3,049 results
All reviewsla bocajunior spa suiteparliament houserooftop poolnorth terracebuffet breakfastfestival centreroom servicerundle mallvalet parkingacross the roadbit datedrailway stationart gallerystandard roombusiness triparound the corner
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I found the Reception staff very welcoming and friendly, and my room was very comfortable, all facilities were clean. The Hotel is in the centre of the city so handy for visitors who don,t know their way around.
The only comment I could make in the negative is that the paint on the walls is flaking off which does detract from the overall appearance and I would agree that it is no longer 5* due to this.
As a personal preference I really don,t understand why hotels have a shower over a bath, I find it dangerous and am not elderly, it would be very easy to slip over and the last thing I would want is to summon help in my Birthday Suit! A shower recess is much more user friendly.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2009

A simple 2 night business trip. Pleasant enough appearance on checking in late on Monday night. Was offered a choice of Newspaper the next morning. Asked about ordering breakfast in room and told 'the restaurant opened at 6AM'. Had to ask again and the staff member had to check if in room breakfast was possible. On entering the room there was no breakfast order form and had to call for one to be delivered.

The room was 'tired'. Old TV and fixtures and fittings generally in need of an update. The iron was 'waterless' and there was a spray bottle (!) to assist in ironing. The fridge could not be opened easily as it jammed against the cupboard door.

Breakfast arrived at 7.20AM having specified 7.00AM to 7.30AM. The bacon and eggs were cold, the coffee was bad, and if the orange juice was 'freshly squeezed' as promised on the menu then I am Elvis Presley. The 'toast' was not toasted and it was only the next morning after deciding to go out for breakfast that I found a toaster hidden in a cupboard. The requested Newapaper did not arrive and a call to request it was received as an 'inconvenience'. (No Newspaper was forthcoming on the second morning either.) I completed the Feedback Form provided complaining and did not even receive a phone call acknowledging the complaint.

The in-room Interent at $24 per day (!) did not work properly. I could not access emails or most internet pages usually needed for work.

Generally the Staff seemed disinterested and not very polite or courteous. Very few smiles or 'Thank Yous' during the stay. On checking out the Staff Member did not even ask 'how was your stay' however probably fortunate for them that they did not ask. Hence this review instead. Plenty of other Hotels to choose from next time. Lift your game Stamford Plaza.

3  Thank Mountain-Biker-44
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Look - it's resonable but not at all what I expected when I booked 5 star accommodation. I stayed at its cousin (Stamford Grand in Glenelg Adelaide) earlier this month and while this place too is a little jaded, it was much more impressive than this place.

Air conditioning is very noisy - asked for a move from first room allocated.

Staff pleasant enough.

The nearby Art Gallery of South Australia is very impressive. Great collection of Rodin sculptures.

4  Thank Clearair21
Reviewed April 15, 2009

The Stamford Plaza on Adelaide's North Terrace bills itself as a 5 star hotel, which is certainly a stretch - - it's more like a 3 star Holiday Inn. The rooms are large enough and the location is great, but the decor in the room is abysmal - varying shades of brown, grey, ,and beige, none of which seem to match. The bathroom was the worst, though. The grout in the shower was filthy and covered in mold and mildew. We also had a problem getting our newspaper delivered for the first 2 days, despite calls and a visit to the front desk. (It was finally delivered on the 3rd day.) Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel, especially given the prices it charges.

2  Thank bustraveler90
Reviewed April 14, 2009

Actually I didn't really stay in the hotel that night. The original story is , I have booked the hotel room for three nights through Stamford Hotel official website( 2nights in deluxe view and 1 nights in spa juite). On the day I arrived in Adl, we found that we would like to stay in another hotel, so I rang up and cancel the bookings. I knew that I need to pay for the first night, but it is fine. So I gave them my first name, last name and the confirmation number. They cannnot match the confirmation number with any bookings, so they try my last name. They got someone with the same last name with me, and they said in a very very rude manner claiming that the reservation was not through them, so I need to contact the agent. I have told them I did do it through their website. And she said that the only bookings found which match my last name is the one who booked through agent. They are so rude......and I asked what room is that booking....she said the booking is for 2 nights. So it definitely not me. But it seems that she didn't want to help me to solve the problem , she keep on saying that's the only booking. Finally the fact is my booking didn't come out to their system yet.
It is a 5 stars hotel, how can be the reservation team be so rude to the customer, I feel that I am so lucky that I didn't stay in that hotel with them, and I will not choose Stamford anymore.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple