I stayed at the Mantra while visiting wineries in the Barossa, Adelaide Hills and McLaren Vale. It was a fantastic base in every way - nice and central and within easy distance of the vineyards and also nice and close to the action in Adelaide (though not so close it was impossible to get a good night's sleep).
When I stayed the Adelaide festival was in full swing and the city was buzzing - it was nice to have a hotel just on the periphery of the action, a calm oasis to return to after a night of partying.
When I first booked in I arrived ahead of my colleagues - even though it was a group booking and I didn't have much information the receptionist couldn't have been more helpful and friendly - after dropping off my luggage in my fantastic apartment (fantastic views across Adelaide Hills, huge TV, fridge, comfortable furniture, beautiful bedrooms with super comfy beds, soft lighting and perfect silence and darkness when it was time to turn in) I headed back downsatirs for a cold beer.
The foyer bar is just lovely as well - open to the street so a nice breeze wafts through, with friendly staff who had time for a chat. The atmosphere was so relaxed - if you preferred to catch a few rays, the large frontage was was laid out with tables and chairs as well - all the better to watch the bustle of a sunny day in Adelaide over a cool beer.
I didn't eat dinner or lunch in the hotel and I didn't hear any reports back, but I lovely heart breakfast one morning.
Overall, a lovely stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on Hindmarsh Square offers premier apartment style accommodation in Adelaide’s bustling CBD. Boasting a city centre location, Mantra Hindmarsh Square is only a short stroll from the Rundle Mall shopping and Rundle Street dining precinct and minutes away from the Adelaide Convention Centre, Sky City Casino, Festival and Entertainment Centres. Combining convenience with style, the hotel offers a range of studios, one and two bedroom air-conditioned suites with fully-equipped kitchenettes, bathroom and laundry facilities. Some suites also offer private balconies with views across Adelaide city or out across the majestic Adelaide Hills. There are a wide range of guest facilities, including 24 hour room service and reception desk, gymnasium and tour desk for your convenience. Sq Restaurant, lounge bar & street side cafe offers creative cuisine featuring the best of local South Australian produce and is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Perfect for overnight, short-term or long-term stays, Mantra Hindmarsh Square is centrally located, offering stylish accommodation to suit both business and leisure travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Hindmarsh Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Hindmarsh Square Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Mantra Hindmarsh Square Hotel Adelaide
- Adelaide Mantra Hindmarsh Square