“Fabulous location and pool”

The Playford - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Mount Gambier, Australia
“Fabulous location and pool”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed here for 1 week while in Adelaide for work. I got it really cheap on wotif so keep your eyes open for the specials. The pool, spa and gym are excellent. Room is large with comfy king size bed, large flat screen tv with digital channels and there is a lounge. I love the light in the wardrobe that comes on automatically when you open the doors. Nice bathroom with good quality toiletries. Good selection of teas and hot chocolate in the room. Its only a 5 minute walk to rundle mall or a 1 minute walk to the free tram. Staff are really friendly. The freshly squeezed juice in the cafe in the mornings is delicious. Food is excellent, in particular the trio of dips was excellent! I definitely recommend staying here- 5 stars all the way!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Poolandlocation

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I booked a night away in a loft suite for our wedding anniversary, and I'm glad we made that choice. The loft suite is spacious and comfortable, and the bathroom facilities are excellent. Ours has a large spa bath. Unlike many hotels, this hotel feels quite updated, while still having a classic feel. I can't stand old bathrooms in nice rooms, and was glad this wasn't the case.
Gym/sauna/pool/spa area is beautiful, and open 24 hours. I highly suggest you pack for use of this area. We went late at night, which was very fun and refreshing, and as check out is at 11 in the morning, you feel you can stay up late and enjoy everything the hotel has to offer.
The only complaint we would have, is the food at dinner could have been a bit better than it was. Though, still enjoyable, my fish had so much batter and very little fish, which made me feel quite sick. The service in the restaurant, and indeed, in the whole hotel, was fantastic, and we can't fault that.
Overall, a fun night spent celebrating.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank CaroBooth
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in late June . We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was spacious and clean. The staff had impeccable customer service skills. We would highly recommend this hotel and when in Adelaide we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I am an Accor Platinum A Club member. I stay in many hotels each year I have previously struggled to find an Accor hotel that I liked in Adelaide. I decided to try the newly acquired Sebel Playford.
What a pleasurable experience. I arrived mid evening and from the time the concierge took my keys to the point of leaving the next day, I don't think that I have stayed in a hotel where all of the staff I encountered where so engaged in the business. Front desk, restuarant, concierge, everyone was friendly, competent and happy. The room were of a high standard.. Dinner in the estuarant food was very good and not overpriced. Wine selection excellent. Breakfast was great.
This is a gem of a hotel. A credit to everyone working there. Congratulations to you all.
Will definitely be going back!
All Accor hotels - You should be using this hotel as your best practise model!
And Accor, don't change anything here. It ain't broke!

4 Thank 899Ash
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed one night here during our honeymoon in Australia. We got a good rate on the hotel website and our room was very comfortable for our one night stay.

When we arrived at the hotel there was a significant delay in checking into our room (around 15 minutes queuing) because a large group of people (whose flight out of Adelaide was cancelled, and were being accommodated by the airline) were all checking in. This wasn't an ideal start to our brief stay, but beyond the delay our welcome was friendly and our room was ready for us. The room itself was of a good standard, with a large bed, seating area, and all the usual furnishings you would expect of an upmarket hotel. See my photos for a better idea. It is certainly more than what you need as a base in Adelaide, though it has something of a "chain hotel" feel about it. In the morning our checking out again involved a short queue, though this time we were processed within a few minutes. We tried to get coffee from the hotel cafe (at the end of the lobby) but they took so long to brew it that we had to abandon our purchase and get to the airport!

Overall this is a materially nice hotel, but the waiting time to interact with the staff (whether it is to check in or check out, or indeed to buy coffee!) is too long for a five star hotel, and on this basis I'd give it 4 out of 5. When we returned to Adelaide a few days later, we stayed in an alternative hotel that had generally better service, a similar standard of accommodation, and a better price.....

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank so3003
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Been hearing stories about how good this hotel is and today it didn't disappoint me!

From the moment we stepped in, we were greeted warmly. It was 12 p.m. and we asked if we could check in early. Happily complied. Had lunch at the restaurant downstairs. It was good and reasonably priced.

Everything about this hotel is just so nice. From the large rain shower to the sachets of hot chocolate, it would appear to me that someone has spent a lot of time actually thinking about their hotel guests. I am sick of having only coffee and tea in the room so I started carrying my satchets of hot chocolate around. But this is just very thoughful of them.

The concierge was very helpful when I asked them where to park. The parking is just across the road - $15 per day for multiple entry. Ample parking on the multi storey carpark.

The best gym I have ever seen in a hotel so far - at least duplicate sets of every type of gym equipment. They all work and there was no broken bits hanging off the treadmill. The equipment must be fairly new as they have ipod docking station with ipod controlllers on the equipment panel. The pool is heated and indoor. There is a sauna too.

For less than $200 a night, this is a ripper!

2 Thank southsoul
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying for the night at the Playford on a business trip to Adelaide. The hotel is in a great location across from the casino and arts precinct, and a short walk to the Rundle St Mall. Check-in and out was very smooth, and they even threw in an upgrade to a larger room, a shame I was only there the one night to enjoy it! I also had dinner in the restaurant and the food was excellent, well worth a visit even if you aren't staying at the hotel. The staff were very attentive and courteous, and the room large, modern, well fitted out and very clean. Well worth a stay for business or pleasure if you are in Adelaide.

1 Thank MichaelBTraveller