“Location good for work, but facilities need to improve”

Stamford Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed here for one for a business trip.
The hotel is a quick 5 minute walk to where I was working which was very convenient.
A colleague also booked at the same hotel 8 weeks after I made my booking and he received a rate $40 cheaper than me and I also received a buffet breakfast and free wi fi. I paid $195 and got nothing.....when I questioned this at reception the staff shrugged their shoulders and Saudi if was out if their control.

Room service breakfast was ok.

Room itself is dated and due for a refurb.

Not many good eating places around this hotel either.

Would I stay again? Not sure... Might look for somewhere nicer......

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Carl F, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear harrir10

Thank you for your review and I am glad we are very handy with our location for your offices.
Regarding your rate....from time to time we do run ad hoc specials that have restrictions such as full pre-payment....these have different terms and conditions attached which don't have the same flexibility.
We have completed 200 rooms in the hotel as part of our refurbishment plan and have some suites to go.
To assist with your choice of restaurants we are creating an authentic Argentinean grill which will be the place to dine when it comes on line in February.

harrir10 drop me a line on carlforrest@spa.stamford.com.au when you are next due to visit Adelaide.

warm regards

Executive Asisstant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,695)

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Fantastic location, bus stop, tram, and taxis opposite hotel, mall around the corner. Beautiful hotel, very well presented, all staff well trained, and helpful. Beautiful rooms, very comfortable. I cannot wait to go back to this hotel with my family! I didn't have any food at the hotel as it was quite expensive. Plenty of restaurants, coffee shops, pubs, and fast food near by. Travelling by myself I felt very safe during my stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, comfortable, and I felt safe.

Dear Simone007_12

Thanks you for your fabulous review. You really can't beat the headline "Best Hotel" that you gave.
We and the Stamford team really appreicate it.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Early this month (5th & 6th November 2013); I stayed at the Stamford Plaza Adelaide; and found the staff very friendly; warm and caring. On arrival; I was greeted with a "Kia ora" from one of the staff members who was from my homeland; which was a nice treat; and then was promptly shown to my room. The room was clean, tidy and very spacious. (I was a housekeeper in my former life so am aware of how hotel/motel rooms are re: cleanliness). I was able to utilise the gym facilities; and the swimming pool; spa and sauna, which was an added bonus. The location of the hotel was ideal and allowed me to work around Adelaide city; and to the venue (Uni of Adelaide) where the conference was. Breakfast was a feast for champions; and again great customer service from all staff members. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone, and will stay there when I return for a holiday.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Carl F, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Maatakiri

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Wai our Concierge takes a lot of inittiative to ensure our guests have a great stay.... alittle greeting from the "Homeland" is always nice.

Thank you for highlighting the great facilities and location of the hotel and excelling in our cleanliness standards!!!!!

We look forward to welcoming you back with a warm "Kia Ora"

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a short trip to Adelaide. I arrived early and the room was ready which was great. The location is very handy and is a short walk to casino, shops, museums and art galleries, as well as the river and park areas. I thought the room was good value and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was a bit drab but all was clean. The curtains were great and I had no interruptions during the night. I had room service dinner and breakfast which were highly satisfactory. I would definitely stay there again if I had a similar price (was about $220 on a Sunday night and this included breakfast and parking).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Carl F, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear meganTGeelong

Thank you for the great review and glad you enjoyed the sights and sounds of Adelaide.......the blackout curtains are the best I have seen i a hotel....we often get guests sleeping in!

Megan wishing you all the best in 2014.

Regards

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I needed a weekend getaway and so my partner and I once again packed into our car and stayed for the night at the Stamford Plaza. This time, instead of booking directly through the hotel we took advantage of a mystery deal at Wotif.com.

Given the price we paid, I had expected a room on one of the lower floors with a view of the car park. What a lovely surprise to find that we had a park view room on one of the upper floors, and the view was magnificent, especially at night!

This time we had not booked breakfast, unlike our previous stays, so I had a browse through the in-room dining menu to see if we could have the pleasure of breakfast in bed. There were many good options but I felt they were rather overpriced and so we chose to eat out in nearby Hindley Street instead.

Good to see the tacky notices had been removed, too, with the result that the room was just that tiny bit more classy.

Lastly, the courtesy and friendliness exhibited by reception (both on checking in and out, as well as when we'd called down to ask if we could have a late check out) and the perfect timing of the valet service helped to make our stay extra enjoyable. We were actually sad to leave.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Carl F, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear ladia 2287

We really appreciate the review and highlighting the great service you received. We all know how important it is to escape on a night out to have all the details taken care of.

The views overlooking the Oval and Government house are stunning during the day and night and we are pleased you enjoyed our refurbished rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next excape to the city!!!!

warm regards

Reviewed November 15, 2013

The Stamford has recently had a renovation and the décor is very pleasing. This, sadly is the only compliment I have for this hotel, the valet parking was $40, there's no accessible power points anywhere convenient, you have to unplug a device to use an electricity source or there is 2 available at an awkward angle on the desk. The bathrooms have not been renovated, they are suffice but mismatched. The movies were unavailable for no reason and the 'in room dining' took an excessive amount of time to arrive, a breakfast order took 2 hours to arrive and there was no offer of compensation and the order was incorrect.
The staff wasn't particularly friendly or helpful at any stage and although meeting the basic standard for service, in no way go above or beyond.
I would not stay here again.

1  Thank Mary C

Dear Mary W

Thank you for your review and pleased you enjoyed the new rooms.

I do want to apologise for the delay in your breakfast which is simply unnacceptable and simple service skills were below the standards we pride oursleves and receive great comments on.

Mary if you are visiting Adelaide again can you please contact me carlforrest@spa.stamford.com.au as I woul appreciate the opportunity to make amends.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed at the Stamford as part of our honeymoon through South Australia.
All aspects of our stay were brilliant.
Our check in was seam less and easy.
We were given a large,very clean, well appointed room on the top floor.
The bed side floor lights and bathroom lights that are motion sensors and come on when you need that late night toilet run are a brilliant idea.
The staff at the hotel are very friendly, informative and polite.
Thank you for a great stay and I will be back and will most definitely recommend the Stamford to everyone.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Shrek73

A great 5 star review and I am so pleased we contributed to your honeymoon!!!!! South Australia is a great place to visit and we are very spoilt with activities for all ages and tastes.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Adelaide!!

Regards