“Will be going back”

Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Brisbane, Australia
“Will be going back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

The service was great, my meals arrived at the times I requested, my car was ready when I needed it. The food was amazing and I will definitely be trying to stay there for future business trips.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, April 17, 2011
Dear APuddefoot,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Mantra Hindmarsh Square

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

I love the admosphere of the place and the food and service was great. Would definitely stay at the Mantra again. Kind regards,

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Dear SmileySA14,

Canberra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2011

We stayed in a two bed unit for the Rugby 7's with our adult daughter. The room was very quiet, we thought we might have trouble with noisy neighbours when they arrived but did not here them again. We were on the 6th floor. Staff at desk very helpful. Rooms clean and plenty of stuff in kitchen area. Instructions on how to use the dishwasher would help - it is still a mystery.
After the game on Sunday we had planned to eat at the restaurant but were not that hungry so ordered bar meals. Three meals fed five of us very adequately and with some nice wine brought an end to a great day. Our friends were on a breakfast package and said it was fantastic. No problems at all.
Getting the car via the valet was not a problem.
We will stay here again. The only thing this hotel needs is a pool but not sure where they would put one - maybe the basement like the Medina.
Thanks guys - happy time had by all.

Room Tip: Book on line.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Dear welshwizard,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Queensland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

Have stayed at this property a few times and like it, great location and much better than a hotel room. Benefit is the microwave and kitchen facilities. Downside is I find the rooms quite dark, the greyish paint a bit plain and with no good natural light (had a room facing a building). The lighting provided is not adequate to light up the room. The television seemed to be set to a maximum limit which was very low and difficult to enjoy. I didn't like the bed or pillows at all, had a very uncomfortable sleep, I think this could be rectified with quality linen and pillows. Bathroom was great with good water pressure, towels and amenities. Only downside there was a constant sewer smell coming from the bathroom. Had to sleep with the bathroom door closed, smell was vile. Biggest issue was at 9am while I'm sleeping in having housekeeping making such a noise in the room next door for 20 mins then knocking on my door and entering (even before I could answer), barging into my room then knowing I was there, slamming the door shut even though I had "Do Not Disturb" on the door. That would have to be the thing that annoys me the most besides them making the bed next door and pushing the bed against the wall, we have all heard that sound. I understand there is a job to do but they have to realise people are sleeping in adjoining rooms.

+ Great sized room
+ Fantastic quiet location in the heart of Adelaide
+ Good amenities inc kitchenette
+ Balconiette (just small enough to smoke on)

- TV sound
- Pillows and sheets
- Smell from bathroom
- Disruptions from noisy housekeepers

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, April 7, 2011
Dear andyoz,

It disappoints me to learn that you encountered a number of issues during your stay. To assist me further in investigating these matters, I invite you to contact me directly to discuss in more detail and then I can address these issues accordingly. I look forward to hearing from you. Phone 08 8412 3386 or email tim.rees-jones@mantra.com.au.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

Superb accomadation, great location, the words speak for itself
The staff, once again, make you feel at home. The rooms provided are of an exceptional standard and with its central geographical position in Adelaide, its the place for us to stay, we will definitely book again for next year

• Stayed March 2011
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
Dear Mark1407,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We are very happy we were able to assist in providing you with a memorable holiday and look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Coolangatta, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

First time staying with Mantra Hindmarsh Square (Used to use a "boutique" one on Flinders). Stayed 1 night. Room V.clean, spacious & well-appointed. Did have a slight issue with shower leaking over floor & pooling away from drain. Meal at the restaurant- very tasty, ample portions, lovely sides... BEEEEAUTFUL Sav Blanc, and well within price expectations! Staff VERY, VERY helpful, offering help for a couple of business needs (photocopying at 11.30pm)- Thanks SO MUCH fellas! I'd DEFINITELY recommend this place...in fact, I'm booked in tomorrow for 2 nights!!! Cheers

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear AWCfarjar,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2011

Came to Adelaide for a couple of days to visit friends. At the last minute the hotel that I had booked called me to cancel my reservation with them and book me into Mantra on Hindmarsh.

Room was upgraded at no extra charge because they were fully booked so I was given a beautiful (and large) suite. The room was only on the first floor so I was a little worried about noise but the heavy sliding doors barely let in a peep (double glazed?), it also had a huge balcony which directly overlooked the square and was fantastic. The room facilities were handy for me, the hideaway kitchen had a Smeg dishwasher, Smeg convection/microwave oven and a 2 burner electric hotplate. Everything I needed was there and Woolworths was only a couple of blocks walk away. Also tons of places to eat out within easy walking distance if that's what you're looking for. Main bedroom was a good size and had it's own tv (one in lounge is huuuuuge). Bathroom was decent size and only criticism about it would be that I wanted a bath!!

The only real negative for my entire stay would be my dissatisfaction with the housekeeping. I left my room before 9am (after hanging the "please make up my room" sign) and returned exhausted after 3pm to find my room had still not been made up. I had only been inside for a few minutes before they knocked on the door but by then I just wanted to relax and couldn't be bothered letting them in.

Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011
Tim_Rees-Jones, General Manager at Mantra Hindmarsh Square, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Dear Reallyfussytraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. Please accept my apologies that the service you were provided during your stay was inconsistent. The issues you raised have been addressed with the respective departmental managers and additional training implemented accordingly. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mantra Hindmarsh Square again soon.