“Good Mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Nice to eat Mexican food again. I have been here twice over the last couple of months & really enjoyed it. I haven't eaten Mexican food in quite a while, as I have found it stodgy.
This place has great flavours & is not expensive.

There are newer reviews for Maiz and Mezcal

Reviewed August 22, 2013

If you love mexican food with flavour and a bit of spice.... then don't come here! Our table of 9 were all dissapointed. The margheritas were an awful waste of $13.50 each! - " Tastes like medicine" was one comment from the group! None of us finished them! Despite good reviews in local papers etc.... nah! Wont be back! Service was average... one drinks round... reasonable explaination of the menu and how it works.... but then- got ignored.

1  Thank caroline r
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Just had lunch for 4, slow and patchy service. When ordering I asked about vegetarian options and was recommended a quesadilla, then decided to also order a tostada (volcanes), thank god I did, portions were tiny with no explanation that that was what was going on (did the waitress really think one tiny dish was enough for lunch? I'm not a big eater either but come on!). My husband ordered 3 tacos, same deal, tiny with no explanation that that was the style and that we should order multiple dishes. All orders came out staggered so we didn't all eat together. Food was pretty average, not really 'authentic' and most was lukewarm. Not great vegetarian options. Left feeling hungry.

1  Thank Redfemme80
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

What I really enjoyed about this place was the high quality of the service. The food was a different take on Mexican but was of a good quality and well prepared. The atmosphere was noisy and the prices were reasonable. They clearly keep up their margins by keeping the customers moving through.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My partner (who is Mexican) and I had dinner here. As we just moved to Adelaide and the restaurant is within walking distance to our new home, we were keen to give it a try. However it was overall a very disappointing experience and definitely overpriced. Firstly, they make it very difficult to make a booking as they only take bookings if you call a mobile number, and if no-one answers, they state 'we don't take bookings via voicemail, so you have to call us back'. I made 3 attempts at this before anyone called me to confirm my booking. The food we ordered was bland, tasteless, boring. No chilli anywhere ... huh, it's a Mexican restaurant! Not even a bottle of salsa on the table for those who want to add chilli!! Of course we take into account the fact that my partner is Mexican and I have been there many times myself, but as much as we tried to be reasonable considering it's a restaurant in Adelaide, I still can't bring myself to give this place a rating above 4 out of 10. They really need to add some flavour to their dishes ... true authentic Mexican food is rich in flavour and makes your taste-buds dance! The stuff they served up was very average (but still expensive for what it was!!). Give it a miss. Go somewhere else. Most of all, don't be influenced into believing for one second that this is 'authentic mexican food'!