“Lonely Planet MUST have stayed here..”

Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Sydney, Australia
“Lonely Planet MUST have stayed here..”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Lonely Planet has named Adelaide as one of THE cities to visit in 2014.

And personally I think they did so after staying here.

Its the people who work here who make this such a great place to stay, Every time I have stayed (Monthly visits for the most part of the last couple of years), the staff have gone out of their way to make enjoyable.

The rooms are always spotless, the radio normally turned on when I enter the room with some easy music playing. The location is perfect, close enough to walk to most attractions, yet quiet enough so the noise is minimal. And as always with airport shuttle pick up and drop off to the front door, so convenient. The food in the restaurant is fantastic, whether your eating in or having room service. All in all as a very happy customer I have happily recommended staying here to numerous friends and business acquaintances and all have been as happy as I have.

While my current work means no more trips to Adelaide right now, I know where I will be staying the next time I am in Adelaide for business or pleasure!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the park and hills
4 Thank BrettRiddett
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear BrettRiddett,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. It is always extremely pleasing to hear positive comments about our hotel, particularly when they are directed towards the team and I will be sure to share this with them. We are sad to hear this is your last trip for a while but look forward to looking after you once more the next time you visit Adelaide.

Mantra Hindmarsh Square

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times now and it is great! I prefer to stay at Mantra's when travelling on business as I love have a full size apartment for around the same cost of a hotel. The Mantra at Hindmarsh Sq is probably one of the best Mantra's I have stayed in... Rooms are good quality, service is excellent and location top notch. Highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear chrismac_85,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and would also like to thank you for making Mantra your choice for business travel. Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment room. Located in a good position to Rundle st and North terrace, parks, museums and restuarants.
The room was clean and spacious. The kitchenette had all we required including a coffee plunger. The bedrooms were spacious and bed was comfortable. The bathroom was very spacious, clean and modern. The balcony was small but being able to open the door for fresh air is good. The room was quiet and we didn't hear any outside noise. We enjoyed a meal at the restaurant and drinks/coffee/late desserts at the lounge/bar area. The staff were friendly and helpful. there were nearly always taxis waiting out the front of the hotel. An enjoyable stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Linarosa,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We are very happy we were able to assist in providing you with an enjoyable stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for a conference which was also held in the meeting room at the Mantra.
The room/apartment was large and well appointed; the bathroom too was a good size & the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast is buffet style but the cooked food is all perfectly cooked and kept; I would definitely stay here again.This is the only place I know of that is able to offer perfectly cooked and good quality back bacon rather than the leather strips you get offered elsewhere. The staff were all friendly and proficient at their job. This was a booked and paid for trip for me; if I were to return to Adelaide and I had to do the booking I would definitely consider returning to the Mantra

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Rikkimca,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We are very happy we were able to assist in providing you with a memorable conference and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Townsville, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great location, great restaurant/bar, lovely spacious rooms BUT! The mattresses have a plastic top on them, even with air conditioning, we were All so HOT, why the plastic tops? I dont wet the bed! The linen was NOT WHITE, it was stained, i checked to make sure linen was clean, it was, it was just stained yellow. Not what you'd expect from a 4 star. I loved the location, so does qantas as airline staff stay there also, but before I book again I'd have to ask about the standard of the linen and do they still have plastic mattresses.

Room Tip: Ask about mattress
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kerry H
Dear Kerry H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay. All of our beds in the hotel are of the same quality and are manufactured by Sealy. The strip you referred to is actually part of the bed and is not additionally placed on to the bed. All our linen is provided and cleaned by one of Adelaide's most reputable Laundries.

This is not an issue we normally received and I invite you to contact me directly to discuss in more detail and then I can address these issues accordingly. I look forward to hearing from you. Phone 08 8412 3386 or email tim.rees-jones@mantra.com.au.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Only stayed here for a couple of nights. Found the staff to be very friendly and polite. Our room was quite large and well equipped. The bed was sooooo comfortable and best of all it was quiet at night. Made for the perfect nights sleep. Breakfast Buffett in the restaurant was great. Will stay again for sure.

Dear Tehi2013,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've been staying in Adelaide each week for work since March. Initially work put me into another hotel but it didn't work out for several reasons. I couldn't be more happier moving to the Mantra at Hindmarsh Square where it honestly feels like home (with the addition of food being cooked for you and room being cleaned!). The customer service is exceptional as they really do try to make your stay as comfortable as you like even if you are a frequent traveller to the once off. The food is exceptional and the only downside is you can't take the chef home or have the recipes! The location is in the heart of the city and I really can't complain or point out anything bad! Very happy this is my home away from home!

• Stayed October 2013
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear VeeJ01,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We are very happy we were able to assist in providing you with great stays and making you feel at home. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.