InterContinental Adelaide
Chancellor on Currie(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$95
$82
Oaks Horizons(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$158
$144
  • Restaurant
Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$112
Adelaide Inn(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$72
$59
Agoda.com
Mantra on Frome(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$98
$79
    BreakFree Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
    $75
    $73
    Agoda.com
    Comfort Inn Regal Park(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
    $88
    $85
    2,032 results
    All reviewsthe club loungeriverside restaurantriver viewmarble bathroomcricket groundtrain stationvalet parkingfestival theatreconvention centerbuffet breakfastattending a conferencean upgradenorth terracebit datedking bedpillow menubusiness trip
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed September 23, 2012

Sadly the last 8 nights we stayed in the Intercontinental Hotel Adelaide proved to be dogged by wasted opportunities. We arrived at around 19:00 on a Saturday night. Even though we were booked to stay in the Intercontinental Club we had to wait at the main reception to check-in. I get very annoyed when hotels do this. It is like buying a First or Business airline ticket and being told to join the queues at economy. The extra room rate you pay for Club membership should be reflected from arrival at thne hotel. I have recently been made a Platinum Member of their Priority Pass frequent stayers club. There was no recognition of this at all.

When we arrived in the room 2 of the roon lights were not working. Doesn't anybody pre-check rooms these days before guests arrive. The Bell guy who delivered our bags got an engineer to come to the room. He eventually fixed the table lamp but couldn't fix the Halogen light in the ceiling. Someone from security came to do this. I looked into the fridge to see if there was any ice. The whole fridge tipped forward and scattered all of the minibar contents onto the floor. I also noticed at this time that the top of the fridge was filthy. Not just dust but real grime. It didn't look as though it had been cleaned for months. Don't Housekeeping do regular room checks. A delightful lady from Housekeeping arrived to clean the fridge and all of the contents fell on her as well. The Security guy went away and came back with a piece of wood that he had cut to size. He pushed it onto the top of the frisge with a long screwdriver and this had the effect of the fridge no longer tipping.

The Club is a very large one. It has a large atrium that runs from the 21st to 24th floors. The air conditionning was usually very severe and guests could be seen trying to find somewhere to sit where they were not being blasted with cold air. The young ladies (they were all female) were in the main very good. They were friendly and gave the guests a very good level of service. There was one evening when we visited the Club and on the carpet was a wedge of lemon. We watched it being kicked and trodden on for over an hour. None of the staff picked it up. In most of the hotels we usually stay at this would have been dealt with almost instantly.

The positive points are that the hotel is in a great position. It is a very iconic building in Adelaide. The design of the rooms is quite sensible and functional.

After 5 nights I raised the question about benefits of being a Platinum Priority card member. Still nothing had happened. A lady from room service arrived. She saw a litre bottle of still water in the room and told us that the water was our amenity!!!! So 50 nights in a 12 months period to become a Platinum Member and you get a litre of water Wow!!!! She had a bottle of red wine for us and a fruit plate with 1 banana, 1 apple, 1 orange and 1 pear. She saw a banana on the desk and accused us of having already had our amenities. We pointed out that we had bought it ourselves and showed her the bag with other fruits that we had purchsed. I have never been given anything in a hotel with such bad grace. We didn't eat the fruit!!!

We enjoyed Adelaide as a destination very much. The hotel buiding is there it really needs some effective management and control factors being put into place. It just constantly reflected missed opportunities that some effective management interventions could put right at minimal cost.

Room Tip: The Intercontinental Club rooms are at the 21st Floor and above so you get good views. Be careful of the Club at weekends. They oversell the product beyond what the facilities and staff can cope with.
    • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
    1  Thank Kelhamcorp
    IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Kelhamcorp,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Karen G.
    Case Manager
    IHGCare

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed there for three nights. The room was in a quiet area but, the housekeeping staff kept on messing up my bed. When I checked I told a housekeeper than I only need two pillows, and two sheets were on the bed as I requested. The next day, only one sheet was on my bed but there were two pillows. The third night I received five pillows , and two sheets. I asked for Kleenex, and the guy at the front desk did not understand me so, I then said facial tissue which he still did not understand . So, I asked to speak to a interpreter who was the concierge. The housekeeper made the delivery which had Kleenex on the box . Platinum members should get amenities at check in like Starwood I only received a upgrade, complimentary bottled water, and newspaper. Starwood would give me complimentary use of the lounge, and a choice of extra points or a snack item.

• Stayed: September 2012
    3  Thank Globetrotter10079
    IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Globetrotter10079,

Thank you for being a Platinum Priority Club Member and taking the time to write us a review. I am glad that you find our location satisfactory enough for your needs. Please accept my sincerest apology if you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the housekeeping service you received. We will address this and I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
    Case Manager
    IHGCare

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Amazing atmosphere with live music in the lobby.
    Local artwork spiral staircase and water effects also in the lobby.
    Rooms were beautiful, with a walk-in shower in the bathroom.
    In room mini bar was a nice option although I didn't use.
    Large HD television!
    I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012
    1  Thank Ashish P
    Reviewed September 21, 2012

we really like the position of this hotel close to all ammenities, parks river and a walking track which we used every morning.....great continental breakfast!!!! rooms have been updated and really enjoy the turndowns keep it up great hotel...

Room Tip: go for the river view
    • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank Sallina M
    Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed here during a conference held right next door at the convention centre. The rooms were well appointed and I had a great view of the river and the sunset. Staff were all smiles and very helpful. By Australian standards, this is a luxurious hotel. Its a 7 min walk to Rundle Mall and about a 7 minute cab ride to Gouger St/ Chinatown. There is also a fantastic Italian restaurant right across from the hotel. Reservations needed at Parlemento.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business