My sister and I stayed here as we need to find accomodations on short notice. The room pictures looked decent and it was reasonably priced.
The hotel is located near the post office,a bar and a few restaurants. However, if you are looking for the main part of town or want to get to Hyde Park, it's a bit far. (I walked all over Sydney without a city train pass so I'm open to walking a fair amount). However, this location just wan't appealing to two women walking around an unfamiliar part of town at night in the rain (it was the start of winter) looking for dinner. We ate nearby for the first night which was okay, but the second night we were looking for more of an epicurean adventure and we had to take a taxi.
You should also be aware that if you will need to walk and explore on Sunday mornings as the Cafe next door isn't open on Sundays.
We were in the what other people call the "hotel section" which meant that we didn't have outward facing windows. We were upstairs and I couldn't find a lift so we needed to carry everything up the stairs (not a problem for us, but could be a problem for others).
Customer service was stellar at this hotel. With this being said, I don't want you to think that things were right the first time around, but the staff was really friendly and absolutely great in resolving issues.
Another note: you have to purchase increments of time for internet access. It was AUD $5 for 30 minutes when we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within close proximity to the thriving central business district and major Adelaide city attractions, BreakFree Directors Studios is suited to both business and leisure travellers. Offering guests a choice of studio and hotel style rooms comfortably furnished with modern amenities spread over two buildings. Both rooms feature contemporary furnishings and modern amenities, with air-conditioning, TV and wireless internet access(fee). BreakFree Directors Studios offers a host of facilities to meet the needs of business and leisure travellers. We offer guests 24-hour reception, room service (specified hours only) same day laundry service (fee), babysitting service (fee), guest laundry with washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board. There is also limited car parking available (subject to availability, fees apply). Directors Studios offers free luggage storage for guests that require their bags to be left for the day or overnight. Entertainment and shopping are all within walking distance and include Chinatown, the Central Markets, Rundle Mall, Adelaide Convention Centre, Adelaide Festival Theatre and cosmopolitan restaurants. Only a two minute walk to Adelaide's famous Gouger Street, the main restaurant precinct of the city, BreakFree Directors Studios is located close to the Art Gallery of South Australia, South Australian Museum and State Library. BreakFree Directors Studios is a boutique hotel situated in the heart of Adelaide City, offering comfortable accommodation at an affordable price. BreakFree Directors Studios is a NON SMOKING hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your BreakFree Director's Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Director`s Studios Hotel Adelaide
- Directors Studios Adelaide
- Directors Studios Hotel Adelaide