Stamford Plaza Adelaide
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide(Adelaide)
  • Pool
Plaza Hotel(Adelaide)
2,761 results
All reviewsla bocajunior spa suitegreat locationparliament housepark viewrooftop poolnorth terracebuffet breakfastfestival centreroom servicevalet parkingrundle mallacross the roadrailway stationbusiness tripstandard roomart gallery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice welcome and very friendly staff, room was very nice and had all that I needed although only there for 1 night. Very central location as well close to the convention centre. Will book here again next time I am in Adelaide.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MickClarke66
Peter G, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Guest
We are very thankful for your positive feedback. We agree that our location is ideally located within walking distance of the various iconic CBD features and we are always delighted to hear that our staff are upholding our exceptional service standards. Thank you for your compliments on our buffet breakfast, they are appreciated. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We were very disappointed on our last visit to Adelaide. We had booked a room for myself my husband and our daughter who is 12, we were staying 4 nights and was told we would have two double beds. On arrival we were told there was not a room available to accommodate us and they would see what they could do. So they rolled in a single bed into a very crammed room, bathroom was tiny and we could hardly move. Although the view of the city was great, we felt we did not get what we had requested or paid for and will not return,

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lodges_13

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I was most concerned to learn of the dissatisfaction that you experienced with your bedding configuration. I assure you that we take these issues most seriously and have followed it up vigorously with all involved in order to prevent a recurrence. We try to meet all guest requests but sometimes this is not always possible. I am disappointed that your experience was not all that you expected. I do apologise for the inconveniences caused and would welcome the opportunity to redeem ourselves should you decide to give us a second chance. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have stayed for business for 5 nights, in a standard room. The room was spacious and convenient enough, very tired though, especially the bathroom. I had to ask the cleaners to come again to clean everything with a little more care (I spend >100 days per year in hotels all over the world and this only happened once before). When arriving I was offered valet parking but I had to drag my suitcase and various pieces alone to the reception and was then asked if I am ok, instead of being helped immediately (2 boys stood chatting, NOT busy with other guests, and reception staff appeared rather bored too). The bed was very comfy, the a/c was not adjustable no matter where the little button was pushed to. It was cold or cold or even cold. Even when asking front desk to get it fixed, it was - surprise - cold, and remained cold for rest of the stay. Lucky there were plenty of duvets and blankets.
The hotel makes a very tired impression and is probably the worst Stamford I ever stayed in. To be fair, the price is reasonable and probably reflects the age and status. The hotel is extremely convenient for sightseeing, exploring the city center, attending conferences in the Conference Center, enjoying various entertainment options (Casino, theatres, shows....) and close to the river and park for strolling and morning exercise, and train station for further travel if needed. Plenty of food options close by, not to forget the Lebanese restaurants with shisha aka hubbly bubbly aka nagileh.
The breakfast room was so daunting looking that I preferred to go to a cafe close by, so cannot comment on food in hotel. Very convenient is the take away coffee though.
Gym is tiny, internet is slow but was included in my room rate.
I parked the car myself in the garage close by (a little walk around the block is required), hotel had special rate of 20$ per day with unlimited access. Valet parking was 35$ if I remember correctly.
I did like the environmentally friendly option to not have the room cleaned every day. After all I would not clean my own house every day, and still consider it clean. I skipped every other day and felt a tiny little satisfying glow that I have been more considerate to the environment, and probably released the cleaning crew of some duties. I might suggest this to other hotels as well.

Room Tip: hard to get a room with a view, since the hotel is surrounded by walls. My recommendation: don't worry, go outside, there are plenty of nice places to enjoy. Use hotel for sleep, and for sleep only.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank R W

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We agree that our location is ideally located within walking distance of the various iconic CBD features. I appreciate your comments regarding the need for refurbishment of the guest room and bathroom and you will be pleased to note that we are currently over half way through a major refurbishment of all our guest rooms to bring them back to the level in line with a 5 star experience and the results are tremendous. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the newly refurbished Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We recently stayed at the Stamford Plaza for our wedding anniversary. The package was called Absolute Escape and it was worth every penny. For our money we received a superior room with queen bed, the views were fantastic over parliament house and we could even see the docked ship at Outer Harbour. The room itself was well appointed, the hotel I believe is going through a refurbishment however this was an older style room. The bathroom was a little disappointing with no exhaust fan and a barely adequate bathtub but as this was only a one night stay we were willing to let this slide. As part of the package we received a welcome bottle of wine which was chilling in the fridge. Oh and valet parking which was easy and very convenient. We also received $100 to spend on food and beverages within the hotel which was easy to do. The cocktail lounge had the most extensive cocktail list I have seen in a long time and the food was reasonably priced. A special mention to the staff at Cascades Lounge as they were extremely friendly and helpful. We also had room service on two occasions which was "ok" but not fabulous. The next morning we had buffet breakfast which provided a wide range of foods from the usual bacon/eggs to healthier options, our only comment was regarding the very dark table we were seated at but the food made up for this. Late checkout at 1pm allowed us some time to visit the wet area and test the pool and spa, both adequate however on a chilly day you would need to be very keen to try the pool as it is not enclosed.

Overall this is a hotel that provides a high level of service, we would have no hesitations in staying here again given the fantastic location.

Room Tip: Great views higher up looking over North Terrace.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsS30
Peter G, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Guest
We are very thankful for your positive feedback on the hotel and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Stamford Plaza Adelaide as our excellent facilities, superb location, high standards of service and welcoming atmosphere ensured that you had a most memorable and enjoyable stay.
You will be pleased to note that we are undertaking a refurbishment of our guest rooms to bring them back to the level in line with a 5 star experience and this is well underway with over half of our rooms now completed and the results are tremendous. Rest assured that our staff in Cascades Lounge will be commended for their great service and I thank you again for your positive comments, they are appreciated. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the newly refurbished Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I absolutely love Stamford's Hight Tea and always make it a point to make a booking whenever my family flies in to visit me. With a glass of bubbly on arrival, and an abundance of teas and coffees, they have a wonderful balance of sweet, savory, and neutral finger foods that have a beautiful balance and won't sicken. Scones & jam, curry puffs, macaroons, tarts, sandwiches... mmm just thinking about it makes me want to go back! I sometimes like to sit by the window and people watch while enjoying hightea with my family. Their Easter high-tea had an extra special touch and was held in the Crystal Room... it was absolutely lovely and I suggest giving it a go next year :) <3

All that said, though the Hilton have great service, please don't bother with their high tea unless you have a massive sweet tooth. Hopefully they change up their high tea menu soon.

It also stands to note that we've stayed at the Stamford a few times before. Location is excellent as its close to the tram line, casino, and an easy walking distance to Rundle Mall. The rooms were okay, and their overall service was great :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Czarah

Dear Guest
I was pleased that you were able to relax and indulge in the revival of a traditional High Tea surrounded by charming artworks, in the understated elegance and warmth of our Crystal Room, an experience best shared with friends and or family. I agree that we do enjoy a great location in the CBD with great views and excellent customer service. May we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the near future.