“attention to detail”

Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Sydney
“attention to detail”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Stayed one night and what I really like about this hotel is attention to detail. This is a hard task to achieve, as its not enough for the manager to decide we gonna do that - it requires a lot of effort from the whole team - and I think they did it really well.

The rooms are reasonably new, clean and well maintained. Service is excellent and friendly.

I had a view of their main street - probably the busiest city street, so it was interesting to watch, during the night it was reasonably quiet (I actually slept with an open balcony door).
Swimming pool looked nice but I haven't used it.

TV had lots of stuff to watch, but I didn't have much time to do that.

Breakfast is on a pricier side, but well worth it. Make sure you get there well before 10:30 though as they remove the plates very quickly, and even though they say you can request them to cook it for you - normally I can't be bothered asking. Especially if the plates were removed before you saw them - how do you know what can you ask for?
Actually, I did order pancakes and they were inedible (the person who cooked them should go back to school as it's one of the basics). not only they were cold when they brought it to me, they tasted worse than ... I don't know what. and the texture wasn't good either. So don't bother ordering them. (as a side note, I usually order them in hotels where I stay, so know what I'm talking about)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank sniga

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
Melbourne
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Couldn't fault the Sebel Playford. Jason at Reception was very helpful, and the Concierges were accessible and knowledgeable, particularly Danae, who actually followed up with us the next day for our views on where we ate and what we thought of the show we saw. Generous sized rooms, great showers and delicious breakfasts. An extra free espresso voucher when we checked out was a very nice gesture and great mood-enhancer. What's not to like?

1 Thank spiderbait
Melbourne
Reviewed March 14, 2012

My Husband and I stayed at the Sebel for two nights last weekend. We were in the Sebel guestroom on the second floor . The room was much bigger than what I thought it would be. our room looked out to a courtyard with a massive air conditioning unit situated outside our room. The noise didn't bother us though.
The room had a comfy King sized bed and pillow menu to choose from.
Bathroom was standard with a bath/shower combo with a fantastic rainshower head.
The organic bath products were lovely.
The parking option of self parking at $15 per day is much more economical than valet parking at $30 per day. Parking garage is only across the laneway.
We didn't eat at the Sebel, but had drinks in the lounge area which is decorated in art deco style.
We went for a swim in the pool in the basement. The pool area has a spa as well as a sauna. Next to this is a very well equipped gym.
All in all , a very relaxing stay.

Room Tip: if you are a light sleeper , avoid rooms 206 - 217 on the second floor due to the air con unit
2 Thank Dudleydog99
Gold Coast
Reviewed March 14, 2012

The Playford is a LOVELY Hotel. Beautifully furnished. One of the nicest in Australia. Front desk staff were excellent! Restaurant staff not so much. I was upgraded to a loft suite which was stunning though not really practical (getting up for the bathroom in the night is a long walk downstairs and then upstairs again etc) - and had a noisy air conditioner. I add these concerns because everything else is simply lovely.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AuTravelots
Henfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I am talking about Marco Angeletti, Ambassador of The Sebel Playford Hotel Adelaide. As soon as we arrived in the lobby he had taken control. He had introduced himself, taken our luggage, escorted us to our 6th floor room and presented the flowers and chocolates that I had requested. Then my wife mentioned a problem with the heel on one of her shoes. Again he took control of the situation and within a few hours they were repaired and delivered to our room. Old fashion standards. I thought they had almost disappeared. It was wonderful.
The room was of a very high standard, the hotel restaurant excellent and location on North Terrace very handy for museums, shopping and restaurants. A very memorable 6 days stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew S
Warwickshire, England
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We saw good reviews on TA and they were right. Good location right on North Terrace. Good car park just over road....$15 per night and more if you want valet parking. This is fairly typical of big city hotels. The place is a little old fashioned but quirky. Very clean, nice room, TV, bathroom etc. Free internet if you join their Sebel Club so worth it. Very good laundry room in basement, next to super gym and pool. No safe in room. Staff fantastic, really helpfull especially Marco the concierge who knew Adelaide and the surrounding area's like the back of his hand. We eat in the restaurant one night and the food was excellent. Not a cheap stay but we really enjoyed our 5 nights there.

2 Thank 1468VX
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I booked the Sebal for 1 night as part of a supprise for my wife on our 10 year wedding anniversary. I booked the Sebal as this is where we had our reception and stayed the night 10 years ago.

I mentioned that it was a specail occasion to the booking staff when I made the booking, as they asked are you staying here for any special reason.

When checking in the receptionist welcomed me as I checked in early. I had booked the Loft suit which is $315 per night. After paying the full amount in advance and was given the room card I said to her " is there any chance of an upgrade? As it is my 10 anniversary and we got marride hear". Her reply was "oh yes I saw in the notes that it was your anniversay,( mind you she didn't even congratulate me!) We can upgrade you to the north tce king room but there is a difference in price!" I said that that is not an upgrade if I have to pay for it! So I left my overnight bag with the porter and left.

I returned with my wife before going out to dinner, when we got to the room our bag was not there. I called reception and they said that they didn't know who's bag it was so I described it and they bought it up.

Don't get me wrong the Hotel is beautiful and the room was great but for the reception staff to know that they have guests spending their 10th wedding Anniversary at their hotel and not t say anything is rediculous. There was not even a morning paper!!

If the Sebal didn't have so many great memories for us then I would have spent the night at another Hotel.

Room Tip: The loft suits are great but dont expect anything complementary!!
2 Thank pauli355