“excellant”

Ranked #14 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Adelaide Central
“excellant”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

perfect location and facilities for what we needed for an overnight stay.excellant service in all departments, will always be my first choice when i need accommodation in the city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Justin_Higgins, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and we met your expectations. We agree that our location is ideally located within walking distance of the various iconic CBD features and we pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service so I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with the service provided. We are always happy to hear that our staff are upholding our service standards. Thank you for considering the Stamford Plaza Adelaide as your first choice when in need of CBD accommodation, it is appreciated and I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Justin Higgins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The hotel is looking a bit tired and in need of a renovation. The lobby dosnt start things off that well being quite dark. When I was there the bar and restaurant was shut and didn’t have any lights on, making it look even darker. The room itself was a good size, with a sofa and a small table. The desk was a bit small but ok. The bathroom was nicely appointed but way too small. Service was good, food was also good. Overall good hotel but showing its age

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest
We are very thankful for your positive feedback on our service and food. I appreciate your comments regarding the need for refurbishment of the hotel and you will be pleased to note that we are currently undertaking a refurbishment of our guest rooms to the level in line with a 5 star experience. Thank you again for your comments, they are appreciated and I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the newly refurbished Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Enjoyed my 5 night business stay here but poor service irked me several times. Phone calls to housekeeping or room service always rang out and were diverted to reception to handle. A request for more tea bags just got me more green tea. Room service request for a pot of tea cost me $10.50 including the $6 delivery charge. Muesli, banana and code to my room cost $26.50.
Another inconvenience was so few power points - one in bathroom and only 2 in main room. Not easy when I had a laptop and other technology to lug in and charge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please accept my apologies for the problems that you experienced trying to contact room service and housekeeping, which I have subsequently addressed with my Food & Beverage Director and Executive Housekeeper to ensure we are maintaining our standards. You will be pleased to learn that we are currently undertaking a refurbishment of our guests rooms and more power points will be installed as part of the upgrade. Thank you again for your comments, they are appreciated, and I trust we have the opportunity to welcoming you back some time soon to experience a newly refurbished room.
Auburn, sa
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Last time I stayed here I wasn't very impressed however I've been back twice since even though I originally thought I'd never return. I have to say it was a huge improvement. The staff went out of their way to ensure our visit was memorable for all the right reasons! The beds were comfortable and I've had a sneak peak at the upgrades and they are first class. On top of that you can't beat the location, heart of the city and so close to everything. I will continue to be a return guest and am now pleased to say I can highly recommend the Stamford Plaza Adelaide as an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am delighted to learn that your recent stay with us was pleasant and you found the location ideal. We agree that our location is ideally located within walking distance of the various iconic CBD features and we are always delighted to hear that our staff are upholding our exceptional service standards. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the newly refurbished Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was my first time at this hotel, as my usual place in Adelaide was booked out for my 6 night. The hotel suffers a little from its dated appearance but overall the stay was good. Check in was easy, although they lost several items that I left for a colleague who was checking the following day. Everything was eventually located.

The rooms are a decent size and have a typical hotel sudio layout. It was big enough for a couple of lounge chairs and the work area at the desk was a good size also. The rooms appear to have had a bit of an update recently but still appear very bland and dated. It wasn't too bad though. The double windows were an excelent idea for minimising street noise. Other hotels should take note that such a simple inclusion makes a big difference in getting a good nights sleep. The view was great (typical Adelaide view) and the windows could open to let air in. The AC was old and didn't seem to really have any impact on the temp in the room. The bathroom was dated but functional. Internet worked well (...I think it was free ????).

I didn't try any of the resturants (....breakfast down the road at Parlimento Cafe is half the price and quiet good) but I did have to unexpectantly book a meeting room for one day. It was easy to organise and very cost effective.

All in all, a good business level hotel in a great location within Adelaide. I would use it again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest
We are very thankful for your positive feedback on the hotel being a good business level hotel in a great location and agree that our location is ideally located within walking distance of the various iconic CBD features. I appreciate your comments regarding the need for refurbishment of the guest rooms and you will be pleased to note that we are currently undertaking a refurbishment to the level in line with a 5 star experience which will include an upgrade of the air conditioning. Thank you again for your comments, they are appreciated and I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the near future.
Salisbury, Australia
Reviewed November 10, 2012

From the time I checked in to check out was a pleasure. the room was much larger than I expected. The view of the opposite building wasn't great, but the curtains soon hid that. No request was too much for their attentive and friendly staff. I needed an extension cord for essential medical equipment, "we'll send that right up" extra glasses to enjoy spirits "we will be right up with that" or when I left some of our wedding flowers in our room, they arranged for them to pick put in a taxi and sent to the church. The breakfast buffet was also good, a good selection of choices and well laid out.

Room Tip: Examine all the extra offers, we got the couples package for our honeymoon night. the attention to d...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
We are very thankful for your positive feedback on our attentive and friendly staff. We are always delighted to hear that our staff are upholding our exceptional service standards. I have passed on your compliments regarding our breakfast buffet to my Food and Beverage Director and Executive Chef. Thank you again for your comments, they are appreciated and I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the near future.
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The lobby and servies was nice when we frist arrived at the Hotel.
However, as soon as we stepped foot into our hotel room on the 11th floor, i was completely disappointed. everything was so outdated and old. The toilet didnt flush properly, the bathroom did not look like a 5 star standard. The airconditioner didnt work properly.
The only good thing about the room was the bed.. it was comfy.
I was very disappointed in the hotel and will not return or reccommend the anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Naddia P
Dear Guest
I appreciate your comments regarding the need for refurbishment of the hotel and you will be pleased to note that we are currently undertaking a refurbishment of our guest rooms to the level in line with a 5 star experience which will also include an upgrade of the air conditioning. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the near future to experience a newly refurbished room.