“Very comfortable”

InterContinental Adelaide
Ranked #9 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple of nights while attending a conference in a corner room on the 11th floor with nice views of the city. The room was luxuriously appointed as would be expected with very comfortable bed, linen, towels and robe, also quality toiletries. The bath and shower were a nice treat. There were ample power points with 4 on the desk and one next to the bed. My room service breakfast was very large with a price to match. The only suggestion for improvement would be more bench space in the bathroom. My stay was very enjoyable.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Naomi B
ICAManagement, Manager at InterContinental Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Standardrose

Many thanks for providing your feedback from your recent stay at InterContinental Adelaide.

I trust your conference was enjoyable and you were able to discover more of our city at some stage during your visit.

May I thank you for complimenting us on the guest room you enjoyed and for highlighting the comfortable bed, linen, towels and bathroom along with the toiletries. Also appreciate your suggestion for more bench space in the bathroom which is taken on board.

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,837)

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I enjoyed my stay in the InterCon Adelaide. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the location of the hotel perfect with wonderful views. When I went to Kangaroo Island for 2 days they were able to store my large bag overnight and the bag was already in my room when I arrived back the next day. The selection of cushions in the room is also excellent, which makes a big difference. Will definitely stay here again when in Adelaide.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear Lucette B

Thank you very much for mentioning your recent enjoyable stay at our hotel.

It was very pleasing to hear you were attended to with such fine service by our staff. In particular thank you for highlighting the assistance you were provided with for storing your bags.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in March. This was our third stay and the hotel. It has the best Club Lounge I have ever seen. The Crowne Plaza in Paris could learn a lot from this hotel. The whole experience was excellent.

Room Tip: Get a Club Room overlooking the river
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RockyBubbles

Dear RockyBubbles

Thank you for returning to stay with us. It was a pleasure to welcome you.

We were all delighted to receive your accolades for our Club InterContinental Lounge and thank you very much for sharing your appreciation.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here whilst on a business trip. We were attending a conference at the convention centre and this hotel is superbly located.

The view over the parks and to the Adelaide cricket grounds where fantastic.

I was a little surprised that they still have a self serve coffee machine instead of a proper barista, which is more common among this hotel chain.

The rooms are a great size, with comfortable beds and a great selection of mini bar treats. I would recommend that they invest In some proper pillows. Even after I called down to get some foam or latex pillows I was delivered two barley there rubber pillows that were no better than the display pillows. (First world problems I know).

The free access to unlimited wifi that is offered to all IHG members is a great option!

I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a good business trip location.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Ms O'Connor

Thank you for providing your valuable feedback of our hotel from your recent business trip to Adelaide.

We acknowledge your recommendation of the property and for highlighting your appreciation of the complimentary internet access for being a loyal IHG Rewards member.

Thank you also for mentioning the pillow selection you received which is good to know.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stayed here one night for business. Had a lovely view overlooking the river and directly toward the Adelaide Oval. The bed was very comfy and the bathroom was beautiful, large and very clean. Some of the wood work in the room was very dated with scratches and chipping evident. My main gripe was the apparent lack of sound proofing - I could hear my neighbour's television and showers very clearly - all at 11pm! The other things that was very annoying was the piped music in the hallways. I had a speaker almost directly outside my door and the awful, mobile phone ringtone type music that commenced at 8am was truly terrible. I would have been very annoyed if I was trying to sleep in.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear KatB65

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor as an overview of your recent stay at our hotel.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the views from your room and found the bed comfortable and the bathroom to your liking.

Your feedback is also greatly appreciated in regards to the noise you encountered from nearby guestrooms and the outside hallway. We completely understand your disappointment and thank you for advising us of the disturbances.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Having just spent a few nights at this hotel it's very difficult to find anything to complain about. The service was extremely friendly and efficient, even when I found a hair in my meal (which was tasting really good until that happened!) The location could not be better, right in the heart of the city and I was overlooking the river and stadium so had a good view. Rooms are standard intercon rooms, so no surprises there, one tiny little niggle for my room was that it backed onto the house keeping room so I was woken up one morning with banging doors but as soon as I mentioned it, it never happened again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JT S
ICAManagement, Manager at InterContinental Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Dear JT S

Thank you for visiting us recently and taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel.

Excellent to hear you enjoyed the overall experience and particularly the views from your room.

Thank you for mentioning your meal and the unfortunate presence of a hair - something I have since addressed with our Food and Beverage Manager. Good to also know the noise experienced from the housekeeping area was ceased upon your notifying our staff.

Look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

The InterContinental Adelaide is defiantly the best hotel Adelaide has to offer, but it should not be 5 stars. The hotel is dated, old-fashioned and very old and tired. This would have been luxurious 20 years ago but at present it is in dire need of a major renovation to bring it back up to standard. This hotel is a very typical 1980s american chain hotel. The rooms are clean and functional but very worn and tired. The pool area was all tiny with limited seats. Also the ground floor of the atrium is very dated and ugly with 30 year old plants and a dirty sitting area. But on the other hand the lobby is impressive and grand, the bathrooms are large and modern and the location is hard to beat!

Location:
Fantastic location in the heart of Adelaide. Within walking distance of all major sights and numerous restaurants.

Entrance:
The entrance is grand and impressive, provides a very good first impression.

Lobby:
The lobby is huge and very classy. This is defiantly not dated like the rest of the hotel. The lobby provides a great meeting area with a stylish bar and restaurant.

Check-in:
Fast, friendly and efficient.

Buffet Breakfast:
The buffet breakfast was just ok for a major chain hotel. There was a limited selection of food. The service was poor and it was very crowded. But it was in a very nice setting with great natural light.

Room:
I stayed in a classic room. The room was of a reasonable size and was well appointed. The twin beds were very small compared to other hotels. The room was very tired and used. Nearly all the painted wooden surfaces were badly worn as well as the cupboards.
But the bathroom was fantastic. It was large, clean and done in full marble. It also had a separate bath and shower which was good and it featured the luxurious Agraria and Elemis amenities.

Pool:
The pool area was absolutely tiny. There were only a few sun lounges. It was annoying as every time I tried to use the pool it was packed with people, so I missed out.

Although this hotel need some work it is still the best hotel Adelaide has to offer, by far.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank JDeNicolo
ICAManagement, Manager at InterContinental Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear JDeNicolo

Thank you very much for providing your feedback both in improvements as well as the positive comments that you have placed for our property.

We appreciate the time you've taken to highlight your objective opinions and have taken all of your comments on board.

As a point to mention, thank you for your compliments on your check in experience to the hotel which is good to provide to our colleagues as feedback.