“Not 5 star”

Peppers Waymouth Hotel
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed July 3, 2013

People that book this hotel expecting a 5 Star experience will be disappointed. It is 4 Star at best.

The hotel staff seem to work tirelessly and nothing is too much trouble. But they are operating with one hand tied behind their backs because of the physical standard of the property which does not meet reasonable 5 Star expectations.

A simple example of this is the taps in the bathroom which seem to require a degree in hydraulic engineering to shut off. The mechanism is so worn that when you turn the taps off they go past the off point and turn on again! It took a while to work that out.

I found the bed very comfortable and the room spotless, but sometimes that isn't enough.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I had a business trip to Adelaide and booked Rendezvous Hotel- very good decision- well located, very clean, staff very attentive, room very comfortable and the bed was just so very very excellent- great night's sleep - very quiet also.
The appointments in the room were of a very good standard but there were 2 quirky aspects in the bathroom.
The tap (or should i say short pipe which was a tap) was strange- turn it on- the taps are far on the left hand side of the sink and if you turn the tap on too much (and that can be done so easily) you end up getting totally drenched as you can see from the picture- once organised you get used to it but must admit i was pleased I had a change of clothes.
Also the toilet is located directly opposite the floor to ceiling mirrors in the bathroom and i find it rather strange to have a full view of anyone using the toilet- interesting and quirky!!
However with quirkiness aside the hotel is very good.
I had room service and the food was well presented, very tasty and the actual room service was most professional and very speedy.
Thank you rendezvous i had a very pleasant stay at your hotel.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is the second stay we have had at the Rendezvous Hotel Adelaide.

The first stay was nearly 3 years ago, the first morning there was no hot water. When queried with the hotel staff they could advise a time when the issue would be resolved... making for a rather interesting morning considering it was the morning of my wedding. Eventually the hot water was restored however certainly did not make for the relaxing morning I had hoped for.

This stay we decided to have a relaxing weekend in town. We booked online for 3 people, 2 adults and our 1 year old child. When we arrived we were upgraded to a Spa Suite which was ideal for space with a toddler. However when we asked for a porta-cot we were told that it would be an additional $30, we queried this as we had not been told of this when booking. We were told that a king size bed is suitable for 3 people. As our son suffers a medical condition we were not particularly happy with this suggestion but felt $30 for a nights rental was excessive. We have stayed in a number of hotels with our child and not once have we been charged for the use of a porta-cot.

The king bed was also extremely hard, whilst I like a solid bed this made for a very uncomfortable nights sleep.

Also as a side note we were concerned as one of the preventative methods for SIDS is not to co-sleep, which clearly the hotel is not concerned about.

Room Tip: The higher the better as it reduces street noise on the weekends.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hamish G
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have stayed in a fair few hotels over time and have found this to be the most uncomfortable sleep I have ever had. The beds are so out dated that you can feel the springs, for a 5 star hotel its appalling I now know why they have a card next to the bed for in room massage you need one after sleeping in the bed. I have to say the food is pretty good but on that I will not stay here again, 2 nights is enough

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Bothere
Reviewed June 30, 2013

So I do not want to make this sound like a bad review because it is not meant to...however this was not a perfect experience.

Let me start with the good, the service and support was great. We were there early for business and the room was not ready so they took the bags and had them in the room waiting (normal but well done) and the staff were very friendly and helpful. It is hard to beat the location and the place was clean and tidy.

However, the bed was hard, the pillows were ordinary and in the morning I found out my TV does not work (so much for catching up on the news and the Today show!). The bathroom while clean had a few little issues that a better attention to detail would catch. Breakfast also was subpar, particularly as I ordered a made to order omelette and it really was ordinary. Finally, I worked from the room and listened to the mini bar re-stockist running down the hallway and knocking on doors yelling "mini bar, mini bar"...sure, I usually would not work from the hotel but that just smacked of cheap hotel behaviour.

Overall it was OK but not sure I would be staying here again even if it was a good price. A few small things would really lift the rating of this hotel in my view.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I am a bit mixed on this hotel. Upon check-in I was a bit shocked that I was in a room with 2 single beds...but, as I was keen to go out to dinner and was on business, decided to keep the room.

The rooms are large and luxurious. The bathrooms are a particular highlight. Luxury finishes, beautiful big bath and window from the room. Finishes in the room are understated and classy. Beds are OK but not that comfy...as I had a single bed (which I haven't slept in one for 20+ years) I found myself kicking the edges all night. But everything else works well. I was also on one of the top floors so I didn't get traffic noise etc.

One of my complaints is the light switches and bath taps in the rooms. I'm sure they're funky and classy but it took me a while to notice the switches had written on them (in exceptionally faint writing) the things they control...cos otherwise you're totally lost and pressing random buttons not knowing what to expect. Same with the bath taps...they're not the easiest to control and get the right temperature...and the fountain style basin is a bit splashy.

The hotel has some extra facilities (gym, pool, restaurants etc)....but the gym is pretty basic (almost an afterthought). It's a small room, basic equipment and one TV which had no remote and was keypad locked so you couldn't even adjust the volume/channel manually. Hope all guests enjoy Channel 9 at barely audible levels.

My main complaint is the room service breakfast. At $32 for the cooked breakfast it was pretty steep already (and they had the cheek to add the $4 tray fee which usually isn't added to breakfast orders in other hotels). The tray arrived quite late in the half hour window allocated to it (and when it got there, it was the wrong order so I had to scoff down what I could in a couple of minutes before racing to work). But the meal was pretty inedible anyway - eggs were average at best, toast was cold, bircher muesli tasted like citrus, bacon was fatty and undercooked, and the bakery items were all stale and inedible. Very disappointing...would have been better getting Maccas on the run!

Yeah so nice hotel but steer clear of the food.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've stayed here a few times for business- I've always found the staff good, the rooms good and also the food good- my only issue is that the noise of the city can be quite loud at night, depending on what floor and side you are on. Nots sure if there are upgrade plans for the future, but I definately think that double glazing woulkd be a bonus, other than that I have always enjoyed my stays.