Tandanya, National Aboriginal Cultural Institute Inc.
Ranked #75 of 206 things to do in Adelaide
More attraction details
Owner description: Tandanya is a visionary and vibrant place to explore and experience contemporary and traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture, through visual art and performings. Walk through art exhibitions or take a tour, watch a cultural presentation and performance (by appointment), browse through our Gallery Shop or hire one of many spaces in our amazing building.
Winnipeg, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We came wanting to see some examples of Aboriginal Culture. The admission fee is very reasonable. First we viewed many examples of aboriginal art and learned the stories behind many of them, and the different styles and materials used. We were tempted to buy one painting. We had a presentation about the yidaki and a demonstration of how it is played. It was a very informative visit.

Visited March 2012

Cambridge, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great gift shop. Like the gallery being free and open. Helpful and friendly staff. Interesting outside of the building. Close to other landmarks of interest.

Visited September 2012
Sydney, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Small but lively”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

It is small but I love the ethos of this Gallery. It just feels far more spiritual and organic than the exhibitions in the SA Gallery. I love the 'aunty' she is such a character and super friendly. I would say it displays contemporary Aboriginal art...don't forget to donate!

Visited August 2012
Adelaide, Australia
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“grandkids”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

again I have not been here but my grandchildren just loved it and were very intrigued with the culture

Adelaide
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“The More I Explore The Less I Know I Know”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture had me exploring it and reading about it so that I could at least be informed a little more. I just loved Tandanya - I know I know very little and the more I find out the more I realize I need to know more. If you are like me and have a curiousness about our indigenous peoples and their culture then this is an excellent start - through art, pictures, film and presentations.

Visited March 2012