“Historic old building and first class customer service”

Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury
Ranked #2 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed for 1 night in a 1 bedroom apartment - I booked on line but needed more information and gave them a call. The person I spoke to (Wilbert) was extremely helpful and courteous. It was also Wilbert that greeted us at the front desk when we arrived and made us feel very welcome. It is lovely to know that this type of old world customer service still exists (Very well done Adina Adelaide).
Our room was very clean and comfortable with a seperate lounge area, well fitted and clean kitchen and dining area, seperate bedroom and large bathroom with bath and shower (in the bathroom there was a cupboard housing a washing machine and dryer).
The whole hotel is steeped in history and the rooms are charming with very high ceilings, sash windows and huge skirting boards.
There is a large courtyard in the middle of the hotel where you can sit and have a drink from the bar in the evening/afternoon or where you can have a quiet breakfast and soak up the ambience. In the centre of the courtyard there is an old fountain and pond, lots of trees and greenery and several benches and it is a nice spot just to sit and relax.
We were given a complimentary voucher for breakfast in the garden restaurant - The breakfast was superb (lots of bacon, eggs, tomatoes and toast, orange juice and coffee made just how you like it!).
The Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury is without a doubt a wonderful place to stay while you are in Adelaide - Close to everything (Adelaide Market, The tram, Rundle Mall) but a quiet and refined place to relax and recharge.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ben S, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Dawn B,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, I thoroughlly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Wilbert was thrilled to see your comments. It is our goal at Adina, to always exceed our guests expectations and I am thrilled to say I think we have succeeded in your instance.

I along with the entire Adina team thank you again for your lovely feedback and really look forward to welcoming you back to Adina sometime soon.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,136)

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Treasury for a 2 night stay with my 18 month old son. Very comfortable room; great restaurant & great service. Very little to say because everything was spot on. Will definitely bring my extended family back here next time I need to travel to Australia. PS: the restaurant is outstanding and does room service.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Mallyboy,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback, I am so pleased you had a comfortable and pleasant stay. I along with the Adina team really look forward to welcoming you and your family on your next trip to Adelaide which we hope will be soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Have stayed here on a number of occasions. I like it as it is close to city and restaurants. Rooms are of a decent size and beds comfortable. Breakfast is standard al la carte.

Would continue to stay here whenever I go to Adelaide.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank honkin243

Dear Honkin243,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, I am so pleased that you enjoy your stays with us in our wonderful Treasury Building. I and the entire Adina Team really look forward to welcoming you back to Adelaide on your next visit.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at the Adina Treasury Hotel in Adelaide for 3 nights in a two bedroom unit, the unit was very spacious with everything we needed, breakfast was at the Dining room which was average only ate there on the Sunday morning and one girl was very friendly the other didn't want to be there, overall our stay was enjoyable.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Ben S, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear jacktripper12,

Thank you so much for providing us with feedback from your recent stay.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your spacious Two Bedroom Premier Grand Apartment.

I am sorry that you did not have a great experience at breakfast, I shall follow up with the Restaurant manager.

I hope to welcome you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury when you return to Adelaide.

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Adina Apartments are located in an old Treasury Building with a beautiful patio. There is an antique fountain in the middle of the patio and on Friday night live jazz music. You can grab a drink or a bite from the bar inside Adina. Rooms are modern, big and clean and the building is located walking distance from the city center. Affordable parking option is provided by the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear JoannaInAsia,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback.

The entire Adina team and I are absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and really looking forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Adelaide.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We travelled to Adelaide in March 2013 to see a wonderful concert by the one and only Carol King and some wonderful fringe festival shows.
This hotel is centrally located, in easy walking distance of the Adelaide Festival theater and Rundle Mall. Walking distance of the "Garden of unearthly delights' fringe festivals shows.
The apartment is roomy and lovely, large bedroom with separate lounge room, dinning room, full kitchen and washer and dryer in the large bathroom. This stay we even had a little courtyard to sit in. So if you wish you can cook your own meals and eat them in your apartment or your courtyard.

The hotel is placed around a lovely courtyard with a fountain. Their is a cafe/restaurant and a bar also opening onto the courtyard, where you can have a wine, a coffee or breakfast etc in the beautiful surroundings.

Excellent helpful staff, very clean, comfortable and well equipped apartments.
We have stayed here before and will again, I can highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JenniferC4

Dear JenniferC4,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. March is such a great time of year in Adelaide and I am pleased that you managed to enjoy the Garden of Unearthly Delights, only a ten minute stroll from the Hotel.

Its great to hear you enjoyed our courtyard. Did you know the Beatles famously rushed into the courtyard in the late 60's to escape all their screaming fans.

Thanks again for your wonderful feedback and hopefully see you for Fringe next year, if not before.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

A party of eight of us stayed at the Adina in 3 apartments during February 2013 for two nights before heading off to do the Murray River house boating experience.
The apartment myself & daughter were allocated was not ready on our arrival, we weren’t informed of this at check in & walked in on the housekeeper still in the process of cleaning from the previous occupants, so it wasn't a great start.
The apartment was huge, clean & comfortable it had a large lounge/dining area & a perfectly adequate kitchenette. Our apartment had a connecting door to our friends who were staying next door. Our living room overlooked a little church with the most beautiful stained glass windows.
A minor but irritating issue was the endless problems with the swipe room entry cards. We had to have them re-issued at least 4 times during our two night stay.
The building itself is beautiful & the court yard area really relaxing. Our friend told us the breakfast/brunch was really nice but unfortunately when we went for brunch on Sunday morning at 11 am we were told the area was closed & there would be no further food or beverage service until Monday morning!! (I got the impression this part of the building is independent from the hotel). We later discovered quite a few restaurants do close on Sunday.
The location is great, very convenient to the market (which is fabulous), main retails areas and places to eat. Most areas are within a 10 – 15 minute walk. However don’t forget the sunscreen it was a sweltering 38 -40 degrees most days we were in Adelaide. There are two tram stops very close by which are free to use locally, you simply hop on & off as you wish. If you are going as far as the beach area by tram (well worth a visit) there is a small charge.
All in all it was a pleasant comfortable stay, although I thought a little expensive compare to New Zealand hotel prices and with the poor exchange rate this was to be expected.
Would I return - yes why not.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lesley094

Dear Lesley094,

Thank you so much for your feedback, I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review, it is through feedback from our guests that we can trully focus on key areas and ensure we are continually progressing and exceeding our guests expectations which is my personal goal at Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury, a mantra which I consitently pass on to the team here.

I am pleased to inform you that we have recently upgraded our key card system and it has had very positive results.

I am pleased to see that you will come back to us and I, along with the rest of the Adina team look forward to welcoming you back soon.