“Great location”

Ranked #19 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Townsville, Australia
“Great location”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

in what would have been my 2nd visit to Adelaide and Quest on King William was actually a recommendation by a friend. I stayed 3 nights in a queen 1 bedroom apartment. Check in was quick, the receptionist was friendly and amiable. my room's a bit cramped up really, bedroom separated only by a folding door, but that's acceptable for me. bed is comfy too. Noticed they don't service rooms on weekends, but I was surprised they cleaned my room on Saturday. I arranged and settled all my bills ( credit card) the night prior to my departure ( leaving Adelaide for 6.05am flight) and reception closes at 11 pm; and I was told by the receptionist to just leave the room key at the reception counter past the grill enclosure. It's a bit eerie in the lobby by myself waiting for the taxi to take me to the airport at 4am. But it's was a safe trip. And yes, I would certainly recommend this apartment hotel, and definitely would stay here again

Room Tip: Corner and higher floors
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank jiem888
Quest on K, Guest Relations Manager at Quest on King William, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
All staff at Quest on King William are very pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable.

We we taken on board your comments in regards to the lobby area, and are looking at ways to improve the atmosphere after hours.

I can inform you that all apartments are serviced six days per week, with stock and amenities being available from reception on Sundays.

Thank you kindly and we will see you next time.

Peter Oliver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Bunbury
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Spent 2 nights here and found the location to be excellent being close to Rundle Street Mall and only a 10 minute walk to the Central Markets. Bus to the AAMI Stadium AFL football game is just 50 metres away and the tram to Glenelg goes right past the door. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Kitchenette area is a bit claustrophobic but otherwide the apartment was clean, spacious and comfortable. Would definately recommend.

Room Tip: King William Street side of hotel is quite noisy at night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Julie R
Quest on K, Guest Relations Manager at Quest on King William, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hi Julie,

Quest on King William appreciate your time in providing such feedback.

We hope your journey to AAMI Stadium ended in success and look forward to having you return again next time around.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night and it was fantastic. Location is excellent, very friendly staff at reception, great apartment and good value for money. We had a 2 bed apartment on the 4th floor and it was spacious and well- appointed. The old building has lovely high ceilings which made the apartment seem even bigger. Our apartment was in the corner so we had dual aspect views to both King William St and Grenfell St. My only criticism was that the outside of the windows needed a clean so we could get an even better view.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Quest on K, Guest Relations Manager at Quest on King William, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
On behalf of all Quest on King William staff, thank you for your kind words and generous score.

We genuinely hope you are in need of accommodation in Adelaide again and we get the chance to have you return.

Kind Regards,
Sydney
Reviewed May 3, 2013

These mini-apartments, although a little dated, come with all mod cons, and I found mine to be clean, and the staff were very friendly. There was everything I needed for one night - small bathroom, lounge area, and kitchenette in a very central and convenient position.

However, during the night, at various times, there was noise from an adjacent building across a small lane, and this woke me several times, which was disappointing, as otherwise I would have no hesitation in returning.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the side lane
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Quest on K, Guest Relations Manager at Quest on King William, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Quest on King William appreciate the time taken in submitting your review.

We understand that sounds emanating from our CBD surroundings can occasionally be an issue. We will always do our best however, to minimise any such disturbance, and welcome requests for quieter rooms when booking.

We trust the rest of your stay at our property was pleasant and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 5 night for work recently. The staff were very nice and helpful. I had a 1 bedroom apartment that was quite nice but a little small. I found not having parking on site was very inconvenient, a few blocks away and not easy to drive directly to during weekdays. I had to make sure that I only parked during the day as a lot of the lights were out, so a bit scarey at night. Also very difficult when you have luggage, being so far away.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sally H
Hi Sally,

The staff at Quest on King William appreciate your comments, and wish to thank you for sharing your experiences.

As we take the security of our guests very seriously, we have spoken with the operators of the car park to ensure the lighting is fully operational, and to ensure all future guests are comfortable using the facility.

Australia
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed in a one bed apartment for four nights while in Adelaide to work at a conference.
The location is great - very close to the Rundle Mall and an easy walk to the Convention Centre, North Terrace attractions, Hindley St for entertainment and Gouger St for restaurants.

The "kitchenette" is tiny with very little bench surface - but they fitted in a microwave, half size fridge, minimally stocked cupboards and a funny little portable hotplate. It was OK to fix breakfast, but would be pretty frustrating if you wanted to cook anything else.

The bathroom was very spacious but had a tiny shower cubicle plus a bath and a great expanse of tiled floor - not a great use of space.

The fittings were very old (wooden cupboards, no dishwasher, tired curtains) but carpet and furniture looked as though they had been replaced more recently (certainly not new but good condition). It had windows in the living area and bedroom which were double glazed and could not be opened.

I booked it directly through their website at a bargain price, so I would say that it was about right for the money. If I paid full price though, I'd feel that it didn't measure up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BVBV
Quest on K, Guest Relations Manager at Quest on King William, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Quest on King William expresses it's gratitude upon receiving your review, and would like to address some of the points you raised.

The one-bedroom apartments are designed for travellers on a budget, with basic self-contained amenities. Our staff are more than happy to supply additional items of cutlery/crockery if required, as well as some other items upon request (rice cooker, coffee plunger etc). There is also the option of having your meal delivered of course, via one of our restaurant partners with charge back facilities available.

For those wanting more sophisticated accommodation, all our two-bedroom apartments contain full kitchens. These Include an oven, four-burner stove, dishwasher as well as ample bench space.

We trust that your time in Adelaide was enjoyable and hope we get the chance to accommodate you again soon.

Guest Relations Manager
Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
Reviewed April 22, 2013

After a crappy ride with a rip of taxi driver, who attempted to over charge me, and dropped me off 1 km from my hotel, I finally checked in, the Reception staff were fantastic, I must of looked cranky and annoyed, they upgraded my room, asked if I needed anything. Totally brillant, couldn't ask for better service.
Room was wonderful, spacey and comfortable, hotel close to Rundle Mall. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Didn't eat at the restaurant and there isn't a pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Nichole B
Hi Nichole,

Thank you for time in leaving such a kind review.

We empathised for the situation you were faced with and wanted to do all we could to help get your time in Adelaide back on track. It is pleasing to know this was achieved, and certainly hope you returned home safely.

We would love to have you stay with us again, and hope to see you soon.

Guest Relations Manager