“Happy days”

Ranked #26 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Tennant Creek, Australia
“Happy days”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed at BreakFree Directors studios for 3 nights and it was lovely. When I arrived the staff were super helpful as I had no idea of how to get around Adelaide or where anything was. They even phoned to find out PT timetables so I could get where I needed to be. The room was basic but fresh and clean and didn't feel like budget accommodation at all. My favourite part though was the location! It was a 2 minute walk to hit all the yummy restaurants in town and just a hop and a skip to catch the free train through town to the mall. It was close enough to everything without being noisy and congested. I'd definitely stay there again.

They even upgraded my room because they weren't full and they knew I was staying a few nights, the little things like that made it well great value for an affordable price!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at BreakFree Director's Studios, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Dear Jessica A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at Breakfree Directors Studios and I will certainly pass on your comments to the team.

Adelaide is such a fabulous place, in particular the restaraunts you mention in Gouger St and all within easy walking distance.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Breakfree Directors Studios when you next visit Adelaide.

Sincerely
Cheryl Tavasci

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Thai first
Masterton, New Zealand
Reviewed July 3, 2012

In June myself and my wife had a 4 state trip around Australia. We are from New Zealand, this was the first time for both of us to see Adelaide, and the first time at Breakfree, the experience we had over the 8 nights at the studio, was awesome, when you walk in to breakfree the first thing you see, is a staff member with a smile and a person who looks after you at a very high level, the room are awesome has well, but the high light for us, has to be the staff, we done breakfree for having a excellent team. 10 out of 10.

Stuart and Cheryl Roberts

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at BreakFree Director's Studios, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear Stuart & Cheryl,

Thank your for taking the time to provide feedback during your recent stay at Breakfree Directors Studios.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and I am very fortunate to have a fabulous team who not only take pride in their work but genuinely enjoy their roles.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Breakfree Directors Studios should your travels see you return to Adelaide.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stayed here for 6 days attending a netball tournament at the ETSA netball centre. I chose it because it was convenient (20 min walk). The service I received was informative with hospitality and a smile. The directors hotel pub next door was a treat with a good menu accompany by a smooth Adelaide's cold brew at $5 AUD (if you join the VIP club for $5), The rooms were comfortable with the kitchenette, separate bathroom and all amenities provided. The housekeeping was amazing fresh towels everyday.
The location allows you to enjoy a very quiet part of town yet convenient to visit Chinatown local restaurants, market and Coles if you prefer (10-15min walk), There's Hungry jack around the corner with a service station for those snack deals. Post office across the road to receive those extra funds if sent by western union.
If you're a netball fan this is a place to stay (especially if you're a Adelaide Thunderbird fan). Helen the receptionist was very helpful and courteous she's a credit to the establishment.
The value for money was great with people and service made it worthwhile. I recommend this place highly and will call again................cheers

Room Tip: Ask for a Room with kitchenette 1st floor down the back...bliss
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
BFDIR, General Manager at BreakFree Director's Studios, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Wes T,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Breakfree Directors Studios. We strive to not only maintain but improve our standards and the team enjoy hearing feedback from our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Breakfree Directors Studios next time you are in Adelaide.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I was very happy with the cleanliness and quietness of Breakfree Directors Studios. The location only 10 minutes from the Central Market and tram stop was great. There were more restuarants than I could try in the three days I was there. The facilities were of a high quality.

Room Tip: It was worth upgrading to a studio over a hotel room. I liked staying on the 3rd floor as I had a be...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
BFDIR, General Manager at BreakFree Director's Studios, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Dear Louise P,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

LONDON
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Very convienient, well equipped, clean comfotable spacious accomodation. Great value

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
BFDIR, General Manager at BreakFree Director's Studios, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Dear KAG_London,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay with us at Breakfree Directors Studios.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will certainly pass on your comments to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back should your travel plans see you return to Adelaide.

Ocala, Florida
Reviewed March 13, 2012

This is just an average hotel..ALthough it is within walking distance of the city, we were not impressed with the overall surroundings of the hotel. THe lobby is very small and you have to go outside and down an alley to get to your room. The rooms were "adequate" . The staff was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoAnn V
Dear JoAnn V,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. Please accept my apologies that the your experience with us did not meet your expectations. I hope that we can have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the near future, please contact me directly on 08-8213-2500 so that I can personally ensure that your stay is a pleasant one.

sydney australia
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stayed in a hotel room, I loved the fact that I got an eco rate, which meant that the room did not get serviced during my time there. I am sensitive to chemicals so the less used the better.

The hotel rooms are adjacent to the studios - different building with another building and a laneway between them.

The room was fine - I knew it would be small, but what did concern me was that it was an internal room and no outside window. The window that did not open was floor to ceiling and open to the lobby - but the curtains did not completely block out the light at night. Solved that by using the iron board on one side of the window and jamming the drapes in the door on the other side

got very hot when you returned as you could not leave the air on or any air movement.

The shower did not drain very well, and the bath mat got very wet and with no air movement did not dry so the room had a damp smell to it.

As a place to sleep for a 6 day business trip to Adelaide it was ok, but not one to rave about.

I had an issue with the charges to my room and how they were applied which I complained about- got a response from the manager saying she would look into it, but still not got an answer - so at this stage no tax receipt to claim my expenses ......

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank our001
Dear our001,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

Please accept my apologies that the your experience with us did not fully meet your expectations.

I believe the issue with your tax invoice has now been resolved but please contact me directly on 08 8213 2500 if this is still outstanding.