“Our fantastic stay at Stamford plaza Adelaide”

Stamford Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #14 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our weekend started with a valet park and our luggage whisked away to be checked in to our room for us. The reception area was bright and had a welcome friendly atmosphere. We checked in and headed for the swish bar for a complimentary drink. The junior spa suite was amazing. We were amazed at the size of the room and, of course, the spa(room for two) . Our function was preceded by cocktails in the bar. All the staff were great. Our package included $100 food & drink so we ordered late night room service and I was blown away at the presentation. Breakfast was really good and the fresh produce selection looked and tasted great. We had a
Late 1pm checkout and the valet had the car out front on time. I would reccomend the Stamford plaza adelaide to anyone, we will definatly be staying again. Our package was the junior spa suite. Thank you Stamford plaza.

Room Tip: The junior spa suite has a desk, lounge, dining table and a fantastic spa. The room also has a music...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A F
Carl F, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear A F

Thank you for the review. We really appreciate the time you have taken to place your comments onto Tripadvisor.

Carl Forrest

Write a ReviewReviews (2,536)

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The in all areas were warm, welcoming, professional and flawless in their service. To stay at a place where staff appear actually to ENJOY working where they are is incredibly rare and very heartening.
The room upgrades are brilliant - very spacious and enjoyable, functional spaces.
Room service was prompt and and the little extra effort taken to make each in-room dining experience a special one was much appreciated (especially after a long day!)
The gym, sauna and pool area were all functional but could do with a bit of an update. Be prepared to spend some time pre-heating the sauna (while you hang out in the spa).
The cocktails and atmosphere in the cocktail lounge was indulgent, relaxed, high class and yet welcoming and unpretentious.
Keep up the good work, people, I'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amy J

Dear Amy J

Reviewed June 30, 2013

First impressions are big for anyone so let me tell you initially I was impressed. The foyer has a low ceiling which threw me aback initially but this is void as I don't sleep in the lobby. The reception staff were exceptionally approachable and happy to answer any questions I had.
I was informed that the room I was given is fresh from a refurb, and that they obtained the keys only 3 days ago so I had high hopes of a new, fresh room...

The bed and pillows are comfortable, other standard hotel amenities included however when I hear the world refurb I expect a fresh bathroom, and let me say that this bathroom is below standard. It's an old untouched bathroom from the 90's (the property was built in the late 70's, so quite possibly its untouched from the opening), with a shower bath that is barely deeper than my ankles. Not a good first impression.

The shower head is a mediocre spray that doesn't wow me (I like a wow factor when I bathe), and needles to say that this bath isn't one I'd like to soak up some quiet time. A shame really.

The restaurants seem nice, etc. All this aside, its a nice property in a central location. Give me a good night sleep and I'm satisfied.

Welcome to the Stamford plaza. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RPK89

Dear RPKE

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Concierge was a bit of a key down, long waits to ask for assistance or to get car keys. Location was perfect. Rooms are outdated but the view was fantastic over Parliament House. Buffet breakfast small and not much variety. Would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank louiev00
Carl F, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Louive00

That you for a great review and apologies for the delay in our concierge service and in particular the valet. We have just introduced a lobby ambassador role into the hotel foyer to assist with our peak periods and look for opportunities to help our guests.

I value reviews from senior contributors and your feedback is most welcome.

P.S On you next visit we will recommend a good pizza place for you!!!

Executive Asisstant Manager

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Thanks to the staff at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, we had a very enjoyable weekend. Close to all facilities in the city, a handy distance to the Festival Centre (Brian Cadd/Russel Morrison concert). Rundle mall shopping close by. The Swish restaurant service was excellent, nice food and friendly experienced staff, an enjoyable start to our evening. Breakfast and service in TG's alway terrific.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alan H

Dear AlanH

Welcome to Tripadadvisor and your 5 star review is most appreciated.

The teams in Swish and TG's work hard and I am pleased they provided you some great service. There is plenty to choose from on the Swish menu but my favourite is the Pork belly and they make some of the best burgers in town.

AlanH I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your next concert attednance.

Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Stamford Plaza, the staff were friendly and helpful and the room was lovely. We had dinner in the seafood restaurant the food was great and again the staff were friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Meadowsmiss

Dear Meadowmiss

Another 5 star review and great to see we made it special for your birthday........ sincere thank you!!!!
The seafood buffet is great value at $85 per couple and we even throw in 2 glasses of wine for inhouse guests. The prawns are specifically caught for us from the Gulf of Carpenteria and are some of the best available.

Meadowmiss you are most welcome back for your next birthday celebration......I would recmommend the exclusive High tea in the Crystal room every Sunday at 2.30pm.....simply devine with the chocolate fountain.

Executive Asisstant Manager

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I spent the weekend at the Stamford whilst in town for the Cabaret Festival. It has a great location within 2 minutes walk of festival hall. The staff were professional. The pillows were excellent!!! We ate at the asian restaurant which was a highlight. Breakfast was plentiful.
I was within minutes of Rundle Mall and that great Haighs chocolate shop. Highly recommended. And the rate was hard to beat... Thanks for a great weekend.

Room Tip: Book ahead for some great deals
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ghekko62

Dear Ghekko62

A great 5 star review and even better | am glad you got to enjoy the Caberet festival!!! This is one of the best events Adelaide holds with its electic mix of artists and Kate Cerbrano as Director has added to the event.

Your comments on the food in Rickshaws and professional staff are appreciated in particular from a senior reviewer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and a visit to the Haighs chocolate shop!

Warm Regards