Stayed one night and what I really like about this hotel is attention to detail. This is a hard task to achieve, as its not enough for the manager to decide we gonna do that - it requires a lot of effort from the whole team - and I think they did it really well.
The rooms are reasonably new, clean and well maintained. Service is excellent and friendly.
I had a view of their main street - probably the busiest city street, so it was interesting to watch, during the night it was reasonably quiet (I actually slept with an open balcony door).
Swimming pool looked nice but I haven't used it.
TV had lots of stuff to watch, but I didn't have much time to do that.
Breakfast is on a pricier side, but well worth it. Make sure you get there well before 10:30 though as they remove the plates very quickly, and even though they say you can request them to cook it for you - normally I can't be bothered asking. Especially if the plates were removed before you saw them - how do you know what can you ask for?
Actually, I did order pancakes and they were inedible (the person who cooked them should go back to school as it's one of the basics). not only they were cold when they brought it to me, they tasted worse than ... I don't know what. and the texture wasn't good either. So don't bother ordering them. (as a side note, I usually order them in hotels where I stay, so know what I'm talking about)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Playford, MGallery by Sofitel, is a boutique five-star hotel located in the heart of Adelaide on the vibrant North Terrace. Offering the perfect blend of classical style and contemporary luxury, the stunning Art Nouveau ambience flows through all 182 beautifully appointed guestrooms, studio spa suites and New York style loft suites. 24-hour guest facilities include a fully equipped Health Club with indoor heated pool, spa and sauna, business centre and guest laundry. Located only 9km from Adelaide International Airport and ideally situated within walking distance to the Festival Theatre, Convention Centre, Adelaide Casino, Parliament House and the central business district. Recent accolades include: 'Best Luxury Accommodation' South Australian Tourism Awards 2015 with induction into the Hall of Fame 'Best Deluxe Accommodation' Australian Hotels Association Awards 2015 'Best Restaurant Accommodation Division' Australian Hotels Association Awards 2015 with induction into the Hall of Fame 'Best Restaurant in a Hotel' South Australian Restaurant and Catering Awards 2015 'Two Glass Winner' Gourmet Traveller Wine List of the Year Awards 2015 Judged Australia's Best Luxury Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline and HRS so you can book your The Playford - MGallery by Sofitel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Playford Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Sebel Playford Adelaide
- Sebel Playford Hotel Adelaide