Hotel Richmond
    • Free Internet
    Mayfair Hotel(Adelaide)
    • Free Internet
    • Fitness center
    All reviewsrundle mallwedding venuefirst floorbalcony overlookingthe heart of the cityhuge bathroomgenerous sizestudio roomcar parkcontinental breakfastmini barcentral adelaidebed was comfortableconvenient locationthe air conditioningfantastic locationpublic transport
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed August 10, 2013

Great location.
    Very tired and dirty.
    Needs renovating or at least cleaning and fresh paint.
    Refused access to First bar because there was a function on. Told by Eddy the bar manager to [--]off somewhere else! The party had paid much more than we had to stay there for 2 nights!!!
    Spoilt a weekend that was to celebrate.

• Stayed: August 2013
    2  Thank Lizzywr1
    ResManagerHR, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Lizzywr1, Thank you for staying at the Hotel Richmond recently. We have read your recent comments on trip advisor and would like to respond accordingly. We are a small boutique and heritage hotel that is very conveniently located in the mall with a 4-star rating. Our new and repeated guests believe that we offer good value for money, our decor and overall cleanliness is to their satisfaction.

We occassionally hold private functions in our bar area and obviously when these are held we need to respect the privacy our these paying guests. We also have very strict laws in South Australia with regards to the serving of alcohol.

Because of our great location in the Rundle Mall we are surrounded by many bars, restaurants and the like in the mall and the ever popular Rundle Street pubs and cafes should we be holding a private function.

Best wishes, The Hotel Richmond

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Terrible terrible service, I have stayed here a couple of times and will never stay here again and never recommend this hotel to anyone. I celebrated my 49th birthday and 27th wedding anniversary with 2 nights at this hotel. We were refused entry to the advertised trendy bar Saturday night because...........it was a private party.......no wait we were too drunk.........no wait according to reception we are not drunk at all and we are allowed to go in..........wwit.......no we are too drunk (for god sake I am 50 next year).......no wait changed again its now private party AGAIN and no one else knew about it! FFS just give this place a miss, spend the extra $30 a night and go to somewhere worth staying where the staff WANT to look after you.

• Stayed: August 2013
    1  Thank PWR1964

Dear Paul W, Thank you for staying at the Hotel Richmond recently. We are sorry to read your review on trip advisor and your unhappiness with your recent stay with us. There was obviously some confusion with your request for entry to our bar area by perhaps both our team and yourselves also. We do at times hold private functions in this area and of course need to respect the privacy of the people hiring and paying for this area exclusively. We also have to be mindful of our licencing laws and the sale of alcohol to our guests. With these conditions in mind we have to act accordingly and unfortunately we were unable to let you gain access. We do however regret that you were inconvenienced as our main aim is always to please and hope that we satisfy our clients.

Kind Regards,

The Hotel Richmond

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed here on a weekend away with some mates in late May and it was great. The hotel is in a great central location. The rooms are huge and offer really good amenities and importantly are nice and clean. We were not bothered by the noise of the bar and I have to say it was ideal.

I came away with some mates, we each had our own room because the price was so good, but if I was travelling with my wife and young child I would stay here again. Cafe's nearby, shops right there and restaurants around. Honestly - great place to stay!

Room Tip: The breakfast didn't look great, but its not hard to find a cafe
    • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
    ResManagerHR, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear EddyCS, Thank you for staying at the Hotel Richmond recently and for providing us with outstanding feedback. We are extremely pleased that you were happy with all aspects of your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future!

Very Kind Regards,
    Shane

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I'm a frequent traveller to Adelaide, and admittedly enjoy trying new places either on the recommendation of tripadvisor, or from friends. With the hotel Richmond, I also got feedback from a mate of mine that lives around the corner that it was a cool place to hang out. I've had drinks on the terrace bar in the past, and agree that it is indeed a cool place with a great central location and good atmosphere. Something you don't always get with the big flashy hotels.

I am sorry to say that I was disappointed with the room stay, probably because I had every reason to expect a great visit. I decided to stay in a deluxe suite which I believe is the best type of room on the menu. It's a little smaller than I expected, but the decor seemed to suit the overall style of the place. I turned the heating on to be met with a disturbingly loud racket (which settled to a dull roar) and then walked into the tired looking marble bathroom to find one of the bath cabinet doors on the floor. Probably the most disturbing thing is when I walked into the toilet, it was clear that someone with pretty bad aim had been here before me, and it appeared that housekeeping hadn't cleaned the floor when turning the room over. I really wanted to like this place, so I ordered room service, only to be sent a medium/well done steak when medium rare was ordered... Also the noise from the mall/street is pretty loud so if you're a light sleeper, steer clear of room 51.

I've got to say though that every staff interaction has been extremely friendly and positive. I get the feeling that there's a great team running this place, but the maintenance may be a bit less focussed.

While I read back on my words, I tend to sound a bit "particular". I am definitely not, and have stayed in plenty of places much worse and much better than this. I guess my disappointment is in the anticipation of a good experience. Maybe it's like New Year's Eve syndrome with the built up expectation that can never be met? And Maybe not.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
    ResManagerHR, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Austroboi, Thank you very much for your recent comments on tripadvisor. We are very disappointed to hear of the problems you encountered while staying with us. We understand that you feel 'let down' after having such great recommendations about The Hotel Richmond. We are saddened that we failed to live up to your expectations and will certainly address your comments with the appropriate staff.

It is always appreciated that people give both negative and positive feedback for us to address any issues or pass on positive comments to our staff. We are very pleased that you felt our staff interaction was extremely friendly and positive. We do have a great team who pride themselves in assisting our guests.

We again apologise that you were inconvenienced. Perhaps you might try us again one day soon and find that our very centrally located hotel is 'still cool' and does still have 'atmosphere'. Very best wishes, Shane

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Haven't stayed here, but it has a really good vibe to it and as place for a drink after work on a Friday its hard to beat. The balcony looking over Rundle Mall is a great place to watch the world go by and offers a quieter place to chat if there's a band playing inside. The live music is generally really good, if a touch loud on occasions. Drinks are not unreasonably priced and bar staff are creative with the shakers when mixing the drinks. Its a bit of a 'place to be seen', but doesn't have an elitist feel to it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
    ResManagerHR, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Want2BATravelWriter, Thank you for staying at the Hotel recently. We are extremely pleased that you were happy with your overall stay and that you found the service provided as exceptional. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
    Kind Regards,