“Adelaide Holiday”

Mercure Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #41 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We found the Mercure Grosvenor a bit tired, and didn't meet expectations. Locality is excellent right in the city and an easy walk to most places. Service could be better and more onto it. We would not stay again. It was clean and would be could if you just wanted a quick stop.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
MercureHotelGM, General Manager at Mercure Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Good Afternoon Swimming999

Thank you for your post on TA.

I'm sorry that your stay didn't meet your expectations. You are correct we have a a great location and typically guests enjoy the service that we offer. I would like to understand exactly what part of the service experience you felt could be better - if you'd like to contact me on 08 8407 8801 or drop me an email on gm1@mercuregrosvenorhotel.com.au I'd be pleased to take your feedback.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Awful never coming back. Horrible customer service and did not get what we paid for. This is NOT 4 stars. Please do not waste your money or holiday. Awful never coming back Awful never coming back
Holiday ruined

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Rachelle K

Thanks for your post on TA.

Clearly you are distressed and disappointed by your stay. I am sorry that your experience was so disappointing.

I would like to understand a little more about your experience - I am contactable on 08 8407 8888 or gm1@mercuregrosvenorhotel.com.au if you'd like to contact me.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Great location opposite the Convention Centre if that is where you are going. We were in the economy rooms at the back - and I mean all the way down the back, felt a bit like a rabbit warren until you knew where you were going. There are stairs at the back off the hallway and you need to get your case through these before finding your room. Found the lifts to be rather slow and didn't find any other optional routes, i.e. stairs. The rooms were clean, and surprisingly I found the bed fine and had a great nights sleep. There was no welcome book with directions on how to operate TV, nearby eateries etc which I found odd. The size of the room is small to say the least, am glad I was by myself, being a couple in the room would be cosy!! The bathroom is the tightest I can recall. Staff were friendly and accommodating, we arrived and left at peak times and we received rather prompt service.
Staff were already cleaning rooms early when we left at 9am - with their trolleys in the passageway this can make it difficult to get pass if you have large luggage as the hall way is not terribly wide.
Overall it served the purpose, if you only need a place to sleep the budget room is fine, anything above that I would probably move up a level.

Room Tip: If you need space, or need to stay on one level and avoid stairs, don't choose a budget room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Local913

Dear Local913

Thank you for your post on TA.

I appreciate the time taken and detail provided rather than some other 'ranting' style posts we receive.

I can see that you've stayed in one of our budget/economy rooms. These are a three star option which represent great value for money - everything you need and nothing you don't.
I note your feedback in relation to a 'welcome book' and will review this internally. Our cleaners do start around the time you note, with a check in time of 2pm they need to get started, sorry you were inconvenienced by their trolleys.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I recently spent a couple of nights for a business trip and I’ll try go to elsewhere the next time I visit Adelaide. The hotel is well located and while it shows signs of its age, the rate was very good. The standard room was relatively small but that wasn't a problem. However, the noisy duct air-conditioning blowed directly towards the bed and only the airflow could be controlled - I eventually turned it out completely. Combined with the extremely hard mattress and noisy street below, I ended up not having much sleep on these 2 nights.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear YPP40

Thanks for your post on TA.

I am sorry that you had a disturbed nights sleep, for this I apologize.

If you wouldn't mind forwarding me your room number to gm1@mercuregrosvenorhotel.com.au I'd like to check both the mattress and the AC unit.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

If you have the budget avoid the economy rooms which are just awful. incredibly small, lacking sound proofing and a thin door seperating your pillow from the toilet obe Metre away.

But seriously $12.50/hr for Internet? The lack of free wifi and the beige decor put this hotel back in the 70s.

on the plus side location is good and that bathroom next to your bed looks new.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Liz B

Thank you for your post on TA. Our budget rooms are a product for a price and offer great value.

Accor Hotels Australia (like most hotel chains in Australia) are reviewing ways that we can improve our internet offer to our guests. We currently offer free internet to Le Club members of Silver status and above to recognise consumer loyalty.

Moving forward we will continue to review our offering and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We got a budget room. It was clean and modern, comfy bed. The bathroom could be a little embarrasing due to a sliding glass door with a gap but it didn't bother us. No view but we did not expect that for the price we paid. There was a strange smell in the room, almost as though someone had been smoking a banned substance if you know what I mean. However we got used to the smell and only spent a few hours there overnight anyway. Would stay there again. Great location if you need to go to the Casion or Covention Centre.

Room Tip: If you want a room that is not tiny spend a bit more.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Chezryl

Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and would come back! I follow your meaning in relation to the banned substance - this isn't typical of our hotel and we certainly don't knowingly tolerate this sort of behaviour.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.