After a 15 hour flight from LA thru Aukland, Melbourne and the trials of retreiving baggage, locating a taxi that could handle 7 huge bags 2 adults and 2 teens, we arrived at Director's, not knowing what to expect. Don't let the small check-in reception put you off, the rooms are great! We had two rooms - one for the parents and one for the teenagers and both were exceptionally clean and neat. We had a few anxious moments to get the heater to work, but if one reads the instructions (Duh!) left on the writing desk, it all is good. Water pressure and plentiful hot H2O was so appreciated. Beds were comfy. We had a full kitchenette in both rooms and the supplies were just what we needed - tea, coffee, milk in the fridge and cold water in a pitcher.
Best yet, we had to check out the next am to take the bus and ferry over to Kangaroo Island and were stressing about all that luggage! The front desk staff suggested at our check-in, that it would be OK if we left some of what we didn't need at the hotel in a locked bin, to pick up on our return trip. That was so wonderful and made the whole SA leg of our journey much easier.
I highly recommend Directors and commend their management team for providing us first-time visitors to OZ a huge welcome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within close proximity to the thriving central business district and major Adelaide city attractions, BreakFree Directors Studios is suited to both business and leisure travellers. Offering guests a choice of studio and hotel style rooms comfortably furnished with modern amenities spread over two buildings. Both rooms feature contemporary furnishings and modern amenities, with air-conditioning, TV and wireless internet access(fee). BreakFree Directors Studios offers a host of facilities to meet the needs of business and leisure travellers. We offer guests 24-hour reception, room service (specified hours only) same day laundry service (fee), babysitting service (fee), guest laundry with washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board. There is also limited car parking available (subject to availability, fees apply). Directors Studios offers free luggage storage for guests that require their bags to be left for the day or overnight. Entertainment and shopping are all within walking distance and include Chinatown, the Central Markets, Rundle Mall, Adelaide Convention Centre, Adelaide Festival Theatre and cosmopolitan restaurants. Only a two minute walk to Adelaide's famous Gouger Street, the main restaurant precinct of the city, BreakFree Directors Studios is located close to the Art Gallery of South Australia, South Australian Museum and State Library. BreakFree Directors Studios is a boutique hotel situated in the heart of Adelaide City, offering comfortable accommodation at an affordable price. BreakFree Directors Studios is a NON SMOKING hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your BreakFree Director's Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Director`s Studios Hotel Adelaide
- Directors Studios Adelaide
- Directors Studios Hotel Adelaide