“Exemplary Service”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've had no better service. Anywhere. Period.
The food was exactly what i was after. Fresh, clean, simple flavours designed to let the produce shine through.
Very enjoyable experience to which i would happily return

1  Thank jone5y

Reviewed November 23, 2013

So no problem with the quality of the food. Our table of 5 (my two kids, my Dad & my partner) all enjoyed our meals. The kitchen has its act together and the ingredients are fresh.

But bear with me - I booked for 6.30pm on a Sat night via the restaurant's answering machine. Got a call back saying "we can do 6pm to 7.30pm" - then another sitting, I assumed, and no problem with that.

I agreed that we would arrive at 6.00pm, as in fact we did. We had finished our entrees and mains plus close to two bottles of lovely Clare riesling and settled our bill at 7.23pm: $281 - not a cheap night out but so far I would have said ok value for money. At about 7.35pm my Dad still had about 1cm of wine left in his glass (my partner & I had finished ours). People were arriving for the next sitting but by no means was the place bulging at the seams.

A young waiter - under instruction from the management I have no doubt - presents himself at our table, interrupts and says "I need to ask you to leave!"

I happen not to be the shy retiring type but I must admit that at this moment I am simply lost for words. This has not happened to me before anywhere in Australia or overseas in my 50 years or so on this planet.

I feel sorry for the young waiter who knew no better.

I feel seriously angry at the ownership/management of this place for loading a bullet for some young kid to fire.

We will not be back.

3  Thank DickyKnees63
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Louca's is located in the busy Hutt Street cafe/ restaurant strip.

They have a small restaurant with a modern open decor. You can sit inside, or outside on a nice day.

The focus is on fish: they have a large refrigerated cabinet displaying the catch of the day.

The menu is simple and straightforward, and they have a blackboard with daily specials.

Service is cheerful and friendly.

The wine list is intelligently chosen.

The fish generally is prepared simply, with chips and salad. The driver is freshness and simplicity.

If you want to experience fish in Adelaide- at a reasonable price- Louca's is highly recommended.

Try the Jewels of the Sea at AUD 24!

Tip: make a reservation- particularly at dinner, it can be busy!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We went on a friday night and the place was just packed, its not huge, but full of locals.
The owners are Greek and there is a greek influence to the platters, with grilled, skewered prawns, Scallops etc.
The fish is super fresh, we had grilled King George whiting fillets and a greek salad, just superb!
We shared a Greek spoon Sweet [ a family special] it was delicious too.
Anyone who loves fresh seafood will love this place -- apparently the Louca family have a long Adelaide history.
Just go and make sure to book!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

A late request for a table for lunch on Melbourne Cup Day was quickly and easily accommodated. The food, choices, service, wine list, ambience and the 'welcome" by the owner and his staff was excellent. I had barramundi, which was superb. Every one that dined with me raved about their meals. A 6-hour lunch is a very strong indication on how well everything was enjoyed by us all. I am now looking forward to returning, and going through the menu and specials.

1  Thank Martin B