“Nice and close”

Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley
Ranked #16 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We have stayed here a few times on our trips to adelaide. It good value for money, clean and the servise is good. If you have a big car i would suggest parking in the public car park next to the hotel as the guest car park is tiny.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Adventure911
SalesAdelaide, General Manager at Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Adventure911

It is always a pleasure to read when our guests have enjoyed their stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Although the place looks quite tired and the bathroom shower tiles not very clean, overall we were happy with our stay. The beds are soft, but the linen is white crisp and clean. I was excited that the tv had foxtel, however I didn't get the chance to even turn it on. Take your own towel up to the pool, I didn't as I was told there was some there, but as I couldn't find them, I went back up the lift without a towel. Pool closes at 10pm, probably best to go late at night because during the day it is full of little children jumping everywhere, even into the spa. Or maybe early at 6am when it opens and the kids are sleeping. The best thing about this place is that there is a mcDonalds in very close walking distance :) The air conditioning works well. Staff were very nice and helpful. The room was spacious. We stayed there while the Fringe Festival was on (the night of the parade) and we didn't have any problems with noise, I think we were on the quiet side of the hotel thankfully. We plan to stay there on our next visit :)

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, make sure you get a room that is facing away from Hindley st.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
SalesAdelaide, General Manager at Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear truenorth27

I appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests by expressing their opinons both positive and negative.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you next visit Adelaide.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have stayed at the Grant Chancellor many times and as late as last weekend my wife and I stayed there again and as in the past enjoyed our stay. This time we scored a luxery room and this was very spacious and terrific. The customer service at the desk and the breakfast room is second to none. Well done people. Jack

Room Tip: all rooms are good but the higher floors are terrific
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JSVx
SalesAdelaide, General Manager at Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear JSVx

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay once again by commenting on our staff and the facilities.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel once again in the near future.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great location right in the center of town and within walking distance to great places to eat, parks, as well as the fantastic city market. Be advised, this hotel is on Hindley street, which has lots of strip clubs and seedy bars, but the hotel was very nice and we heard no noise whatsoever in our rooms. The internet is expensive and landline only. Also, if you turn it into wifi and use more than one device in the room, you will be charged for each device!! That one caught me off guard. Nevertheless, large and comfortable rooms and all of the tour companies picked us up right at the hotel front. Concierge was friendly and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel and thought it was a great deal for the price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
SalesAdelaide, General Manager at Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear Taylor B

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend our venue in future.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

right in the heart of town near the convention centre is normally the precent for the upmarket = expensive luxury hotels way above my allocated work budget. This hotel sneaks into the downtown location for a more modest price yet still had very nice rooms that punch above their weight in terms of amenity for the price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
SalesAdelaide, General Manager at Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear davidhughtaylor

It is always a pleasure to read when our guests have enjoyed their stay by commenting on our facilities.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Very large comfortable room with king size bed, luxurious bathroom and so quiet.
Located just a hundred metres or so from Rundall Mall it it a great stepping out place to explore this olde worlde charm that is Rundall Mall.
Reasonable close to the river (?)
The staff are so attentive and willing, the dining room is clean and neat and tidy and plenty of choice of food.
There is free internet in the foyer limited to 30 minutes per person, but it is there.
Should I return to Adelaide one day, this will be my choice of accommodation

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
SalesAdelaide, General Manager at Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Traveller6002

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley. It is always a pleasure to read when one of our guests have enjoyed their stay by commenting on the staff and our facilities.

Again, thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed here three nights. The room was well appointed, fairly large and comfortable. The overall hotel was nice. The pool was fine. The location was good - close to Rundel Mall and a quick walk to the Central Market. One complaint was lack of free WiFi. I don't think I've been to a hotel in years that didn't have free WiFi. I think it was a reasonable value for the money and it was sufficient, but nothing particularly extraordinary.

Room Tip: Go for an upper floor, from what I can determine.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Daveinchch

Thank you for taking the time to express your recent stay at Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley. With regards to your comments we do have free internet available within our Business Centre and also located at our Reception desk and I apologise if this was not made known to you during your stay.