3,058 results
All reviewsla bocajunior spa suiteparliament houserooftop poolnorth terracebuffet breakfastfestival centreroom servicerundle mallvalet parkingacross the roadbit datedrailway stationexcellent locationart gallerystandard roombusiness trip
Reviewed September 23, 2011

For a five star rated and well known chain of hotels, this was a disappointment. While the room I had was large, with a large bathroom, and the hotel is well located to public transport and sites, the room and restaurant was disappointing.

The hotel room's furnishings were basic and the furniture had lots of water ring marks. There is a corkboard in the room with advertisements for the hotel's restaurants. The bath was shallow. The bed was comfortable.

The hotel restaurant we went to could only be accessed through a gaming room. The food was okay but not great.

While certainly adequate, it was not to the standard I would have expected.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Graeme G, Managing Director at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am disappointed that your stay was not all you expected and I appreciate your feedback as it enables us to improve upon our services and facilities. Kind Regards, Graeme Goldberg

Reviewed September 20, 2011

I spent three nights at the Stamford Plaza and had a very relaxing time. My room was very comfortable, and I particularly appreciated having a sofa for lounging on while I watched the footy on TV. I had a great view over the casino to the river and the Adelaide Oval, and I was able to watch the sun rising over the Adelaide Hills. When I arrived on Saturday afternoon there was a big wedding party in the lobby, but I was still registered quickly and efficiently. I had breakfast in my room on Sunday (generous servings and excellently presented) but for the other two mornings I ate in TG's Restaurant downstairs - a great selection of hot and cold items from the buffet (though slightly let down by coffee and tea from a machine rather than served individually) The hotel is on North Terrace, just round the corner from King William Street, and the main shopping area in Rundle Mall is just a block or so away. Finally, there was no problem about arranging a late checkout in exchange for a small extra charge.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
RajKakarla, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Dear Guest.,
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, along with our location and team's performance. We hope to have you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Booked a queen room and on check-in told only twin rooms available. Not great for 2 days of business. Manager, Rachel Atwell could not resolve and tried to upsell me to a junior suite. Nice bait and switch sales tactic. Never stay here again.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank PPP_11

Dear Guest,
I am sorry to learn you were less than impressed and I thank you for sharing your honest and open feedback. We certainly aim to provide the best facilities combined with friendly and professional service. I apologize for our staff not being able to resolve the issue of room allocation. You will also be interested in knowing that we are about to embark on a renovation of our rooms and look forward to you returning to see the new product.

I do hope your recent experience does not prevent you from visiting us again.

Reviewed September 17, 2011

Hotel is in a convenient location. Close to Mall & Casino. Stay close to main streets if you are on your own, as it backs onto the red light district. Late nights can have a lot of drunken people come out of the area. Otherwise there is no problem.
The Hotel rooms are clean, and pleasant. You can either get valet parking or park your car yourself. Parking is quite tight, but you park the car yourself. It is cheaper!
If you are coming in by train, the hotel is right across the road from the station.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you had a good stay. Stamford Plaza Adelaide Hotel is superbly situated in the heart of the city on Adelaide's key cultural boulevard, North Terrace. Our excellent location means that you're just a short stroll to the Adelaide Convention Centre, Casino, Festival Centre and Rundle Mall shopping, with the beach only 20 minutes away door-to-door, via the tram service. We look forward to your return in the near future to experience again, the many attractions that the location and the hotel has to offer.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I was in Adelaide for 4N/5D for a break. Booked everything through Expedia and stayed in room 1910 from 10-14 Sept 2011.

Everything was as per my expectation, plus an added pleasant surprise. I booked a Superior City View room (because of the lower rate). I requested higher floor, no smoking, room far from the lifts, and late check-out of 2pm.

I got all my requests, except that I forgot to request for an early check-IN. Arrived at Adelaide at 8.30am. Arrived hotel at about 9.00am. Was advised by front desk that I have the option to pay an extra AUD$20.00 for early check-in or wait until 1.00pm for regular check-in. I said I'll pay the extra early check-in fee.

In 30minutes, I got my room. and here is the pleasant surprise -- my room was on the 19th floor (top floor!), with the park view (instead of city view), of which I am very happy about. The view was spectacular! (Thanks Chandrajith!) Also, the room was huge, clean, and fresh.

Everything was within walking distance. Just in front of the hotel – casino, tram stop, free bus stop, cafes, atm’s, etc... Close walk to Rundle Mall.

Staff were helpful, informative and professional. Concierge assisted us with hiring a car, and making reservations to a restaurant. (Thanks David!)

The rest of the days of my stay has been smooth, pleasant and without hitches. Just how I had wanted it.

If I visit Adelaide again, I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: 1. request for higher floors 2. dont forget to request for early check-in or check-out in advance, if applicable.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
RajKakarla, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind comments and it is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and its unrivalled location close to all amenities; and services provided by our dedicated team.

We are always delighted when our guests appreciate our wholehearted efforts and aim, which is to make them feel happy with our facilities, product and services.

Thank you again for your comments and kind support extended to Stamford Plaza Adelaide.