“Good location, typical business hotel”

Peppers Waymouth Hotel
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Recently stayed here for two periods. Room was very clean, although as other people have commented, the clear glass window between the bedroom and the bathroom was possibly one design feature that shouldn't have got off the drawing board, although there was a screen that could be lowered. Very good bed with a choice of pillows. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good but not special, and the dining room was possibly one of the most dark, dull and featureless rooms I have ever eaten in! But overall absolutely fine place to stay

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed one night for a recent business meeting nearby and didnt get to enjoy meals or the facilities of the hotel but can report that the Superior King Room I had was fantastic. Great floor to ceiling windows with 180 degree city views, fabulous bathroom in the centre of the room with windows into the room, a great size separate shower a personal winner for me as I hate showers over the bath. This bathroom had a separate large bath and lovely toiletries.The only small issue I had was trying to work out how to turn the unusual taps on and off as there was no off point, it was a balancing act to stop them dripping in both shower and basin. The bed was super comfy and the reception staff efficient, friendly and very helpful. I would definitely stay there again, for the price I managed to secure the room at it was a steal.

Room Tip: I paid a few dollars extra for the superior king room and was not disappointed
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed overnight to attend an interview in Adelaide. Hotel is close to some great cafes, Rundle Mall, and supermarkets. Bottle shops are non-existant though (perhaps this is an Adelaide thing?)

The room was stunning. Comfy bed, amazing bathroom with a window into the room, beautiful toiletries, excellent service from both reception staff and room service.

If I have one criticism it would be that the taps in my room leaked a lot of you don't turn it to exactly the right place. Almost thought the bathroom would flood because I couldn't work out how to turn off the taps!!!

Overall, I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Rendezvous Hotel, most staff were extremely friendly and efficient, the room was beautiful and clean and most valets were fast and helpful. Great location close to everything with lovely restaurants nearby. Only let down was one time when my partner requested the car and waited for nearly 40 minutes before he went to enquire only to be told that the car had been ready for 30 minutes. That was a little dissapointing that they had seen us walk to the lounge and saw us waiting hadn't said anything... We didn't see the car because they parked it around the side street. Other than that we would definately return.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views so you're not looking into the offices.
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in March and was overall pleased with my stay.
PROS
Staff were helpful, check in swift and no complaints with how issues were sorted.
Room was a little dated but clean. Loved the coffee.
Very short walk to city centre, mini China town and indoor market.
Other reviews report an odd smell in the lobby, smelt fine to me.
CONS
30 dollars for breakfast when you can get it cheaper/better down the road.
The tap in the bathroom is bizzare and you cannot fill your kettle.

Overall I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Service in the lounge was just ok. After not being able to get into the restaurant up stairs the manager suggested we could eat in the lounge and order off the restaurant menu, which was fine. The young staff in the lounge we spoken to about the change. Clearly the two staff members did not have a manger overseeing them and were doing their own thing. They left our plates on the table for over 20 minutes while chatting behind the bar, I had to ask for more rounds, 3 times and they had internal issues i didnt care to know.
Your hotel clearly needs to spend time and invest in trainng your staff because at the moment you are loosing a lot of money due to not upselling and unattentive staff members.

Also you lounge is very outdated.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brash123
Reviewed March 30, 2013

A great place to stay. Great rooms...spacious, comfortable, everything you could want. Fantastic 'wet' area - spa, swimming pool, sauna... The only thing I found annoying is that I couldn't just sit in their lounge area and read....I was told 3 times that I had to buy drinks and food to stay there. Ummm...why when I am a guest?? All I wanted to do was read my book. Ended up having to go to a nearby cafe, order my cappuccino...and was left alone to read to my hearts content. All I can assume is that paying for a room wasn't enough....you had to keep spending if you moved out of the room. It didn't spoil my stay...Just thought it was a bit mean.

1  Thank annagoanna