Stamford Plaza Adelaide
    • Room Service
    Great 4.5/5
    • Pool
    • Restaurant
    Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide(Adelaide)
    Very Good 4/5
    • Pool
    Plaza Hotel(Adelaide)
    2,761 results
    All reviewsla bocajunior spa suitegreat locationparliament housepark viewrooftop poolnorth terracebuffet breakfastfestival centreroom servicevalet parkingrundle mallacross the roadrailway stationbusiness tripstandard roomart gallery
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a short trip to Adelaide. I arrived early and the room was ready which was great. The location is very handy and is a short walk to casino, shops, museums and art galleries, as well as the river and park areas. I thought the room was good value and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was a bit drab but all was clean. The curtains were great and I had no interruptions during the night. I had room service dinner and breakfast which were highly satisfactory. I would definitely stay there again if I had a similar price (was about $220 on a Sunday night and this included breakfast and parking).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
    Carl F, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear meganTGeelong

Thank you for the great review and glad you enjoyed the sights and sounds of Adelaide.......the blackout curtains are the best I have seen i a hotel....we often get guests sleeping in!

Megan wishing you all the best in 2014.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I needed a weekend getaway and so my partner and I once again packed into our car and stayed for the night at the Stamford Plaza. This time, instead of booking directly through the hotel we took advantage of a mystery deal at Wotif.com.

Given the price we paid, I had expected a room on one of the lower floors with a view of the car park. What a lovely surprise to find that we had a park view room on one of the upper floors, and the view was magnificent, especially at night!

This time we had not booked breakfast, unlike our previous stays, so I had a browse through the in-room dining menu to see if we could have the pleasure of breakfast in bed. There were many good options but I felt they were rather overpriced and so we chose to eat out in nearby Hindley Street instead.

Good to see the tacky notices had been removed, too, with the result that the room was just that tiny bit more classy.

Lastly, the courtesy and friendliness exhibited by reception (both on checking in and out, as well as when we'd called down to ask if we could have a late check out) and the perfect timing of the valet service helped to make our stay extra enjoyable. We were actually sad to leave.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
    Carl F, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear ladia 2287

We really appreciate the review and highlighting the great service you received. We all know how important it is to escape on a night out to have all the details taken care of.

The views overlooking the Oval and Government house are stunning during the day and night and we are pleased you enjoyed our refurbished rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next excape to the city!!!!

warm regards

Reviewed November 15, 2013

The Stamford has recently had a renovation and the décor is very pleasing. This, sadly is the only compliment I have for this hotel, the valet parking was $40, there's no accessible power points anywhere convenient, you have to unplug a device to use an electricity source or there is 2 available at an awkward angle on the desk. The bathrooms have not been renovated, they are suffice but mismatched. The movies were unavailable for no reason and the 'in room dining' took an excessive amount of time to arrive, a breakfast order took 2 hours to arrive and there was no offer of compensation and the order was incorrect.
    The staff wasn't particularly friendly or helpful at any stage and although meeting the basic standard for service, in no way go above or beyond.
    I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
    1  Thank Mary C

Dear Mary W

Thank you for your review and pleased you enjoyed the new rooms.

I do want to apologise for the delay in your breakfast which is simply unnacceptable and simple service skills were below the standards we pride oursleves and receive great comments on.

Mary if you are visiting Adelaide again can you please contact me carlforrest@spa.stamford.com.au as I woul appreciate the opportunity to make amends.

Warm regards

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed at the Stamford as part of our honeymoon through South Australia.
    All aspects of our stay were brilliant.
    Our check in was seam less and easy.
    We were given a large,very clean, well appointed room on the top floor.
    The bed side floor lights and bathroom lights that are motion sensors and come on when you need that late night toilet run are a brilliant idea.
    The staff at the hotel are very friendly, informative and polite.
    Thank you for a great stay and I will be back and will most definitely recommend the Stamford to everyone.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Shrek73

A great 5 star review and I am so pleased we contributed to your honeymoon!!!!! South Australia is a great place to visit and we are very spoilt with activities for all ages and tastes.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Adelaide!!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Stamford hotel, and it was a positive experience. The hotel is not a grandeur style but rather striving for a luxury feel; it felt real and approachable. The personnel was helpful and welcoming. The best thing about the hotel for me was its location: we walked all over the city centre: Casino, the cultural centre, central shopping district and nearby sights; the tram stop for a ride to Glenelg was nearby, and there were always taxis in front of the hotel. We were there for the weekend of the yearly parade, which we could see from our room (an unexpected bonus).

I wish it had free Wi-Fi in rooms though, as this is essential in our time and at a very little cost to the hotel would offer great convenience to guests, especially to business travellers who wish to stay longer. I find it absurd after traveling in Europe and Asia (where all hotels now offer free Wi-Fi for guests) that Australian hotels try to charge $12 for 2 hours of Internet access with a room that's worth hundreds of dollars a night, when most coffee shops and McDonalds offer free Wi-Fi if you just buy a burger for $2.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Elena G

A top contributor review is greatly valued and we thank you for giving us such great comments about our fabulous location and service.
    The annual Xmas parade is something you have to see to believe in Adelaide.....we get locals lining up from 4am to get their "spot"to view the proceedings.

Elena thank you for your comments regarding the internet which is always a bone of contention when compared around the world. The reality is Australia has one of the most expensive wholesale internet infrastructures in the world and the cost to our 335 room hotel is quite large. With the development of more competition and the NBN we do anticipate we can pass savings onto our guests in the future.

Elena we look forward to welcoming you back to Adelaide.