“perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Peppers Waymouth Hotel
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in Adelaide
“perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed at rendezvous for the second time last week ,its such a top notch hotel. staff so friendly and helpful. Great CBD location. Bed super comfortable and one of the best bath rooms I have ever seen in a hotel. Will definitely stay again

1 Thank Launn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Comfortable accommodation with all that is required to get some work done back in the room and central enough to grab a bite to eat. Great location for a short term visitor and I would enjoy spending a few nights there with my wife. Service was ok but not exceptional although the bar tender in the downstairs bar was very attentive and chatty. You would not be disappointed if staying for a few days especially on a business trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Stephen O
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We bought a deal off of the internet, the package included a superior room, late check out and buffet breakfast for 2.
We were both surprised at the size of the main room and bathroom, we expected a smaller room.
Everything that you could want was in the room and the central location made it easy to walk to rundle mall for some shopping. There are also many restaurants within easy walking distance.
Save on parking by using the Topham Mall car park directly across from the hotel. $6 flat fee for all day Sat and Sun.
The buffet breakfast wasn't too bad with a good selection. I wouldn't pay full price for it though.
We would stay here again for a night away to ourselves.

Room Tip: We stayed in 1212 and the air con was fairly loud. Not sure about the other rooms.
3 Thank Sydney200003
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I really like this place for something a bit different from the bigger hotel chains in busier areas if the CBD. Our stay was great, nice clean & modern room with everything we needed for a nights stay. Indoor pool was good & spa could have been a bit hotter but no big deal. Love this spot for a nice & quiet weekend away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Aussie-Traveller598
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I took advantage of what I thought was a great deal and have never been so disappointed with accommodation, especially a 5 star hotel. As soon as we walked into our room, I had a sense that it was not clean. On closer inspection, I wanted to get out. Dusty and grotty. Carpets not cleaned properly, old drip marks down table legs, grotty bathroom... I didn't want to touch anything. I called the concierge desk and after a second call, a staff member arrived to show me another room. We were upgraded to another room which appeared cleaner but in our opinion still wasn't up to scratch. We reluctantly accepted that we were getting what we paid for and didn't complain further. We stayed for 2 nights and during the second night I was awoken by constant door slamming. I discovered that we had been put on a midwife floor and the midwife (that I approached about slamming the doors in the early hours of the morning) told me it was "their" floor and I would need to speak to the hotel. I complained about the noise and the slamming was reduced. When we checked out later that morning, I mentioned my disappointment and was told that they were sorry but we should never have been put on that floor! I was also offered to call the hotel manager in the future if we decide to stay again and they would look after us. TOO LATE. I will say that the staff were a delight but they are wasted talent. Such a shame.

Room Tip: Don't bother
4 Thank MR_and_MRS_SLT
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

OK I need to explain, this is one of the most bizarre experiences I have ever had.
My wife and I stayed in an upgraded suite this week, and I cant complain about any aspect of the room or the service we received, albeit we didn't eat here.
The mattress on the king bed however (and it was one mattress not 2 x king singles pushed together) had the most massive depression in one side. How anyone had not complained about it or how the room service missed it whilst changing the sheets would be akin to missing the ocean whilst standing on Bondi beach. It was like sleeping in a wheelbarrow, or a canoe, or maybe a bathtub...you get the picture!

1 Thank Stumpy308
Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are staying at The Rendezvous as I write this review. The staff could do with some training in customer service and friendliness, especially the concierge. We've walked past them 3 times so far in 24 hrs without even a smile and hello. There is definietely no 'personal touch'. Room is clean, a bit dated, I would be extra annoyed if we'd paid full price. Room service is good, but menu limited as is the mini bar. The rooms are not sound proof and you can hear noise from the street, local night clubs and from neighbouring rooms. It is only our first night of 3, so hopefully it improves.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple