“Lovely Room”

The Playford - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #4 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed just one night in a Loft suite and it was just wonderful we loved the room and the spa bath was fantastic. Everything was very clean and fresh. The swimming pool was a lovely place to relax and we spent a bit of time enjoying time by the pool. Overall i loved our stay. The only negative thing i have to say is at times a few of the staff members were quite snobby.

• Stayed: December 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (2,399)

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The hotel room was comfortable, the bathroom large and clean. In general I'd give this hotel a good review, but the restaurant wasn't worthy of a great hotel...

An initial booking for dinner didn't work, only one person was allowed to handle the bookings, and they were never there when i called. We had an informal lunch it was OK, not great.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We arrived late on New years eve and everyone we met who served us was very perky and happy to see us and welcome us.

The rooms were so-so considering the price, and had a view of the building in the alley next door. Room was big, comfy bed.

Hotel is in a fantastic location.

I think the best part was the breakfast the next day, amazing range of organic and different items to try on the buffet!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I LOVED this hotel!
I arrived quite late after having my flight cancelled by the airline and having to purchase a later one with another airline so I wasn't in the greatest mood when I arrived... but the girl on reception was super friendly and welcoming. In fact, everyone in this hotel was like that, so it didn't take long to snap out of that crappy mood.

My room was amazing. AMAZING. The bed was enormous and so comfy. I never wanted to leave that bed. The bathroom was beautiful and had lots of great products.
The whole room was really spacious and clean.

There was a sliding glass door leading into the outdoor courtyard area which I thought was great, but I didn't use it.

I was only in Adelaide for a day (well, less than that thanks to the airline..) and was catching up with friends and going to a show, so I didn't spend much time at the hotel. When I returned that night it was like walking back into the room for the first time. It was just so immaculate and beautifully decorated.

After I checked out I was waiting for a cab and the concierge was so nice and really funny. Even though I was leaving the hotel I still felt so welcome.

I'll definitely return. Hell, I wanna live there!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank airolgalaviv
Reviewed January 3, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank maxbell16
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at The Sebel from december 24 to december 27 2012. It was a great visit and we could not have enjoyed it more. This hotel has a perfect location in Adelaide and the service you get at this hotel is absolutly the best. We have stayed in many 5 stars hotels all over the world but almost none of them can compete with this hotel. The staff simply could not do enough for their guests. Their recommendation of restaurants was totally perfect, we ate in a wonderful greek restaurant they recommended on christmas eve and a wonderful italian restaurant the day after. The breakfast was also great. If you are going to Adelaide stay at this hotel. We are travelling around in Australia at the moment and Adelaide and The Sebel has been one of our best experiences.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Mossejente
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Not quite 5 star ( I rarely rate that high!), but still one of Adelaide's best, out of a reasonable only range. Well located on North Terrace, opposite the Casino, or easy to head north to the Barossa and Clare Valleys for the wine-lovers (and if you don't visit these places while in South Australia you need your head read!)..The Sebel group tries to be a bit more intimate than others of its ilk in Australia, and mostly succeeds. Expensive breakfast...

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business