“Nice stay”

Stamford Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #14 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We purchased 2 nights a summer special with a $1 buffet breakfast. We were upgraded to a deluxe suit and had a great view over the adelaide oval and king William street. Great location, Rundle Mall & Hindley St just a short walk away. Breakfast was great, good selection and friendly service. Nice short stay in Adelaide city.

• Stayed: January 2013
Peter G, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Guest
I was pleased to learn that we were able to upgrade you to a deluxe suite and believe it met your expectations. We agree that our location is ideally located within walking distance of the various iconic CBD features and enjoys great views.Thank you for the compliment on our breakfast buffet which you can be assured will be passed on to our Executive Chef. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service so I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with the service provided. We are always happy to hear that our staff were friendly and helpful. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.

There are newer reviews for Stamford Plaza Adelaide

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Hotel is in a fab location right in the city centre opposite the Casino and station. Buffet breakfast is fantastic, up there with the best we have ever had. Rooms but although comfortable and clean are a bit tired and desparately need renovating as there were cigarette burns on the furniture and smoking in rooms finished a long time ago. Furniture was also outdated.

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We agree that our location is ideally located within walking distance of the various iconic CBD and you will be pleased to note that we are currently undertaking a refurbishment of our guest rooms to bring them back to the level in line with a 5 star experience. Thank you for the compliment on our breakfast buffet which you can be assured will be passed on to our Executive Chef. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the newly refurbished Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed at the Stamford for 3 nights as part of a mystery flight package. It is well located in the centre of town - opposite the casino and in easy walking distance of Rundle Mall and the Botanical Gardens as well as the Sunday night markets. The rooms appeared newly updated, clean, nice pillows and good air conditioning. There was no bath tub in our room - a bit disappointing for someone who likes a relaxing soak. The lighting system is on a sensor so you needed to walk into the bathroom for the light to turn on. Slightly annoying was the closet light that switched on every time you walked past it. There is a rooftop sauna and spa with a pool and small gym. Nice.

The staff were very friendly and helpful (thank you Leanne for finding our house keys). Breakfast was included in our stay and didn't disappoint. Lots of choices - full cooked breakfast, delicious fruits and bakery.

Would we return? If we had to go back to Adelaide it would certainly be on our list.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor. A higher floor would be nicer.
1  Thank Jsfreeman

Dear Guest
We are very thankful for your positive feedback on the hotel and your honest comments will help us continue to strive to provide service excellence and a memorable experience. I agree that we do enjoy a great location in the CBD, close to all amenities. I am pleased that the guest room met your expectations and thank you for your compliments on our buffet breakfast, they are appreciated. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service so I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with the service provided. We are always happy to hear that our staff were very friendly and helpful. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I recently booked a groupon coupon for a stay at the Stamford Plaza Hotel in Adelaide. What a pleasure. The rooms were amazing as were the breakfasts. My father stayed 2 nights and I joined for the third. Will definitely book there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sue M

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It is always pleasing to receive positive feedback and I was delighted to learn that your Groupon booking with us was enjoyable. Thank you for the compliment on our breakfast buffet which you can be assured will be passed on to our Executive Chef. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Hotel was lovely in many ways...
Service was excellent, speedy check in and concierge were amazing. I had a room on the top floor facing the main street which gave excellent views. The room itself was lovely, slightly dated but not in a bad way. All the facilities you would need however the A/C was terrible. There was a very dated control on the wall where you could not determine what it was actually on but, also I am aware this was not just for my room as other guests were complaining as well. It was mentioned to me in passing by other guests who I didnt know at breakfast and in the lift! As it was over a few days where the temperature varied between 30 - 40 degrees this is not acceptable considering the rates paid to stay.
I would have rated this hotel as very good if there wasnt a problem with the A/C.
It is also worth mentioning the breakfast was brilliant, definitely worth a visit, food was of a good quality and there was a wide selection.
Overall a good stay.

Room Tip: High floor, street facing
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank aleroo

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. You will be pleased to note that we are currently undertaking a refurbishment of our guest rooms to bring them back to the level in line with a 5 star experience which will include an upgrade of the air conditioning. I agree that we do enjoy a great location in the CBD, close to all amenities and with great views. Thank you for your compliments on our buffet breakfast which will be passed on to my Executive Chef. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service so I’m delighted that you were satisfied with the excellent service provided by our very friendly staff during your stay. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed on the 10th floor, this room did not appear to have been renovated yet but it was otherwise elegant and spacious. My only comment on the decor is to lose the pinboard, this did not fit in with the feel of the room.

The facilities in the room included a safe, large tv, kingsize bed, sofa and table, minibar and plenty of storage space. The room was quiet despite its proximity to the lift and the aircon worked very well.

The staff were all friendly and professional, without a hint of the snobbiness experienced by other reviewers.

I can also support the other comments regarding the breakfast, it was plentiful and fresh. Fried, poached (excellent, i'm a bit picky about poached eggs) and boiled eggs were available to order, and arrived quickly, along with eggs benedict.

We did check out the gym/pool on the roof, both were small but we just went up to check out the view, which was fabulous.

We paid $132 per night including breakfast, for a 2 night stay which i consider excellent value and would definately consider staying there again.

Room Tip: A high park view room has a great view of the north of the city
1  Thank starswine

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and that you received great value for money. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service and was pleased our staff were friendly and professional. I appreciate your positive comments on our buffet breakfast which will be passed on to our Executive Chef. Thank you again for your feedback, it is appreciated. May we look forward to welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide some time soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I am currently sitting in the room with no blankets and a petastool fan it's really warm and can't sleep due to being stuffy and hot. This was a leisure stay as a treat to us but Standford Plaza was a very big let down and unfortunately treat it was not. Upon arrival being that of 40 degrees outside we were excited to get out of the heat and into our motel room to cool down, it was not cool in our room and the air conditioning was not adjustable apparently just set by motel into rooms, i called reception and they said the would send maintenance around, maintenance arrived here shortly after and told me it was working but because it was hot outside it was struggling a lil bit, i paid good money to be in a hot room made me very frustrated and not normally the whinging type but i decided to proceeded to call reception again who had the same story of its hot outside and the air conditioning is struggling i then asked if there is anything else that can be done the receptionist didn't seem to have any answers and i asked if they had a fan or something in which they did and it was brought straight to our room. So im really disappointed to have paid for a room where we are sitting infront of a petastool fan still feeling very hot. On the upside and the only upside we have is the pool on the roof top is beautiful and was our only way to get cool for a few hours of our stay. I understand from reading precious comments on here which i wish i had of read before booking and staying here, that the manager replies with the motel is undergoing refurbishment but not once on any website even the Stamford website did i read that this was the case. Very disappointed and hot. Not the kind of feeling you want when paying good $$

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank RySo
Peter G, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate your comments as they will help us continue to strive to provide service excellence and a memorable experience. Please accept my apologies for the air conditioning system being inadequate and causing you some discomfort. Unfortunately the hotel has a centralized air conditioning system which supplies the same preset temperature to all the rooms and the individual air conditioners cannot be adjusted in the room. My Chief Engineer is constantly monitoring the air conditioning system to try and get the optimum temperature for guest comfort. We are currently undergoing a refurbishment of our guest rooms, which will include an upgrade of the air conditioning system to ensure guest comfort. I was pleased to learn that the roof top pool met your expectations. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.