“Very happy, exceptional service for acomodation & private venue”

Stamford Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #12 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Sydney, Australia
“Very happy, exceptional service for acomodation & private venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

I recently stayed in a room at the Stamford for our wedding anniversary & had a private function in the Crystal room. The accommodation was great value, having booked online a month in advance. The staff were excellent, professional, friendly & efficient. The accommodation was well fitted out, clean, serviceable etc. The private function, “Crystal room”, is absolutely beautiful! Very romantic, elegant & classy. The Rickshaw restaurant staff provided excellent food and personalised service over & above what is considered normal. We were exceptionally pleased with all aspects of our Stamford stay & cannot recommend the Stamford & staff highly enough. We really appreciate, value & encourage this level of service. Thank you.

Room Tip: Book online one month in advance to get great value rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donald D
Carl F, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Donald D

Thank you for the fabulous review and the opportunity we had make your experience here at Stamford a memorable one. The Crystal room is simply the best function room for any event in Adelaide. With its decor and view over parliament it simply is stunning.

I also appreciate your comments regarding the team here and the service standards....thank you.

I wish you all the best in 2014 and we hope to welcome you back.

regards

Carl Forrest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

With its central location and comfortable rooms this hotel will suit the business traveller visiting Adelaide. Service is efficient and bathrooms are clean. Unfortunately Saturday night means noisy partygoers on all floors ... Showers late at night and the thin walls between rooms means that nothing is private! Perhaps week nights are less noisy ? I won't be staying there again on a weekend ...

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RubaSkala
Dear RubaSkala

Thank you for your review and i would like to apologise for the noise you encountered during your stay. You will be pleased to know that we have closed the Swish Club venue where the noise was coming from and this is being morphed into an Argentinean grill.
We have 335 rooms and I can guarantee you a room which will be more than suitable for you needs and a quiet sleep.....even during the silly work party season!!!!

Wishing you all the best in 2014.

regards

Charleston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

I booked a upgraded room, premier room for 1 night. Received confirmation and welcome letter a day ahead which was good. We arrived and checked in, unfortunate for us we were put on floor 19 under the pool renovations which included constant jack hammers and banging above our heads. I rang down to reception and asked what was going on they said it was renovations and should be finishing soon for the day. I asked what time they would be starting in the morning and was informed at 11am well after checkout.
During our stay a luggage person(?) was rude to my friend and I in a lift, the same young man pushed in front of my husband and I to get in a lift when we arrived. Very poor.
We awoke to jack hammers at 9am, our paper that we ordered was the incorrect paper so we decided to not worry about breakfast and just checkout. We had discussed staying an extra night but due to the situation there was no way we would stay. Very very disappointed that the hotel would not inform guests that there were renovations and even at checkin not mention anything and happily place guests who are paying a higher rate for a premier room under a noisy renovation. I think it shows very poor customer service. All the front desk said in the morning was 'oh sorry it won't happen again' not really any compensation for a ruined overnight 'special evening' in our hometown. To date I have had no contact from the hotel, I completed a post stay survey they send to guests.
Stay away from floor 19!

Room Tip: Renovations December 2013 on floor 20 (the pool) very noisy, disturbing floor 19
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank liwsholidays
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear liwsholidays,
Firstly please accept my apologies for the belated reply to your comments!
I am very disappointed to read your comments and can assure you that we have addressed the issues you mentioned!
Please accept my sincere apologies for the unacceptable experience you encountered.
The works on the pool and spa has since been completed and these facilities have been greatly used during the recent heatwave.
Should you come to Adelaide again, I would be delighted if you would contact me direct, so I may oversee your booking arrangements in person.
Kind regards,
Karl Unterfrauner
Like us on Facebook l Follow us on Twitter
Cranbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Just very happy and helpful staff makes it more enjoyable to stay at this hotel. The cleanliness and location are just an added bonus. Breakfast was he only meal I had on this trip but the selection was wide and the fruit selection was all super fresh.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ron M
Carl F, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Ron M

Thank you for the great review you have given singling out our staff and breakfast as highlights on your trip.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the New Year.

Merry Xmas

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

This is my second visit to the Stamford, which given the nice renovations that have been done to the hotel, should have been much more pleasant that I encountered.
Reception were kind enough to let me check in early in the morning before heading off to work, the renovations to the 19th floor room where I was staying are a welcome update have brought the hotel up to it's 4 star class. Decor is modern, room is equipped with all the conveniences that you would expect (except real milk).
My problems came in the middle of the night where there was a drilling noise moving around above me which started at 4am! The night receptionist dismissed that there could be pool renovations going on at that time of night, although the pool is closed for renovations.
I finally got some sleep at 6am, and on check out later on played the recording of the middle of the night noise to a bemused receptionist who assured me it was not the renovations, and perhaps the building next door, although that building is shorter.
Regardless of where the noise came from, sleep quality is paramount in a hotel when your travelling for work, if a hotel cannot provide this, I won't be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank dasberliner
Dear dasberliner

I am glad we accomodated all your request ion checkin. Please accept my apologies for the noise you heard during your stay in the middle of the night. We are doing some works too our pool but we have strict noise protocols and restrictions which are confined to hours of 10am and 4pm.
dasberliner if you could please email me the room you stayed in and I will further investigate.....we really care about our guests so I want to ensure we can do a thorugh investigation as to the source of the noise.

Wishing you and your family a safe and merry Xmas

Regards

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I recently stayed 1 night with a friend and it was absolutely brilliant. We had a refurbished room with twin beds, and had a great view. After our night out we returned around 1am and ordered room service, which came promptly, and was delicious. We had an amazing breakfast the next morning, the pancakes were to die for. The best feature of the hotel is absolutely the staff. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they were so friendly. The concierge staff went above and beyond, they are a true asset to the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bjgirl74
Dear BJgirl74

What a great review and thank you very much for recognising the efforts my team made to ensure you had a great stay with us.

Wishig you and your family a very Merry Xmas.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

the business package is excellent value , for any stay ... make sure to order an omelette for breakfast , as good as any you'll have .. !
I had a wonderful & extensive corner room , far more than I expected
Tim

Room Tip: go for a corner if you can
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Carl F, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Tim J

Thank you for the great review on the hotel. Thje business package repsresents great value with all the inclusions you need to assist you during your stay. We all like to have our shirts professional pressed so we can look smart for those important meetings.

Tim J....once again thank you for the review and you know where to come for your omlettes in Adelaide!

Warm regards