“Perfectly located”

Stamford Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #14 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Perfect hotel for business trips to Adelaide. Centrally located close to entertainment complexes and restaurants. Breakfast buffet was average, I don't think it will be a good hotel for a family trip but for couples will be great.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Phil S, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated. I am pleased that you were generally satisfied with our service and I agree that we do enjoy a great location in the CBD. I trust that we can welcome you back to the Stamford Plaza in the near future. Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Stamford Plaza Adelaide

Reviewed May 20, 2012

I recently held a conference at The Stamford Plaza for close to 250 delegates. All I can say is that it was FABULOUS! We had a number of people turn up who were not registered, and the team quickly pulled together the additional requirements on the day.

The Event staff were amazing, and the audio visual guys could not have been more helpful. The food was wonderful and promptly served. The business centre staff helped us make photocopies of packs and generally assisted wherever possible.

We had a number of delegates staying in the hotel - it is a wonderful location and the staff we friendly, welcoming and professional. Only minor draw back is the room was quite warm, but this was very minor in comparison to all other aspects of this hotel. I cannot recommend The Stamford Plaza and the team highly enough. - Ursula

Room Tip: The suites are amazing! But all rooms are excellent and clean.

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback and we are so pleased that your stay was enjoyable. It is always pleasing to hear that we are providing the exceptional standrards of service that we strive to achieve and rest assured I will pass on your kind comments on to the team who handled your conference. Once again thank you and I look forard to welcoming you back hopefully in the near future. Kind regards

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights whilst attending a conference. The location was fantastic, close to the convention centre, Rundle Mall and the Adelaide Markets. The view from my room was amazing. The staff were friendly and helpful and patient. I called maintenance three out of four days. The mini-bar was not working on arrival, but was replaced the next day. On my last night there I could not access some tv channels and movies. Try as they might the maintenance staff could not get it to work. Very disappointing. The breakfast in the restaurant was lovely as was the room service. However some more blankets in the room would be good. Lucky I was traveling on my own so that I could double the blankets over.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank isboller3
Phil S, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey following your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments as they enable us to identify areas of our service and facilities that may be improved.

We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service so I was pleased to read that you were generally satisfied with the service provided during your stay and that the majority of your expectations were met. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by the mini-bar fridge and some of the TV Channels not working on arrival. This is not as per our standard and our maintenance team is investigating and all steps are being taken to avoid a recurrence.

Thank you again for your time and I trust that we may look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

The staff are what make this a great hotel and the breakfast was very nice. The room was clean and welcoming. It's in a great location. I booked on a last minute site and got a great deal.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Stamford Plaza for 5 nights during a conference. The Stamford is a short walk from the Convention centre and in the heart of the downtown area, close to shopping (Rundle Mall is just a few blocks away), public transport and literally dozens of excellent quality restaurants. Casinos and other night spots are also within walking distance. The hotel lobby is impressive, with modern decor and state of the art elevators.

Service was fantastic. Within seconds of our taxi arrival a staff member greeted us and offered to take our luggage to our room. It was delivered just a few minutes after check-in. Room service was prompt and friendly (food was average). A ceiling light was not working. An engineer arrived 15 minutes later and cheerfully fixed the problem.

We stayed in a Junior Suite which was spacious and featured a table and chairs to seat 6 as well as small desk, sofa and coffee table. The bathroom was large, with a spa tub as well as shower. The decor was an odd mix of old and new. The bed, headboard, linens, chairs and sofa were obviously new and modern, but the attached furniture (chest of drawers, entryway table, etc.) were quite worn. The mini bar was housed inside a sideboard and the wood panel door on the outside had slid down on the right side, making it look as if the door was falling off. The wood at the bottom corner of the sideboard had obvious water damage. The dressing area conveniently held our suitcase, but there was an out-of-place, poor quality bulletin board featuring brochures for hotel restaurants and local attractions. The sleeping area and bathroom were spotless, and top quality ((l'Occitane en Provence) toiletries were provided.

In summary, we enjoyed our stay at the Stamford and would probably stay here again, however, furniture and furnishings require a more extensive upgrade before it can claim 5-star status (and rates).

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Anita_V57

Dear Guest,
Please accept my sincere apologies that your experience may not have been all that you expected. I have noted your comments on the state of the room and am pleased to inform that we are about to start a major refurbishment of the hotel. We will review your comments with regards to the wardrobe space with our architects.
Kind regards

Reviewed May 13, 2012

i recently spent a night at the hotel. It was a painful experience.Staff looked lost, tired and disorganised.
Reception checkout was far from being prompt and efficient.
Will not come back.
Michael Wong

2  Thank James W

Dear Mr Wong
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey following your recent stay with us and. We appreciate your comments as they enable us to identify areas of our service and facilities that may be improved.
I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service and my apologies if this was lacking during your stay. We are also about to start the refurbishment of all our guest rooms with an aim to provide the best accommodation facilities in Adelaide and we will strive to compliment it with outstanding service.
Mr Wong, I understand that you may have some reservations about staying with us again, however we ould like to win back your confidence in us by giving us another opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed here recently and I have to say this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at - 5 stars??? No way! The rooms are dated, small, bathrooms very old - no exhaust fan in them and steamy.
The room was cold - the heating is beyond basic - we still have no idea how to adjust the temperature, however it was telling us it was on max heat, and after going out for dinner for a couple of hours and leaving the heating on, we came back and the room was as cold as we left it!
The door staff were friendly enough, but others were not helpful at all. After paying $170 for the room and being under the impression that we would get a king size bed, I rang reception to be told abruptly that we had to pay an extra $30 to upgrade to a king bed!!! Customer service definitely needs some work - so after this, couldn't be bothered complaining about the rest of the problems because I knew it wouldn't be listened to!
The spread for breakfast was great, but once again service was terrible. The day we were here, it was very busy in the dining room and we couldn't even get a seat. The waiting staff tried to tell us we would be much better off in the other dining room (about 50m away - not where you really want to sit when you are having a breakfast buffet and have to keep going back and forth) so we weren't sold on that and had to wait for a table to be free for us to sit at! Maybe don't book so many people in for breakfast if you can't accommodate them??
I will never stay at this hotel again - there are a few good things going for it eg. location, some staff, breakfast food - but the customer service and poor room quality bring it down so much - stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: None!! We started in a city view deluxe room which apparently only have queen beds and paid the upgr...
2  Thank Ryan181

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments as they enable us to identify areas of our service and facilities that may be improved.
I am disappointed that you found our service to be lacking during your visit last month. Please be assured that I have addressed the issues you raised with the managers of the relevant departments including our restaurants, the Front Desk and Housekeeping. Please accept our sincere apologies and for your information we are planning for a refurbishment of our guest rooms to commence later this year and the program includes upgrading of the air-conditioning units in all rooms.
Kind regards