clients are going to obviously report back to a great deal of people regarding their experience. The experience that we had was poor and that will be the last time Mantra will be receiving consideration in the future.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tonywills
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Stayed here for one night. Got a great room for the rate I paid, I was expecting a small studio room but got a one bedroom apartment. Not sure if this was due to them upgrading me or what but it was great!

Big bathroom, bedroom and lounge area. Very modern and comfortable. Had a large TV in the lounge AND the bedroom. Kitchen was well appointed with good appliances. It was very quiet and the staff were very nice.

I did have trouble in the morning however, unfortunately I suffered one of my migraines and was unable to leave by check out time. I rang reception and literally had to beg to extend my check out, I offered to pay extra but the staff I spoke to was extremely rude and not understanding at all. Eventually they agreed to it. Bizarre considering I was yet to check out and still a paying customer.

Besides the lil hiccup at the end it was a great place to stay and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2010

I stayed at Mantra Hindmarsh Square with a work colleague last week and working in the travel industry ourselves, we were very impressed with the high level of service. The Valet parking was very convenient and even though we went in and out regularly it was never a hassle and the car got driven up within minutes every time. Furthermore, we had lots of bulk mail delivered to the Hotel which was all delivered to our room and the staff even put some of the items in our car, ready for us to take the next morning. The room was great as well, very spacious and clean.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business