“Pleasant and Comfortable”

Peppers Waymouth Hotel
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were very surprised to find that we had a great view from our room. The superior king room was very spacious and well designed. The bed could have been more comfortable though. A 'pillow top' on the mattress would add additional comfort. The matress was quite firm. The heater rattled on and off during the night. The staff ensured me that maintenance would check this out after our departure. Our sleep could have been better. This was a little disappointing. The staff were very helpful during our stay. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 1024birthday
Write a ReviewReviews (3,601)

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for our two year anniversary and it was perfect. Our room was beautiful and spacious with a sectioned off lounge, bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom was marble with a spacious shower and bath with spa jet. we stayed in a deluxe king suite. It was gorgeous views of the city and included breakfast. We enjoyed our buffet breakfast which had variety. 10/10

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights on the 17th Floor. The highest floor is 18.

The first thing you notice is that there is no real parking. People are trying to check in and the valet is slow. The cars generally pile out to the street without being able to go forward or backup.

There is no one to help carry your bag, or open the door or assist in anyway when you arrive. It was ok for me as I only had one trolley bag. But notice there are always people wondering around trying to find someone to assist with the parking and their bags.

The checkin was not a pleasant experience. I asked if I could have a room away from the service lift and before I could even finish my statement, the checkin person told me that the room was already pre-arranged before my arrival. He didn’t bother listening. There was no friendly smile, no have a good day, nothing. I guess for a 5 star hotel, you’d really expect a bit more service.

The room was pleasant enough but nothing out of the ordinary from most hotel room. The nicest thing is that there is a separate bath from the shower. But the bathroom door cannot be closed. And there is no real privacy from the bedroom to the bathroom.

The daily room service was good with toiletries well replenished. But they do not wash your coffee cups.

Although I was on the 2nd highest floor, the sounds from the street and vehicles were still very loud and could clearly be heard every night.

I went to use the sauna. I am not sure if the heat simply could not turned up or it simply was spoilt but although the room was warm, it was not hot. Several people came into the sauna and walked out in disgust. There is no light in the sauna either so you have to sit in dark dim light, you can’t bring in anything to read as its too dark.

With the poor service all around, I decided not to utilise the restaurant or the bar.

For the same price, I would certainly try elsewhere the next time. The Hilton has the free tram directly across their hotel which would be more convenient in terms of location.

Room Tip: With the street sounds, definitely go higher floor although that didn't really help in my case...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank T5555
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel has a somewhat characterless 90s feel, but it is fine as a short stay hotel. I'd put it at the 4 star or below level. I paid a rate of A$110 on a wotif secret deal, and thought it was great value.
The service was great - very pleasant, and quick to respond to problems.
In the first room we were given the bathroom door would not shut and the plug in the bath did not work (not usually a problem but one of us wanted a bath). When the problems could not be rectified by the staff we were immediately upgraded to a room next door that was huge and had a balcony - the response from staff was much appreciated in all respects.
I had a perfectly pleasant 1 night stay there, and would certainly recommend it for a short business stay or for the right rate, but for a holiday I'd generally want a little more style and charm.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel.. The Hotel was well appointed, clean and had a great feel as were the rooms.. Our room was on the top floor so good views over the hills from our private balcony. The living room for this level of hotel was rather small, the bedroom and bathroom were huge and all rooms were very well appointed, well maintained and clean.. We also had problems with the taps as other guests had mentioned trying to turn them off proved to be very entertaining as well as a dripping shower which may have been caused by not being able to turn off the taps.. We also had a Spa in our room but with it being so small it was point less.. Which was a pity as we Love a good Spa.. We did not use the Restaurant but we did use the bar on the ground floor which was excellent.. The lady behind the bar was brilliant only to happy to serve and had a great personality.. Also the atmosphere in the bar was great with a good out look over the street front.. There is no on site parking but looking at congestion at the Valet Parking with its short drive way which we witness many times as we were coming and going we were very happy we did not bring the car.. Overall for what you pay it is excellent value and we would gladly stay again..

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better and the rooms on the East side seemed to have the better views..
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rowan M
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed only two nights, travelling by myself. My room was a single, on the top (18th) floor. The room was super clean and modern, with a cool glass wall between the main room and the bath. Lots of marble material tiles, and a good pillow selection. The mattress was quite good, 8/10. The two problems I had was the toilet tank valve kept dripping loudly in the bathroom, which was annoying at night. A quick midnight jury-rigged solution fixed it for the night, and I only reported it on checkout. The last, minor thing, was that the "hot" water only really got warm. Running a bath or shower meant running only the hot water. Especially annoying if you like a hot shave.
I didn't have a car, but I did notice that there was no customer parking. Valet only, and they park you car in some local lot apparently. Overall, I'd stay there again....great handy location. Staff very friendly and helpful with directions.

Room Tip: Go for the top floors...nice views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2013

People that book this hotel expecting a 5 Star experience will be disappointed. It is 4 Star at best.

The hotel staff seem to work tirelessly and nothing is too much trouble. But they are operating with one hand tied behind their backs because of the physical standard of the property which does not meet reasonable 5 Star expectations.

A simple example of this is the taps in the bathroom which seem to require a degree in hydraulic engineering to shut off. The mechanism is so worn that when you turn the taps off they go past the off point and turn on again! It took a while to work that out.

I found the bed very comfortable and the room spotless, but sometimes that isn't enough.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business