“High Tea at the Stamford Plaza”

Stamford Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #14 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Adelaide, Australia
“High Tea at the Stamford Plaza”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Recently I had high tea at the Stamford Plaza. It was a birthday treat and treat it was. We started with a lovely glass of good champagne and then a three tier server with the yummiest foods on it. The bottom tier was loaded with samosas, cocktail quiches and tiny club sandwiches. We also had some tiny Italian bread slices with pate. The middle tier had scones both plain and fruit served with scads of jam and cream. To top it all off were some french pastries. Even though my tummy was full to bursting I still had to eat one of the little French tarts and a little chocolate delights. Unfortunately, we could not eat the other two cakes so my friend took them home to her son. One looked like a banana caramel pie and one looked delicious, however, I don't know what it was. During our high tea we of course had cups of tea. We were asked what type we liked and had two large pots made with spring water. In Adelaide it is important to make sure that it is not tap water. For those who are not in the know, Adelaide water is foul. I feel I can say that because I live here. We had the Indulgent High Tea that was $30 a person. It was totally decadent and we both enjoyed the whole experience. I recommend it to everyone. Indulge yourselves. It was definitely the best birthday present ever.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank cushie05
Phil S, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback and kind words reflecting your experience at Stamford Plaza during your recent visit. I have passed on your compliments regarding our high tea to my Food and Beverage Director and Executive Chef and their respective teams and they will be commended for their service. We are always delighted to hear that our staff are upholding our exceptional service standards. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Lovely hotel right in the heart of Adelaide - got a great deal on Wotif. Very good staff and the room is very comfotable. Great location. I also did not rate the pin board info but that was small gripe in otherwise great stay. Would recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Phil S, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments of your experience. At Stamford, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service so I was pleased to read that you were generally satisfied with the service provided during your stay. The pin boards are a way of promoting other areas of the hotel and some great deals that may be on offer for our guests benefit. We will be reviewing this when we undergo our room refurbishment in the near future. Once again thank you for your feedback and trust that we will be welcoming you back in the near future.
Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Has everything you need. Yes food is a bit pricy, but the room rate makes up for that. So far Stamford has never been disappointing.

Stayed April 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for your honest feedback, we pride ourselves on having the best packages Adelaide has to offer and I am glad that you have we met your requirements and lived up to expectations. Perhaps on your next return you would like to try our Executive Lounge upgrade and experience conducting business more comfortably. Our new Food and Beverage Director is currently reviewing our menu selections in our restaurants and trust that when you return you will see a change for the better. Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Central location. Typical Stamford hotel - frustrating the have to pay for extras that many 4 star hotels provide for free eg. internet, movies - limited selection of cable channels. Biggest gripe is the pin-board full of brochures prominently displayed in the room - very tacky for a 5 star hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank kcpac
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. For your information the Stamford Plaza has undergone a full upgrade of our internet facilities recently within the hotel to offer WIFI services to all areas and this is competitively priced to other hotels. I have taken on board your comments regarding the pin boards within the room and will review this when we undergo our room refurbishment which is expected to commence within the next few months. They are useful in promoting other areas of the hotel and also at times have some great deals on offer for our in house guests. Again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Adelaide
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We were very lucky to be spoilt with a night of "luxury" at the Stamford last weekend, a gift from a wonderful friend. We arrived to what was a stunning entrance but once in our room were somewhat disappointed. This is rated a 5star accommodation yet we had a cork board with flyers pined to it beside our bed making the room very tacky in appearance. I woke several times during the night feeling very hot yet unable to cool down with no fan or air intake in the room. My husband didn't sleep well as he found the bed uncomfortable. The room was ok but not what I expected for 5 star. We weren't left feeling we had a "luxury" stay.

Seafood buffet was on the menu which neither of us eat so we ended up eating meals in our room. I must add that there is a verity of restaurants to eat at but the menu that appealed to us most was the 'in room' menu. Our bottle of wine was not in the room when we arrived and we had to request it. Our paper was missing in the morning and again we had to request another one.

Food was great, desert buffet is not worth $20 per person as they wanted to charge. Morning breakfast buffet was wonderful with plenty of options although the glasses were tiny so you either had a lot of a little amount or just had a little.

Staff are all wonderful and very helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BansemerGetaways
Dear Guest
Thank you for providing us your feedback of your recent stay. I have taken on board your comments regarding the pin boards for when we undergo our room refurbishment which we expect to commence within the next few months. This will also include and upgrade of our air conditioning systems and our beds. Our new Food and Beverage Director is currently reviewing and updating our menu selections in our restaurants and will be implemented in the very near future. I was pleased to note the In Room Dining menu was to your satisfaction. Your kind words regarding the staff are appreciated. We do look forward to hopefully welcoming back to Stamford Plaza and once again thank you for your feedback
port pirie
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stay quite regularly at the Stamford Plaza. The rooms are very comfortable and the views from the park view rooms are lovely. The staff are very helpful and TGs buffet breakfast and dinner are first rate. Alex and David in concierge / guest relations are a major asset to the hotel. We always look forward to our visits.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words for our Concierge staff. I have passed on your compliments to our Front Office Manager and they will be commended for their service. We are always delighted to hear that our staff are upholding our exceptional service standards. Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Sydney
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I travel quite a lot for business and whenever I am in Adelaide I have found the Stamford Plaza Adelaide a warm friendly place to stay, having tried numerous other hotels in and around the city none match the Stamfords warm and inviting staff on arrival.

Before I am out of the taxi the staff have my bag ready and waiting to be delivered to my room. The rooms are quite large with a wonderfull soft and inviting queen size bed - always a huge plus when travelling for hours. The restaurants are wonderful with tremendous ambiance and again the staff are always helpful and know the menu well to assist when undecided.

The hotel location is ideal, dead smack in the middle of the city with only minutes walk to shops restaurants parks and railway as well as tram networks

Whenever I stay in Adelaide, you know where I will be, home from home Stamford Plaza !

Why stay anywhere else?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, it is always nice for our staff to feel that the work that they take pride in is being recognized. At Stamford, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service so I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with the service provided during this and your previous stays and we appreciate your loyalty. I agree we do enjoy the best location in the CBD and central to everything. We do look forward to your return to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide