“Really a great place, stayed there over 50 times”

Stamford Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #14 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Adelaide, Australia
“Really a great place, stayed there over 50 times”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

As I travel from Coober Pedy I drove straight into Valet Parking and always felt welcomed, it looks 5 star but with a more realistic welcome, not fake, Rickshaws is my favourite Asian restaurant where you can see the high standard and the Chef has been there over 15 years, the best Butter Chicken I have ever had and that comment comes from my dinning partners also.

Room Tip: I love the 17th floor, the top floor is also a great spot where the pool and Gym are.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Justin_Higgins, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Guest
We are very thankful for your positive feedback on the hotel and it is always good to hear this from a loyal guest and I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed dining in our iconic Asian restaurant, Rickshaws. Thank you again for your positive comments on our high standards, they are appreciated. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.
Justin Higgins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Excellent location - it is in the CBD with some amazing restaurants nearby. The staff were very friendly; they opened the door of my cab upon arrival and the staff had my check-in materials ready to go and were able to provide me with a very clear description of where my room was.

The room was spacious and clean. The bed was firm and the pillows were very malliable which was a nice surprise as often places like this skimp on the pillows. The TV worked well and had a few Austar channels thrown in for good measure, although the remote wasn't the best as I really needed to make sure it was pointed direct at the TV for it to work. The bathroom was larger than your average hotel bathroom with a full mirror, full-length bath and powerpoints for shavers.

The facilities of the hotel were excellent, too - the restaraunts were nice, if not a tad overpriced and the executive lounge was very comfortable.

I have two minor complaints, which I feel are very "white whine" but did stop this place from being a 5-star experience.

The room lighting was rather dim - there was only one switch which activated three lights, but they all seemedto have 40W globes in them. The second was that the walls are somewhat paperthin and I could hear anything and everything that was going on in the corridor. Thankfully it wasn't a busy time but if anyone wanted to make a racket, they would have woken everyone up.

That being said, this is still an excellent place to stay and I hope I have an opportunity to fome here again soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Justin_Higgins, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, it does help other visitors make their choice of hotel when visiting Adelaide and it is always pleasing to receive positive feedback. I agree that we do enjoy a great location in the CBD with great views and we are always delighted to hear that our staff are upholding our exceptional service standards. I was also pleased to read that you were satisfied with the facilities and the majority of your expectations were met. Thank you again for your comments, they are appreciated, and we look forward to welcoming you back some time soon.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here one night after spending several days visiting wineries. The hotel has an excellent location, just around the corner from Rundle Mall. The rooms were what you'd expect for this hotel chain, and the staff on check-in were very helpful. Great value for a standard room - I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Justin_Higgins, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was excellent value for money and the location met your expectations. We agree that our location is ideally located within walking distance of the various iconic CBD features and for wine lovers, the stunning National Wine Centre of Australia is the place to visit with its interactive Wine Discovery Journey and Exhibition. You will be pleased to know that we are in the midst of refurbishing the guest rooms to bring them back to the level in line with a 5 star experience. Thank you again for your positive comments, they are appreciated and I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the newly refurbished Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the near future.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Perfect location for a night at the theatre, dinner and shopping. We enjoyed a fantastic night out in Adelaide, this place is so good because of the staff. Everyone we encountered was friendly, professional and genuine. Dinner at Rickshaws was sensational, great people watching spot and Mani's butter chicken divine and what a great smile he has when we complimented him. Breakfast was superb, could not want for anything more. Our room had an amazing view over the parklands and the bed was super comfy......Overall we felt very special! Thank you Stamford, we shall return.

Room Tip: When booking online, we asked for a parklands view if one was available and got a superb room on flo...
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed a fantastic night out in Adelaide recently and we agree that our location is ideally located within walking distance of the various iconic CBD features. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service so I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with the professional service provided. We are always happy to hear that our staff are upholding our service standards. Thank you for the compliment on Rickshaws Restaurant and our breakfast buffet, it is appreciated. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future and indulging in our new Swish Restaurant menu.
Adelaide Central
Reviewed November 17, 2012

perfect location and facilities for what we needed for an overnight stay.excellant service in all departments, will always be my first choice when i need accommodation in the city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and we met your expectations. We agree that our location is ideally located within walking distance of the various iconic CBD features and we pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service so I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with the service provided. We are always happy to hear that our staff are upholding our service standards. Thank you for considering the Stamford Plaza Adelaide as your first choice when in need of CBD accommodation, it is appreciated and I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The hotel is looking a bit tired and in need of a renovation. The lobby dosnt start things off that well being quite dark. When I was there the bar and restaurant was shut and didn’t have any lights on, making it look even darker. The room itself was a good size, with a sofa and a small table. The desk was a bit small but ok. The bathroom was nicely appointed but way too small. Service was good, food was also good. Overall good hotel but showing its age

Dear Guest
We are very thankful for your positive feedback on our service and food. I appreciate your comments regarding the need for refurbishment of the hotel and you will be pleased to note that we are currently undertaking a refurbishment of our guest rooms to the level in line with a 5 star experience. Thank you again for your comments, they are appreciated and I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the newly refurbished Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Enjoyed my 5 night business stay here but poor service irked me several times. Phone calls to housekeeping or room service always rang out and were diverted to reception to handle. A request for more tea bags just got me more green tea. Room service request for a pot of tea cost me $10.50 including the $6 delivery charge. Muesli, banana and code to my room cost $26.50.
Another inconvenience was so few power points - one in bathroom and only 2 in main room. Not easy when I had a laptop and other technology to lug in and charge.

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please accept my apologies for the problems that you experienced trying to contact room service and housekeeping, which I have subsequently addressed with my Food & Beverage Director and Executive Housekeeper to ensure we are maintaining our standards. You will be pleased to learn that we are currently undertaking a refurbishment of our guests rooms and more power points will be installed as part of the upgrade. Thank you again for your comments, they are appreciated, and I trust we have the opportunity to welcoming you back some time soon to experience a newly refurbished room.