“Excellent budget accommodation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 58 Hotels in Adelaide
Salisbury
“Excellent budget accommodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Have to say was pleasantly surprised! I was expecting a lot less due to the price for one night...it was really cheap for inner city accommodation. The room was spacious, clean and tidy, service was good and it was really close to some great restaurants. All in all great value for money!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank MishonMe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

I expected a good standard of accommodation and presentation, given the good TripAdvisor ranking and favourable comments from other travellers. I was very disappointed.

I booked on their web site and paid good money for what I thought would be a nice room. When I arrived I realised that maybe it was not quite what it was advertised to be, the lobby was tired, shabby and the smell from the restaurant below the motel was very noticeable.

The first room they gave me seemed nice enough although hardly "boutique" in quality. The biggest problem though was the noise from the extractor fans for the restaurant which seemed to exhaust on the roof just outside the room - it was like living next to an airport, the whole place vibrated! I discussed this with the fellow at the front desk and he agreed that it was a problem with some of the rooms.

He moved me to a room at the front of the hotel. This did not vibrate but was small, the furniture and fittings were really quite shabby, the TV did not work (fixed after I complained), the safety lock on the door was broken, the AC did not work, the fridge smelt of old food. There was also a rather strong cooking smell from the adjoining restaurant. I got the clear impression that this was not the best room in the house.

I was there for two nights and, honestly, was glad to leave. Maybe I was just unlucky in the room(s) I was given but also I think the general standard and presentation was not very good.

It does show how misleading a ranking in TripAdvisor can be. This hotel was well up in the list of Adelaide hotels, ahead of others that I know to be better - obviously not an accurate indication.

My advice would be - if you can get a cheap rate and don't mind a bit of squalor, fine! If you really do want something nice at a fair price - don't go near it!

Room Tip: Check out the room before you pay!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank RocketRobin

Travelers are raving about these Adelaide hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

It's not the sort of place I would normally stay - having said that - what did I expect for $88 per night? Here's the deal - linen and bedding are clean and crisp. The room smelt good. The window opened to allow fresh air. The staff are friendly. There is a small car park behind the motel. The bed was supportive and firm. Pillows were reasonably voluminous and comfortable. Complimentary towels and guest amenities were provided on arrival. All in all - if you want something affordable and clean - look no further.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Yellowknife70
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

Stayed here because everything else in town was booked due to a Justin Bieber concert. This caused all the hotels in town to raise prices significantly, and ultimately we paid more per night to stay here than we did for a nice hotel in Sydney a few days later. If you don't mind taking a few cabs or walking, and are ok with not having a nice on-site restaurant, then this place should work for you.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

I found this motel very clean and tidy. It's in a great location, it was easy to get to all the places we wanted to go. The receptionist was very friendly and helped us out with finding fun things to do and places to see in and around adelaide. The room was perfect for what we needed as it had all the essentials and was very comfortable and clean. I would definitely stay there again, it was definitely worth the money.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank aeroplane12
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

We stayed there for a week and during our stay we found the management and staff very helpful, they helped us with finding all the have to see places in Adelaide, which I must say is quite a few. I loved the good old fashion service and yes with a smile, We felt like we were not just a customer but a guest. Our room was very clean and of a high standard, the bed was extremely comfortable which is important to us for a great nights sleep. We had a daily service on our room which meant that it was cleaned up each day, not that we are messy but we got clean towels more soap, tea, coffee put into the room and our beds were made for us so we didnt have to do anything when we got back each day after sightseeing Adelaide. I would definately recommend staying there and I will definately be returning as it was great value for our money too. It was a hassle free stay. Many Thanks to the Management and Staff of this Motel. Thanks Guys.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank caroldavid01
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed there for 2 nights and my stay was very comfortable and basically nice. Though, the receptionist is not sometime available but whenever he is he give his best at what thrown at him. The laundry there is free and only ask you to donate whatever you can for charity. Though it's free, the dry is kinda not cleaned well. Anyways, the room I move to was good, provided a lot of essential and also free milk from the reception. The was comfortable and nice to sleep in. The only thing that put a little stress on me was that, I am not able to lock the door, it's like an automatic door lock and I am not comfortable with that system. I never had any parking problems. The hotel itself is located in an old building, and the lightings and the painting on the walls gives it a real good cozy feelings. But overall I love my stay there and maybe not my first selection of hotel but definitely the second. It also has a close location to the city!

Room Tip: Probably ask for corner rooms. I stayed in a corner room and it was fantastic, though it might need...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo