Tandanya, National Aboriginal Cultural Institute Inc.
Ranked #73 of 208 things to do in Adelaide
More attraction details
Owner description: Tandanya is a visionary and vibrant place to explore and experience contemporary and traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture, through visual art and performings. Walk through art exhibitions or take a tour, watch a cultural presentation and performance (by appointment), browse through our Gallery Shop or hire one of many spaces in our amazing building.
Reviewed August 31, 2012

again I have not been here but my grandchildren just loved it and were very intrigued with the culture

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture had me exploring it and reading about it so that I could at least be informed a little more. I just loved Tandanya - I know I know very little and the more I find out the more I realize I need to know more. If you are like me and have a curiousness about our indigenous peoples and their culture then this is an excellent start - through art, pictures, film and presentations.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

The thing I love about Tandanya is that it's Aboriginal people telling their own story through art, displays, exhibitions, films etc. The name itself means 'the place of the red kangaroo'. It's so much more than the gift shop. Check out their website to see what's on and when so you can time your visit to make the most of what's on offer eg didgeridoo and dance at noon daily except Mondays. A guided tour at 11am on Thursdays. Entry into the exhibition space is free but there may be some costs for other events and activities. I am resident in Adelaide, and always encourage visitors to the city to go to Tandanya to see Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture in the hands of the people themselves. So much more respectful for their rich cultural history.

Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Most interesting Aboriginal art, prices are reasonable, place is colourful and stuffs are very friendly

Reviewed June 17, 2012

A fascinating and inspiring display of art and an excellent range in the gift shop.