“Excellent staff, comfortable rooms.”

Quest on King William
Ranked #19 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
“Excellent staff, comfortable rooms.”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

After a crappy ride with a rip of taxi driver, who attempted to over charge me, and dropped me off 1 km from my hotel, I finally checked in, the Reception staff were fantastic, I must of looked cranky and annoyed, they upgraded my room, asked if I needed anything. Totally brillant, couldn't ask for better service.
Room was wonderful, spacey and comfortable, hotel close to Rundle Mall. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Didn't eat at the restaurant and there isn't a pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Nichole B
Quest on K, Guest Relations Manager at Quest on King William, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hi Nichole,

Thank you for time in leaving such a kind review.

We empathised for the situation you were faced with and wanted to do all we could to help get your time in Adelaide back on track. It is pleasing to know this was achieved, and certainly hope you returned home safely.

We would love to have you stay with us again, and hope to see you soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Very close to the shopping mall and food. The room was nice and big, the beds were comfortable besides the sofa bed which was a bit rough. Parking was a bit of an issue as we hired a car and unloading had to be done on a very small back street and unfortunately parking is over a block away. Adelaide is a great place an certainly changed since we were last here 16 years ago.

Overall the Quest was a great place for our family of 5.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A very old fashioned place in need of an update. Check in and check out were efficient and friendly. Lots of do and don't rules and instructions. Some street noise but not too bad. Room was an odd configuration with a double bed (haven't had one of those for a long time!) that wasn't that comfortable. No glitz or glamour but was a clean place to stay in a central location. Probably would not go there again if given a choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank margnmike
Quest on K, Guest Relations Manager at Quest on King William, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Good morning,

Quest on King William understand the need to continually improve and update our facilities and the refurbishment process is already under way.

Upon check-in we offer a simple information sheet to keep guests informed of our property's procedures, terms and conditions. We believe this is an effective way to communicate with all guests to ensure a hassle-free experience.

We appreciate your comments and sincerely hope you can consider returning should you require accommodation in the future.

Kind Regards,
Bay of Plenty
Reviewed March 29, 2013

After seeing Quest on King William on web site, I thought it looked a great property and booked for one night in a one bedroom apartment.

The location is very good, in the middle of Adelaide CBD. The rooms are double glazed and we could only hear faint traffic sounds.

The building is old, which is fine. The reception area is very bland. The morning receptionist was pleasant.

The apartment is not huge, although it did have a separate, closed off area for bedroom. The apartment decor is average (a little tired). Bathroom looks tired. The TV reception was very poor and TV quite a small size.

At AUD$168.49 (included $2.49 fee for using a credit card) I thought it was expensive.

There is no restaurant, although plenty of shops and restaurants within a five minute walk.

Trams and buses are a two minute walk from apartment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Catherine S
Quest on K, Guest Relations Manager at Quest on King William, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hi Catherine,

Quest on King William were disappointed to read that your time with us was not up to expectation.

I can assure you that your feedback is valuable in assuring we continue to improve our business, and I have recommended that the reception area and bathrooms are the next to be focussed on.

Please also note that rates can vary depending on the time of year, and with many festivals/events occurring during March, the demand for accommodation was at a maximum.

We hope we get the chance to see you next time for a longer visit.

Whitstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed for two weeks in a one bed apartment we were lucky to get anywhere due to clipsal fringe and festival
It would be a good place to stay for a night or two because it is very central but we found it wearing for two weeks
It was very hot when we were there so difficult to stay out for too long at a time
My husband was working and I needed to pass the time while he was at work
I found the housekeeping annoying. I usually went out in the morning for a couple of hours however when i got back the room was rarely serviced
I doubt very much if our bed Linen was. CHanged in the two weeks we were there and there was no mechanism to request it to be changed
I was not too impressed with the housekeeping
The reception staff were very helpful
The apartment itself was small
Only a window in the bedroom which was small and did not open
No other windows
The bedroom was separated from the living area by a folding door
I would be more Inclined to call it a studio rather than a one bedroom apartment
We were told by the booking department that the apartment had a full kitchen
It did not
It was a very small area with two cooking rings but no space around it it had a sink and a small fridge plus a microwave kettle and toaster
However since every thing was squashed in a very small space we considered it a safety hazard
There were electric leads encroaching on the heating rings and also the sink
Not conducive to cooking maybe making toast or microwaving but little else
It was clean when we arrived but we considered the housekeeping whilst there inadequate
I think if we had been staying one or two nights we would have been more happy with the accommodation
It is not good for a long stay

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank ginger035
Quest on K, Guest Relations Manager at Quest on King William, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Quest on King William appreciate your time in writing such an in-depth review.

We understand that some areas of your stay did not meet expectations and I'd like to elaborate on those areas in further detail.

Your apartment should have been given a light service daily, including having bins changed and amenities restocked. If on any day, the 'do not disturb' sign was placed on your apartment door, your service would have been omitted.

Our housekeeping records indicate that your linen was changed twice during your stay - March 1 and March 6 - which is in line with the standard schedule given to longer stays. Our reception staff are always willing to alter the housekeeping schedule should it become inconvenient.

All of our one-bedroom apartments contain a kitchenette, and we apologise that this was not indicated when your reservation was made. We have spoken to our Customer Contact Centre, and they actually have the correct property information, so we are still unsure where your enquiry originated.

I hope that this information clarifies matters, and we sincerely hope that you consider returning to Quest on King William for a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I absolutely loved the the spa room. It had lots of space and the bathroom was huge. The room is very modern and clean. I would stay here again for sure. The location is excellent very close to anything you nred in the city area. The one and only problem i found and it may not be a problem for other people but the car park is not on site you have to go and park in a car park and its a fair walk so i would highly suggest if you have alot off bagage leave it there when you go to motel to check in and get your parking ticket as i wasnt told this and had to lug my heavy suitcase and other stuff back to the motel. Theres a small lane behind the buliding you can park whilst checking in and out if someone needs to go get the car i also wasnt told this at first and drove around looking for a park for awhile.

Room Tip: Spa room was great lots of space.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RySo
Canberra
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have stayed in a few different apartment properties in Adelaide over the years - this was certainly one of the best I have encountered, although my stay was one night only
The location is excellent, just a short walk from all that the northern end of the city offers in shopping, dining and cultural pursuits
The quality of the property is obvious from the moment you arrive, with helpful and friendly staff, a high level of cleanliness and maintenance, and the rooms are great in all respects
I stayed in a one bedroom apartment with comfortable bedding and pillows, heaps of space, functional lighting, and all furnishings high quality and in very good condition
The bathroom was enormous, with a spa (much more than I expected), and all the supplies were high quality
Air conditioning was sorely needed at the time of my stay but it functioned very well and the whole stay was very comfortable
I did not use most of the out-of-room facilities (gym, etc) due to my short stay but I would be confident that they too would be of high quality
In a slight downside, I was conscious of some traffic noise from the corner of King William & Grenfell despite the effective glazing; but overall it was much quieter than a lot of apartments I have occupied in other cities.
I got a pretty good deal for my one night stay, however shop around for good tariffs because you do pay well for this level of quality
Overall: (4.5) a great location; pretty good rates, given that it is high quality in all respects

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you are easily disturbed by (muted) traffic noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank canberra_no_mad_1
Quest on K, Guest Relations Manager at Quest on King William, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Quest on King William wish to pass on our gratitude, after reading such an honest, in-depth review. The fact that our business made such an impression from a one-night stay is something we take great pride from.

We are very fortunate to have apartments facing all directions, so meeting any requests for quieter rooms, specific views, low and high floors are usually achievable.

Again thank you for your time and we look forward to your return stay.