“Seafood at its best”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I found this restaurant via the internet and I am so thankful. The place gets so busy that they have two sittings some nights BUT the food and service are still the best I have experienced for any seafood extravaganza. They also use genuine fresh South Australian King George whiting and Spencer Gulf king prawns. What else could one wish for. Go and try it.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Ate here while in Adelaide to see a test cricket match. Walked from the city centre which took about 30 minutes and was a pleasant stroll. We had tried to get in the night before but it was full and as promised the staff member rang back later to let us no they had no cancellations. We appreciated that courtesy and booked for the following evening. Has a range of simple, fresh and well cooked seafood with a flexible menu that allows you to choose how many pieces of fish and other items. Good quality accompaniments including interesting salad and vegetables. Small but good wine list. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.
You will need to book to guarantee a table as it is very popular.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

My client had recommended Louca's as it was close to his office, and he had eaten there before and had enjoyed the experience. There were 5 of us for lunch, and we sat in the corner of the Restaurant, overlooking Hutt Street. The décor is fresh, fun and friendly, with lots of white and green, and lots of glass, so as to give you the feeling of airiness and light.

The menu is extensive, with a focus on fresh South Australian seafood, but also caters for non-seafood patrons, with beef, lamb and chicken meals available.

But why go to a seafood place for a steak!!!

Knowing the meals were large, my clients advised me against having an entrée, as they knew I would struggle with the servings size, so we skipped entrees and breads and went straight to the Main course. This was a little disappointing as I would have liked to try the Mezze Starting plate, as the offerings sounded delicious. Similarly, I love White Bait and SA Prawns - so I will just have to come back!!!

I ordered the Barramundi steak - and was not disappointed. A large, boneless fillet with crispy skin, set on top of fresh lettuce greens and surrounded by fat, hand cut potato chips was delivered. The fish was cooked to perfection, falling apart and still moist and flaky.

My dining companions had the Chargrilled Surf and Turf - a delicious mix of lamb (cooked to pink perfection) and SA King Prawn skewers, Salt & Pepper Calamari - lots of tender rings with hand cut chips & the King George Whiting - 2 fillets grilled and served with crisp salad (for the weight conscious!). One of our group was brave and chose the Seafood Linguini (brave, as he was wearing a white shirt... and we all know what usually happens!!). His pasta was cooked to perfection, and piled high with assorted seafood, in a deliciously light oil based sauce. And I am pleased to say that his shirt survived unscathed!

The service was impeccable, understanding that we were having meeting whilst dining, so giving us privacy to discuss matters, whilst at the same time attending to our needs. The meals came out quickly, and so if we were pushed for time, we would still have been able to enjoy the excellent meals, and not felt rushed at all. The wine list is good, and reasonably priced.

We were there are lunchtime on a Tuesday and whilst it was clear there were others there enjoying a meal whilst discussing business, several other tables had couple dining, so the restaurant certainly caters for all types of patrons. The tables are not pushed too close together, and there is plenty of outside dining too.

We had a fabulous time at Louca's and I will be sure to go back again soon. Fresh seafood, cooked to perfection - how can you go wrong?

Reviewed February 15, 2014

It is easy to see why this place is so popular.

The owner is very friendly, knowledgeable and approachable .He takes time to talk to his guests. The young waiter who served us was a positive delight. He seemed to really enjoy his job, had verve, enthusiasm and none of the insouciance that we had recently encountered.

Why do people go into service industries if they don't want to do it with a smile on their face? I digress, as usual........

The restaurant has a purposeful buzz and the atmosphere was one of people really having a good time. Quite apart from the ambience the food was rather good too ! Starters included whitebait and huomous which were delightfully appetising.These preludes were followed by exquisitely prepared King George whiting, garfish, snapper and prawns. The seafood odyssey was accompanied by perfectly chilled Riesling.

This place deserves its plaudits, is reasonably priced and I can highly recommend it to you.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Even on a midweek evening we were lucky to get a table when we dropped in at this friendly fish eatery. Inside is basic but clean with a chalkboard menu and some wines on display.

We ordered whitebait and hummus for starters, while we waited for our mixed fish to be grilled and prepared. The starters were fine but the star of the day was the grilled fish - King George whiting, garfish, snapper and prawns. These were all perfectly cooked and delicious, although the local whiting seems much overrated and was not nearly as tasty as the garfish or snapper. Chips were OK but far too many for me. Accompanied by mineral water and a lovely bottle of crisp, dry Riesling, we enjoyed a great fish meal at a reasonable price.

The waiter was good and the owner very friendly. I can understand why the place is so popular and why it is best to make a booking.