“Great location, great rooms, first class service.”

Stamford Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #15 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We stay at this hotel often. The rooms are extremely nice and the breakfast is first class. The service is always brilliant. Alex Rowe is an absolute star and Eddie on reception is first rate, so friendly and so helpful. The location on North Terrace just near Rundle Mall is superb. I have never been disappointed by any of our stays here and always look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank lesley p
Justin_Higgins, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was pleasant and you found the location ideal. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service so I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with the service provided and that your expectations were met. We are always happy to hear that our staff are upholding our service standards. Thank you for the compliment on our breakfast, it is appreciated. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel about 2 years ago in a room that was very hot, the air conditioning couldn't bring the temperature down resulting in a terrible nights sleep. I swore I would never stay here again.
I recently spent three nights here for a conference at the hotel, the accommodation had been arranged by the organisers and I felt sure the same thing couldn't happen again.
I booked in and went up to my room and couldn't believe it when I found this room(not the same one as last time) very hot. I turned the air con right down, went out for awhile and on return found the temperature had not changed. I was absolutely amazed this could happen twice. I was not prepared to endure another bad nights sleep, so this time rang the desk and had two different people inspect and adjust the air con all to no affect, so another room was arranged.
The new room was comfortable, quiet, the staff were helpful, the food was good and the air con worked. So after a bad start it turned out to be an enjoyable stay.
Lesson learnt - don't wait to see if the air con will sort things out. Complain early.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank notafussytraveller
Justin_Higgins, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Guest,
I am delighted to learn that your experience was enjoyable after the room move. For your information, we are undertaking a refurbishment of our guest rooms, which includes the air conditioning, to bring them back to the level in line with a 5 star experience and works commenced a few weeks ago. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Stamford Adelaide is one of those hotels where the professionalism of the staff is sadly not matched by the character of the hotel. For travelers who are used to any degree of modernity, the Stamford will likely disappoint as a walk down any of the corridors will attest. Seemingly right out of an 80's travel magazine, the hotel is very tired and badly in need of renovation. The poorly lit lounge area is more 'dingy' than 'jazz club'. OK for a single night business stay, but unlikely to be a highlight for a holiday traveller.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TenRingShanghai

Dear Guest
We are very thankful for your positive feedback on the professionalism of our staff. I appreciate your comments regarding the need for refurbishment of the hotel and you will be pleased to note that we are undertaking a refurbishment of our Hotel to the level in line with a 5 star experience and work commenced two weeks ago. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Adelaide Central
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Bed comfortable. Shower the best I have ever had great views over Adelaide Quiet Caring and kind staff.
limited TV channels and few radio stations
good tourist information in room and in foyer.
We would stay here again if visiting Adelaide

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was pleasant and you enjoyed the views over Adelaide. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service so I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with the service provided and that your expectations were met. We are always happy to hear that our staff are upholding our service standards. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We had a scoopon deal which was good value. We had a room on the 16th floor overlooking the river and adelaide oval - the room was really nice, bed very comfortable and the included brekky was nice, staff very helpful. Overall we had a great stay and would definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Justin_Higgins, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am delighted to learn that you had a great stay with us and you enjoyed the views. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service so I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with the service provided and that your expectations were met. Thank you for the positive feedback on our Scoupon deal. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We have stayed here on a number of occasions and love it. Staff are always friendly and rooms are great. The indian restaurant is beautiful with fantastic staff. This is always our choice to stay when we want a night away. I love the absolute escape package, such value for money. The only thing I dont like is rooftop pool and spa as it really cant be utilised in winter as breeze is cold and pool is cold

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was pleasant and thank you for your loyalty. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service so I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with the service provided and that your expectations were met. Thank you for the compliment on Rickshaws restaurant, it is appreciated. Our roof top pool is heated, but in mid winter the wind chill factor is a deterent and we try to maintain the temperature consistent all year round. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.
King regards

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed 2 nights at Stamford North Terrace as we had a sick relative in the Adelaide Hospital. The hotel was quite close to the hospital as well as Rundle Mall, public transport etc. The room with very confortable twin beds was very clean, nothing to fault. Complimentary newspaper was a nice touch. Decor of hotel was lovely and welcoming especially from the rain and bad weather outside. The staff were excellent, Special mention to James - Concierge who organised airline boarding passes also the lovely friendly and efficient girl in the business office. Only gripe was that at 4.18am some other guest rang our room telephone and woke us. (not the hotel's fault). Will definitely stay there again. It was excellent value for the money paid.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was excellent value for money and the location met your expectations. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service so I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with the service provided and we are always happy to hear that our staff are upholding our service standards. I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.