“Great hotel, great location!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Stamford Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Adelaide
Whyalla
“Great hotel, great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have used this hotel many times and will continue to do so because of its fantastic location, great staff and facilities. It is ideally placed on North Terrace, the centre of the city, the staff are very professional and always helpful and friendly. Nothing is too much for them to assist with.
The hotel is always clean and the floors sparkle, always a good impression when you first enter after encountering the very accommodating concierge who is on hand as soon as you get out of the taxi to ensuring your luggage and check in is being looked after. Cant speak highly enough about the Stamford Plaza. Great hotel!

Room Tip: All the rooms I have had have been good, however, I do prefer the park view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 711ChristineK
Carl F, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear 711ChristineK

Thank you for the great review and welcome to Tripadvisor

We look forward to welcoming you back to Adelaide anytime from Whyalla!!!

Warm regards

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Doncaster East, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

The staff was very kind. About hotel impression that it was done a renovation in the room, but is old generally.Location is just in front of Adelaide station. It means heart of city. Dine out, hang around and so on near here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
JPNTOKYO

Thank you for the review. We are sprucing up all our public areas and restaurants.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I really like this hotel . All the creature comforts of home , always clean and nothing ever goes wrong when I stay here. Wifi works, taxis are available, staff are good.

The bar downstairs has a good wine list, haven't tried the food.

Great for business.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room Some of the suites are double story with stairs. If you have mobility is...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Cindi D

Thank you for the review. We are sprucing up all our public areas and restaurants which will fit in extremely well with the recently refubished rooms. Glad you got time to indulge in a glass or two in cascades.

Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed here for work. Really well located near the Rundle Mall, and a short stroll to where I was working. THe room I was allocated was massive, but the dissapointing thing was that it was an old style furniture that had been refreshed, so it still looked dated despite the modern colour scheme. The carpet had clearly seen better days and the bath over the shower, was quite dangerous in the room I was in. The bath was situated quite high, to step up into, and then once you did, the bath was quite shallow, which through me off balance. The room was certainly clean enough though. No complaints there.

I ordered room service the first night, and I ordered it at a time that their restaurants should have been operating, but the meal that was delivered was pretty unappetising.

The Breakfast offerings, I must admit were nothing short of magnificent. Pretty much anything you could think of, even omlettes could to order. All included in the room rate which was of some consolation.

Whilst I was dissapointed in the room, the Breakfast was wonderful. So I would stay again, as the room, whilst dated was clean, the position was good, and the breakfast was great, but i would not have a room again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear samonthego

Thank you for the review. We are sprucing up all our public areas and restaurants which will fit in extremely well with the recently refubished rooms. Sounds like you got a suite to spread out in. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast which is sensational.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stamford plaza on north terrace is very well positioned for most of the main attractions of Adelaide city and within walking distance of shops; zoo ;museum casino parklands festival theatre river train station trams with short ride to popular beaches witch makes STAMFORD PLAZA a very good place to stay.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear winifred o

Thank your the great review and highligting the excellent location of the hotel.

Executive Assisatnt Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel on a Friday night and were very happy with our experience. When we first arrived, although concierge did not offer any help with bags, front desk staff were very professional and welcoming. Our room was nice, with a very comfortable King bed. The only negative I could give would be a disappointing bath. The hotel has recently gone through renovations however I assume they must have kept their old bath and showers. The shower is over the top of the bath and only one person would fit in the bath. It is quite old fashioned, as is the old toilet. The vanity however was much newer. Also, view was very poor, of the building next door, however this could not be helped.

The highlights for me and my parter were both the rooftop jacuzzi and buffet breakfast. On the Friday night we went up to the jacuzzi and had it to ourselves. There are fantastic views up there and it is a very romantic setting. We loved this! The Saturday morning we had breakfast at the hotel restaurant (this was included in our room package) and thought there was a great selection. It wasn't too crowded which was nice and anything extra could be ordered though the chef.

Checkout went smoothly and hotel staff were more than happy to hold our luggage while we explored the city. Overall, a good stay with good service and hotel is in a fantastic location to explore the city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Carl F, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Travel455

Thank you for the great review and highlighting our fabulous location on North Terrace. We are looking forward to the Adelaide Oval opening next year and the upcoming Ashes tournaments.

I have shared you comments about our service with the team.

Warm regards

Executive Assistant Manager
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Really sorry Stamford but for a hotel of your standard, this was very poor. I took 4 of my girlfriends here for a pre bridal afternoon of relaxation. We waited for 15 mins to get our trays. They were not really even I food and we found ourselves cutting the tiny cakes up so we could all have a taste. Waited ages for tea and coffee and when I asked for the plates to be free filled I was told that was it. OMG, I've been to high tea in so many places all over the world and Australia and thisis the first one I've been to that they don't refill your plate/ platter. When we finally got offered our second cup of coffee, we had no milk left. We were given more which was so old it curdled our coffee. This all had to be replaced and there wasn't enough coffee so again, another wait. We were still out of milk so when that finally came the coffee was warm. Also, when I booked, I booked the deluxe sitting. When I queried this at time of paying, I was told that was only on sundays, so why wasn't I told that at time of booking. Very disappointing afternoon and also embarrassing for me with my guests. I will not return here for high tea or TJ restaurant as that has also been a big disappointment. If your going to advertise on the web your menu then I suggest you update it. We went with another group of friends a few weeks ago and most of the dishes advertised are no longer there. No, for me, two strikes and your out

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Donna D
Dear Donna D

Thank you for your review on the web. This was well below our standards and we have made significant changes to change our service aspect and deliver for all our customers.

regards