“Great location, service and room.”

Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Sydney, Australia
“Great location, service and room.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment room. Located in a good position to Rundle st and North terrace, parks, museums and restuarants.
The room was clean and spacious. The kitchenette had all we required including a coffee plunger. The bedrooms were spacious and bed was comfortable. The bathroom was very spacious, clean and modern. The balcony was small but being able to open the door for fresh air is good. The room was quiet and we didn't hear any outside noise. We enjoyed a meal at the restaurant and drinks/coffee/late desserts at the lounge/bar area. The staff were friendly and helpful. there were nearly always taxis waiting out the front of the hotel. An enjoyable stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Linarosa,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We are very happy we were able to assist in providing you with an enjoyable stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Mantra Hindmarsh Square

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for a conference which was also held in the meeting room at the Mantra.
The room/apartment was large and well appointed; the bathroom too was a good size & the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast is buffet style but the cooked food is all perfectly cooked and kept; I would definitely stay here again.This is the only place I know of that is able to offer perfectly cooked and good quality back bacon rather than the leather strips you get offered elsewhere. The staff were all friendly and proficient at their job. This was a booked and paid for trip for me; if I were to return to Adelaide and I had to do the booking I would definitely consider returning to the Mantra

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Rikkimca,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We are very happy we were able to assist in providing you with a memorable conference and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Townsville, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great location, great restaurant/bar, lovely spacious rooms BUT! The mattresses have a plastic top on them, even with air conditioning, we were All so HOT, why the plastic tops? I dont wet the bed! The linen was NOT WHITE, it was stained, i checked to make sure linen was clean, it was, it was just stained yellow. Not what you'd expect from a 4 star. I loved the location, so does qantas as airline staff stay there also, but before I book again I'd have to ask about the standard of the linen and do they still have plastic mattresses.

Room Tip: Ask about mattress
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kerry H
Dear Kerry H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay. All of our beds in the hotel are of the same quality and are manufactured by Sealy. The strip you referred to is actually part of the bed and is not additionally placed on to the bed. All our linen is provided and cleaned by one of Adelaide's most reputable Laundries.

This is not an issue we normally received and I invite you to contact me directly to discuss in more detail and then I can address these issues accordingly. I look forward to hearing from you. Phone 08 8412 3386 or email tim.rees-jones@mantra.com.au.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Only stayed here for a couple of nights. Found the staff to be very friendly and polite. Our room was quite large and well equipped. The bed was sooooo comfortable and best of all it was quiet at night. Made for the perfect nights sleep. Breakfast Buffett in the restaurant was great. Will stay again for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tehi2013,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've been staying in Adelaide each week for work since March. Initially work put me into another hotel but it didn't work out for several reasons. I couldn't be more happier moving to the Mantra at Hindmarsh Square where it honestly feels like home (with the addition of food being cooked for you and room being cleaned!). The customer service is exceptional as they really do try to make your stay as comfortable as you like even if you are a frequent traveller to the once off. The food is exceptional and the only downside is you can't take the chef home or have the recipes! The location is in the heart of the city and I really can't complain or point out anything bad! Very happy this is my home away from home!

• Stayed October 2013
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear VeeJ01,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We are very happy we were able to assist in providing you with great stays and making you feel at home. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

adelaide
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

My recent stay (a Sunday - Thursday) certainly didn't dazzle. Asked for a 2br apartment & there is a single bed in second room! Yes the location was perfect for our needs. To be called an apartment I expected a full size fridge & not a tiny bar fridge that was FILLED with mini-bar items which I removed to put our items in! The 'kitchen' was very inadequate. What tipped me over the edge was on check out I asked for a porter or some help with luggage & was presented with a trolley & had to struggle wheeling it myself down to reception... unacceptable for 5 stars, wouldn't you say? The receptionist even had to leave the front desk to go & get out valet-parked car herself! They have a lack of staff I'd say.... employ some!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jbtripper
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear jbtripper,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay. We are acutally not a 5 Star Hotel but a 4.5 Star AAA rate hotel as stated on our website.

The apartment you booked is correct which a 2 bedroom parkview with a king single in the second room again as noted on our website. Our fridges do contain mini bar items which can be removed on request. We also have trolleys available for guest use although we can assist when requested.

Our Front Desk Team are responsible for the Valet Parking of vehicles although the desk is never left unmanned.

I also invite you to contact me directly if you wish to discuss in more detail and then I can investigate these issues accordingly. I look forward to hearing from you. Phone 08 8412 3386 or email tim.rees-jones@mantragroup.com.au.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

In Adelaide for two weeks on business.

- My check in was seamless and I was made to feel very welcomed from the moment I stepped into the front door
- The SQ Restaurant & Lounge Bar located on the ground floor has exceptional food matched with a comprehensive wine list. The wait staff are very polite and fully versed in the menu/drink options. The daily specials add great variety to the seasonal menu. The option of outdoor dining overlooking the greener of Hindmarsh Square is a great place to have a morning coffee or a late afternoon drink
- One bedroom apartment is fully self-contained, spacious and comfortable. Kitchen facilities are a nice inclusion. A sleek large modern bathroom rounds off the well appointed room.
- Housekeeping staff have presented the room on a daily basis with meticulous care and fine attention to detail
- A very pleasant sleep each night with no street noise
- Location of the hotel is one block south of the Rundle Mall shopping strip. A great central location for business and leisure activities
- This is my second time at the hotel, and again my expectations on the professional and level of service has again been exceeded.
- This is my first and only choice for accommodation in Adelaide.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Hindmarsh Square have views towards the Adelaide Hills.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Peter C,