“Excellent location ”

Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Collaroy Beach, New South Wales, Australia
“Excellent location ”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from Adelaide. Booked through Booking.com and got a great 5 night rate. Had king room on 13th floor. Arrived approx. 1.30pm and room was ready to check-in. Staff very friendly and professional.
Rooms are stunning, could do with a few more draws for belongings.
Bathrooms very clean and well appointed... No proper towel rail though to hang used towels.
Far enough from King William St to be quite but close enough so find my way around.
Pool was a bit cold temp wise but spa made up for it. Could do with a few more chairs as there were a few people most times and only 2 lounges. Gym area was good but a bit small for the amount if equipment.
Can't comment on meals as I dinned elsewhere.
Late checkout was great as I didn't fly out til lunchtime.
Light switches took a bit of working out, took me until last day to do so.
I would stay again & recommend to friends.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Korean first
Australia
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed here years ago and was very impressed, alas time has passed and the hotel has aged.
The desk service was good. I was checked in by an assistant manager who was polite and courteous with a style and confidence that was just right. He could teach a thing or two to the new breed of arrogant designer hotel desk staff that you find on unlucky days in Sydney and Melbourne.
My room was a sixth floor king suite. The view was onto the side street but a reasonable amount of light came in. The fixtures in the room showed a lot of scuff marks, the upholstered sofa and chairs showed stains and the whole room felt tired.
The bathroom had a hand basin spout that looked like an old copper pipe sticking out, but on closer inspection it was a designed spout fixture. Unfortunately it pointed up at 45 degrees and when the water was on it could spray over the basin onto you. The shower had good pressure but water leaked out from the door onto the floor. The toilet cistern over filled and dribbled out, needign a deft fiddle of the buttons to stop it running.The spa bath was pleasant.
The location is good and since I last stayed some great little restuarants have sprung up including the fantastic Press wine bar and Melt. Stroll across the Topham link to Peel Street and check out the Clever Little Tailor bar or Casablabla on Leigh Street.
Resist the $35 a day valet parking for the $6 weekend flat rate in the local council run U park opposite the hotel. Front facing rooms look at the car park, so you might as well get cheap parking there!
The cleaning it the rooms was a bit average, especially the toe nail clippings noticable just under the couch edge!
I like this hotel, and I think I was a bit unlucky with my choice and too busy to bother changing rooms. Give it a go, but change rooms if you are unahppy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Weymouth Street and high up.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
cbr
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We chose this hotel for the location to the reception venue for my brothers wedding. It was central too, to the Adelaide Markets which are a must-see!

The staff were really helpful, pleasant and friendly. They were always on hand to assist with our enquiries. I was sitting in the lounge area waiting for my partner thinking how much I could use a drink of water and two minutes later a glass of iced water was brought to me by one of the concierge guys (Greg I think? He had recently returned from a holiday OS) it was so much appreciated and a thoughtful gesture which was a representation I think of the service overall.

One thing that I will comment on. We stayed in an accessible room which was great for allocation and space. But I am one of these 'in-between' people who uses arm crutches. The bathroom became a real slip hazard. There is nothing to hang on to between the bathroom sink and the bathroom door. The floor is wet from the shower so sticks don't grip the floor.

Pool and spa was a welcome addition.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Marana, Arizona
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here two nights. Left luggage while traveling to Kangaroo Island. Upgraded to a suite both nights. Excellent staff. Very good breakfast included. Super 3 glass wine from Barossa Valley in bar for much less than cost elsewhere.

Stayed October 2013
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 26, 2013

What can I say about the Rendezvous... Nothing! We were booked in to stay there during the week and had been looking forward to it since the start of the month when I booked our Superior King Suite. It was for our anniversary and wanted somewhere special! We arrived at the hotel... No-one was at concierge so we took all of our belongings out of the car ourselves and proceeded into the hotel. Next we were greeted at the front desk, began to check-in at which point the staff at the front desk scurried behind the partition and sent someone else out to help us. Again, we stated our names to which we were told "Oh sorry I tried to ring you! The room you booked is out of order since last night... but dont worry we have found you another hotel. And that was it! No offer of another room in the hotel... Clearly in my opinion the hotel was over booked and we got bumped out. We were not asked if we had transport to the other hotel... no offer of breakfast as a compensation. Just an "I'm sorry" and that was it!.. no help back to our car again and the two staff at concierge were too busy talking and we had to wait for them to move the car that was parked in their driveway from before we checked in. We were then charged exactly the same amount for the Rendezvous room and when I compared the prices on the internet of the same room we were staying in at the new hotel it was LESS! To top it all off when we arrived at the new hotel we were told "they do this sort of thing all the time". What a dampener on something we had planned a month ago!! Pity were were the ones that were bumped Rendezvous.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lucy F
Brisbane
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed a week there recently. Room was spacious, clean and very comfortable on 4th floor. I had been apprehensive after reading some previous reviews but it was not noisy at all. Staff were what set it apart from many other city hotels we have stayed at. They, to a person, were very helpful, warm and welcoming. The included buffet breakfast was everything and more than you'd expect of a hotel buffet. Did not even get the car out on two of the days as you can walk to nearly everything in Adelaide from here. They have got it right this time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location, has good rooms and the reception staff are genuine and helpful in their welcome. There ends the good part of our experience. A vacuum cleaner graced the corridor for most of our stay. It would have been great if someone had actually used it to vacuum the carpet in the corridor and rooms - particularly the edges which were caked with dust. We weren't too impressed with the garbage bins in the rooms which had no liners and had not been washed out. The tray holding shampoo etc was really unclean. The young woman serving in the bar late pm was more interested in her personal conversation with another guest than serving us (kept other patrons waiting 5 mins +). It could have been great but it wasn't.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple