Chifley on South Terrace
Miller Apartments Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$117
$82
  • Fitness center
Peppers Waymouth Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$106
$102
Hilton Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$105
$102
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Adabco Boutique Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$59
Pullman Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$77
$68
  • Restaurant
Majestic Roof Garden Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$100
$101
$76
  • Room Service
1,422 results
All reviewsfree tramcontinental breakfastbit datedacross the roadroom was largegood sizeconvenient locationwould stay againeasy accesspleasant staycar parkingshort staytram stoprundle mallcity
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights.Could do with a update.Seems very outdated now a days,the lift makes so much noise to those in a room near there.Room was ok,clean I must say,but nil to write home about.Handy to city tram was a good thing,and also having other meal places near by was great!!!!!I would not rave over the meals there,food was just average.Never saw the staff really so no comment on them.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
ADLOPS, Guest Relations Manager at Chifley on South Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2010

Dear awelltraveller,
Thankyou for taking the time to review your recent stay at Chifley on South Terrace. We value all feedback and I will be sure to pass on your comments.

I am pleased to report that we will be undertaking an upgrade to our Guest rooms and public areas in the near future. We have already completed replacing of curtains and LCD TV's in all rooms and will soon be progressing with painting, lamp shades, artwork and carpet replacement.

Additionally, we are looking at upgrading the lobby and restaurant areas.

I look forward to welcoming yuo back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2010

I had to come to Adelaide at the last minute and ended up booking a 4-star mystery hotel on a website. For the price I paid, I guess it was decent value but I wouldn't rate it as a 4-star hotel.
It is a bit out of the way from Central Market and East End. I wasn't sure if there were any restaurants nearby but was surprised to find a few different types of cuisine (ie. pizza/pasta, pub meal, Vietnamese, Indian, Greek) within a hundred meters of the hotel so you're not stuck with having to dine at the hotel restaurant.
The decor in and outside the rooms is fairy dated and could benefit from a makeover. The bed was a little on the soft side and the shower was either scolding hot or freezing cold. If you had to stay overnight, I'd say this hotel is acceptable but anything longer might be a bit pushing your comfort factor.
Apparently the Grand Chifley on South Terrace that is 20m next door has had a facelift recently and may be in a better shape.
Despite their relative inconvenience in terms of location, it took me 10-12 mins the next morning to walk to Central Market so it's not that bad. Adelaide is nice in that way. :)

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Philippe V

Dear 7DC

Thankyou for reviewing your recent stay at Chifley on South Terrace. We value all feedback and I will pass your comments onto our team.

I am pleased to advise that we have embarked on a refurbishment programme at the hotel, with installation of new curtains and LCD TV's already completed. We will soon be progressing with painting, lamp shades, artwork and carpet replacements throughout all guest rooms and public areas. We have also undertaken an inventory of our bedding stock and replacements will also be undertaken in this area.

We are indeed fortunate to be overlooking the tranquil and picturesque South Parklands and have a variety of restaurants, cafe's and pubs nearby. Additionally the free city tram is approximately a 3 minute walk away from our front door - handy for travelling to Adelaide's major dining precinct and the Central Market, Gouger Street (12-15 minute walk).

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel should you choose to stay with us in future.

Reviewed May 19, 2010

A friend and myself stayed at this great hotel, we are two ladies in our late sixties and we could not fault anything, the staff were so helpful to us, I have a disability and could not fault the help that was offered to me, we found the meals Breakfast and Dinner more than adequate, the location was perfect for us, close to the airport and public transport was close by. I'd recommend it to anyone and I know if ever I am in Adelaide it would be the first place I'd book into.
Kind Regards, Lynne

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank tamarikis6969

Dear Tamarikis6969

Thankyou for your review on your recent stay at Chifley on South Terrace, Adelaide. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your lovely comments to all our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel next time you visit.

Reviewed April 13, 2010

Although the hotel is nice and offers a gorgeous pool area, it is quite a distance from the "downtown" activities and the majority of the city's restaurants (there is a free tram, however). The rooms are large and the amenities provided were of good quality. Breakfast was very good, served buffet style.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed January 31, 2010

We went to Adelaide for the Tour Down Under and stayed at th Chifley on South Terrace as it's a convenient location and quite close to the city.

The place was pretty busy as the cycling event is probably one of the biggest in Asia-Pacific, so book in advance is important.

The rooms were quite large and comfy but nothing out of the ordinary. The restaurant is OK and the food is good value. The pub downstairs gets quite some people at happy hour and it's next to the pool (although you can't drink within the pool limits).

The confusing part is that there's another hotel next to it also called Chifley, so you might want to check before you book which one are you getting into.

Unfortunately no free internet access.

Overall, it's an OK value for money and not too bad.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple