InterContinental Adelaide
  • Room Service
Oaks Embassy(Adelaide)
Plaza Hotel(Adelaide)
View Hotel
Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide(Adelaide)
  • Fitness center
2,025 results
All reviewsthe club loungeriverside restaurantriver viewmarble bathroomcricket groundtrain stationvalet parkingfestival theatreconvention centerbuffet breakfastattending a conferencean upgradenorth terracebit datedking bedpillow menubusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed here two nights and the hotel is beautiful, staff are very helpful and go that step further to help. The first night we were in time to eat breakfast and the staff were great. This is the place to stay in Adelaide

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KirstyK1125
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed here on business with a few colleagues.

room was very nice - hotel was nice, location was nice. So why 3 stars.

first I was on the club floor but it appears I did not have access to the club. So I had to walk past it every time and could not get in. Why put me on the floor and not give me access.

There was no complementary water in the room.

Service at breakfast was pretty shocking. 3 times we asked for tea and it took 15 minutes in total to come. Just not good enough for $35 for breakfast. Food was good enough.

A hotel at this level really should major on the service. There was nothing wrong with the hotel, but as a Hilton Diamond Member and a Marriott Platinum member (that means a minimum of 150 nights a year), you notice these small differences when they are not there. They are the reason why you would chose to go back to that chain.

Would I go back - yes - this may have been a one off day.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank thefrequenttraveller
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear thefrequenttraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to read you found our location and rooms commendable. We are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. However, I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations specifically with the service received from our hotel staff. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Again, thank you for posting your comments.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel is well situated on North Terrace close to the centre of the city and with a good tram service out the front plus a taxi rank. I do however find the foyer area very dark and gloomy.
Staff are friendly, helpful and professional, while the rooms we had on our two recent visits were bright, clean and airy. A very comfortable bed made for good sleep while the towels were big and fluffy. Ample supplies of good toileteries are also suppied.These rooms, being on the upper floors had wonderful views across the airport and North Adelaide.
We paid for a club room with access to the well appointed lounge where a pleasant breakfast is available along with nibblies and drinks late afternoon. Tea and coffee are also available throughout the day along with papers/magazines to while away spare time. Staff here were attentive without being officious - top marks to them all.

Room Tip: Go for a room on one of the upper floors with club access.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Schlepper1939
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I used to love this hotel when it was a Hyatt and i cannot fault it as the Intercontinental.
My only problem with it was that it allowed non guests in the gym, so it was very busy. Now it's just the hotel guests and blissful. Like the rest of the place. The athmosphere is relaxed, the rooms are very clean. There are obvious signs of wear as it has been a while since everything was put in place, but it is sparkling clean and the staff is very professional and helpfull. I also recommend joining the ambassador program as it gives you a free weekend night per year and 4 pm checkout! We got to check it at 10 with a guaranteed room upgrade. Excellent!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shorichi
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My last review was about a 3/1/2 star hotel that charged like a 5 star and acted like a 2 star. This hotel, thankfully, is a 5 star this feels like a 5 star but doesn't charge like its in London...

Difficult to fault... All the staff i came across were outstanding - they set the standard on check in and out speed - no fluffing around, just get me into my room, or out of it. The room itself was very good and very comfortable.

On a value scale, its almost unbeatable. Great work InterContinental Adelaide, kudos. Wish there were more like you.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business